+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is all the rain they predicted ?

Where is all the rain they predicted ?

It's like arizona

Re: Where is all the rain they predicted ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's like arizona
    Convinced my missus last night that she didn't need to water the garden as heavy rain was forecast (over 80% certainty on some sites). I'm not flavour of the month today.

Plenty around the Severn bridges and tracking North at the moment

Tomorrow innit?

They have telling us all week thunderstorms

Absoloute bollocks

It's money for old rope

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Tomorrow innit?
    Been saying that for days

Saturday supposed to be a drencher but just an hour

Naff off brockway

The forecasting been getting worse since dear old Michael Fish's no hurricane prediction. Whatever Brockway predicts is usually wrong but he always covers himself by saying "there's some uncertainty" 😳

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    The forecasting been getting worse since dear old Michael Fish's no hurricane prediction. Whatever Brockway predicts is usually wrong but he always covers himself by saying "there's some uncertainty" 😳
    He's a pleasant enough fella but he and his mob are useless

The BBC Weather app is crap too

I was sweating cobs last night waiting for the rain to break things up and it never came

Painting indoors in my boxers
    Talk about sweat dripping there’s no air even with all the windows open

On the positive there’s a batch of ice cold cans with my name on when I finish plus I can relax in the garden tomorrow on the hottest predicted day of the year so far ☀️🍻

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    P
    On the positive there’s a batch of ice cold cans with my name on when I finish plus I can relax in the garden tomorrow on the hottest predicted day of the year so far ☀️🍻
    Yep. I'm on holiday in Ceredigion and BBC are forecasting a scorching 21° tomorrow.

Depends where you are in the world. Armagedon by us in the Midlands yesterday. So dark later in the afternoon the lights were on. Thunder, lightning, heavy rain....flooded our road, again.
    Lightningmaps.org is useful for avoiding the deluge.

I did the school run, picked daughter up and it was hammering down, I mean upto your ankles on the road, drove home ( about 10 mins away ) and not a drop and still nothing

Ah....weather forecasters forecast. They don't predict. Hence an element of uncertainty unless its high pressure over the country.

Currently having thunder with no rain in Merthyr

Really needs a good lashing there is no air, the humidity is like South America

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Currently having thunder with no rain in Merthyr

Really needs a good lashing there is no air, the humidity is like South America
    I’ve often thought Merthyr and Colombia had a lot in common!

Sludge, you've got to stop complaining about the weather. And the Premier League. We know you don't like it warm, we know you hate Liverpool. And we know you don't rate Pep. I have to say though, complaining about 21 degrees is piss poor. That's considered ideal sleeping weather here. We have our air conditioning set to 21 degrees.

I can understand not getting thunder and lightning when forecasted, that's very hit and miss so to speak. But giving an 80% chance of rain over at least a 6 hour period and then not receiving a drop is unfathomable. Only one thing worse and that's not getting snow when predicted. I feel cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I’ve often thought Merthyr and Colombia had a lot in common!
    Female facial hair?

It was hammering down in Caerphilly at 3 this morning. No sign of rain now despite them saying it would.

Raining on their parade in Manchester. In fact it’s a deluge. Edit it’s been delayed because of bad weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I can understand not getting thunder and lightning when forecasted, that's very hit and miss so to speak. But giving an 80% chance of rain over at least a 6 hour period and then not receiving a drop is unfathomable. Only one thing worse and that's not getting snow when predicted. I feel cheated.
    Snow can piss right off

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Raining on their parade in Manchester. In fact it’s a deluge. Edit it’s been delayed because of bad weather.
    The Rain In Spain

I believe that the BBC ditched Met Office forecasts in favour of those from AccuWeather.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I believe that the BBC ditched Met Office forecasts in favour of those from AccuWeather.
    What I don't understand is why BBC and Met Office forecasts can differ so wildly on a regular basis. In fact it is quite unusual for them to agree on anything. You would think that by using these supercomputers, there would be fewer discrepancies in their forecasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    What I don't understand is why BBC and Met Office forecasts can differ so wildly on a regular basis. In fact it is quite unusual for them to agree on anything. You would think that by using these supercomputers, there would be fewer discrepancies in their forecasts.
    As the Met Office is a government agency maybe it's funding has been cut, and its supercomputer aint as super as Accuweathers?