+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu...

Re: Ethan Ampadu...

I doubt AC Milan had any interest.

Id say this is a good move for him. Hes not as good as the likes of other Chelsea youngsters that went on loan. Mount , Gallagher in particular and Probably Gilmour as well.

Hopefully 1st game of the season he performs the way he has recently for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I doubt AC Milan had any interest.

Id say this is a good move for him. Hes not as good as the likes of other Chelsea youngsters that went on loan. Mount , Gallagher in particular and Probably Gilmour as well.

Hopefully 1st game of the season he performs the way he has recently for Wales.
    I look forward to seeing how sh*t he is according to some of the pundits on here, and I will be very disappointed if he actually turns out to be quite decent

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I look forward to seeing how sh*t he is according to some of the pundits on here, and I will be very disappointed if he actually turns out to be quite decent
    I think most people on here wish Ampadu well in the next phase of his career, (Championship games vs us excepted of course). What most people on here, apart from you, never saw, was someone you elevated above Declan Rice at the time he had played 100 Premier League Games or saw him as the second most influential player in the Welsh team when Bale, Ramsey, Allen and Davies were still doing their stuff.

This is an parable in your limitations, not Ampadu's!

I havent seen anyone call him shit. Though I do hope hes shit against us.

I don't think anyone wants to see him fail. It wasn't long ago Wales had one of the the best players in the world and it'll be a long time until we can say that again. If it could be Ampadu we'd all be chuffed and no doubt gladly eat humble pie, it's just most people don't see what you see.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I don't think anyone wants to see him fail. It wasn't long ago Wales had one of the the best players in the world and it'll be a long time until we can say that again. If it could be Ampadu we'd all be chuffed and no doubt gladly eat humble pie, it's just most people don't see what you see.
    Time will tell and this season was always going to be a big one for him, no matter where he played.

Time will tell and this season was always going to be a big one for him, no matter where he played.
    100%, I really hope he's a shining light in a failing Leeds team.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    100%, I really hope he's a shining light in a failing Leeds team.
    Breaking news.

49ers Enterprises complete Leeds United takeover

Leeds United are under new ownership after the English Football League (EFL) approved the sale of the club to 49ers Enterprises.

49ers Enterprises taking full control of Leeds brings to an end Andrea Radrizzani’s time at Elland Road, where he has been the majority shareholder since 2017.

The two sides publicly announced a deal in June, allowing 49ers Enterprises to begin the process of officially ratifying its long-awaited buy-out.

Paraag Marathe, previously vice chairman and board member of the board, will take over as club chairman.

Rudy Cline-Thomas, a member of the investment group, will join the board as co-owner and vice-chair and Angus Kinnear remains CEO.

“This is an important moment for Leeds United and we are already hard at work,” said Marathe. “This transition is a necessary reset to chart a new course for the club.

“We have already appointed a highly-respected first team manager with a track record of success, and we are confident Leeds will field a competitive squad to contend for promotion next season. It’s a privilege to carry this torch as I know we have a responsibility to ensure this club makes our staff, players, supporters, and the Leeds and Yorkshire communities proud.”

49ers Enterprises is the investment arm of NFL franchise San Francisco 49ers and the consortium taking charge of Leeds consists of around 10 major investors, with numerous smaller parties also committed in a more minor capacity.

On the playing side, Daniel Farke was appointed as the club’s new manager earlier this month to replace Sam Allardyce, who departed at the end of the 2022-23 season.

https://theathletic.com/4598069/2023...s-enterprises/

It looks like Ampadu is the first signing of a new era, which puts a slightly different slant on things. If the intention is to return the club to their former glory, then it's not looking like such a bad move after all. It would also explain why Tyler Adams is keen to stay. Time will tell.

Nat Philips agrees personal terms with Leeds. I guess we will have to make do with the runners-up spot!

It looks like Ampadu is the first signing of a new era, which puts a slightly different slant on things. If the intention is to return the club to their former glory, then it's not looking like such a bad move after all. It would also explain why Tyler Adams is keen to stay. Time will tell.

The 49ers have been involved with Leeds for 5 years ffs, owned almost half of them for the last two years, its not exactly the Saudi Arabia PIF buying into Newcastle new era.

Dress it up how you want, your boy is going to end up in the Championship because there were no other concrete offers.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

The 49ers have been involved with Leeds for 5 years ffs, owned almost half of them for the last two years, its not exactly the Saudi Arabia PIF buying into Newcastle new era.

Dress it up how you want, your boy is going to end up in the Championship because there were no other concrete offers.
    As t stands, he's a championship player. No shame in that, gone to a big club in Leeds, pretty much what most people have been saying on here for a while. He's found his level, and it's a very good level. Perhaps not the Level WB seems to think he should be playing at.

There is a slight difference between having total control and being a minority shareholder.

49 ers. A few of them are golfers arent they? - Justin Thomas , Ricky Fowler.

Perhaps Woosnam can get a consortium up.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    As t stands, he's a championship player. No shame in that, gone to a big club in Leeds, pretty much what most people have been saying on here for a while. He's found his level, and it's a very good level. Perhaps not the Level WB seems to think he should be playing at.
    They'll be looking to bounce straight back.

He's a premier league player on his day, a good place to rebuild his confidence, a good move I think he'll play well.

Not the level for one of the brightest young talents in Europe to be playing at 23 years old.

Not the level for one of the brightest young talents in Europe to be playing at 23 years old.
    All part of the plan 😊

All part of the plan ��
    F*ck him, anyone who wishes him well is wishing Leeds do well.

He's 22, and if it's a new project you want to be in on the ground floor. Some of my best days supporting the City were when new owners came along and created a buzz. It must be exciting for the players too, trying to create something from the rubble of the old. It will be interesting to see if Adams stays, as they are best mates and they can start rebuilding the team around those two.

There's nothing wrong with impartial opinions!

3 seasons, 3 relegations !!!!

Here’s wishing

F uck ing hate Leeds

He's 22, and if it's a new project you want to be in on the ground floor. Some the my best days supporting the City were when new owners came along and created a buzz. It must be exciting for the players too, trying to create something from the rubble of the old. It will be interesting to see if Adams stays, as they are best mates and they can start building a team around those two.
    Semantics. He will be 23 five weeks after the season starts.

Dress it up how you want. If he really was one of the brightest young talents in Europe he would be nowhere near the Championship. Deluding yourself that he turned down Milan and the Champions League for Leeds and the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They'll be looking to bounce straight back.

He's a premier league player on his day, a good place to rebuild his confidence, a good move I think he'll play well.
    I hope he has a stinker against us on the opening day, and a few OG's would be great.

Semantics. He will be 23 five weeks after the season starts.
    AKA facts!

Completely agree. I hope that Leeds are shit next season. I don't really care what Ampadu does either way, unless he's in a Blue shirt I couldn't care less.