Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't tell North Cardiff Blue about the permit only street in Llanishen

Don't tell North Cardiff Blue about the permit only street in Llanishen

Re: Don't tell North Cardiff Blue about the permit only street in Llanishen

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Ka-chinggggggggggggggg

£££££££££££££££££££££££’s

Drakeford won't be happy until this scheme is extended to cover the whole of Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Drakeford won't be happy until this scheme is extended to cover the whole of Cardiff.
    Is it a Welsh Government decision or a local council decision for that type of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Is it a Welsh Government decision or a local council decision for that type of thing?
    Whoever’s decision it was, it’s not thought out, making traffic go the long way around, thus using more emissions

It’s a money maker, that’s all

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Whoever’s decision it was, it’s not thought out, making traffic go the long way around, thus using more emissions

not exactly much of a detour, through traffic SHOULD be using the main roads rather than going through 2 housing areas. the alternative would be to block it off altogether, but that would put people living there at a disadvantage. seems a good compromise to me.

I can imagine them using it for Everest avenue as well as people do use that as a cut through, are there many people actually using this as a cut through, it has never occurred to me to go that way

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    not exactly much of a detour, through traffic SHOULD be using the main roads rather than going through 2 housing areas. the alternative would be to block it off altogether, but that would put people living there at a disadvantage. seems a good compromise to me.
    Roads were supposedly constructed to be used to get about !

What next, block of Templeton Ave to stop the traffic driving through north Llanishen !!!!!!

Bloody hope Duckford isn’t reading this

Yes, this is only the beginning of the digital police state!

What next, block of Templeton Ave to stop the traffic driving through north Llanishen !!!!!!

My mate lives on this route , so can I visit him without any fine or do I need to apply for a permit ?

Agreed. A decision like this is unlikely to have been implemented without complaints from local residents. Often 20mph zones are as a result of local people campaigning or due to a high number of accidents. While we can moan from a driver's perspective, we sometimes need to look at things from resident's point of view as well.

I would imagine that the amount of traffic using this street as a short cut is causing problems. I doubt many of us would like to live on a small street that is ridiculously busy at times because some drivers want to make a short cut. Drivers in a hurry going down roads like that isn't a great scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed. A decision like this is unlikely to have been implemented without complaints from local residents. Often 20mph zones are as a result of local people campaigning or due to a high number of accidents. While we can moan from a driver's perspective, we sometimes need to look at things from resident's point of view as well.

I would imagine that the amount of traffic using this street as a short cut is causing problems. I doubt many of us would like to live on a small street that is ridiculously busy at times because some drivers want to make a short cut. Drivers in a hurry going down roads like that isn't a great scenario.
    Question, was the road constructed for traffic ?

Question, was the road constructed for traffic ?
    not for through traffic, no!

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    My mate lives on this route , so can I visit him without any fine or do I need to apply for a permit ?
    what do you mean on this route? if he lives in the crystals then you go in via heathwood road, and if he's up by fishguard road you go via ty glas road, the same ways as I'd currently go tbh

There were No Through Traffic signs up at either end for as long as I can remember.

Every now and then,but probably not often enough, the police would be there checking vehicles and sometime issuing fines. I guess though, if the resources aren't there to enforce road sign instructions then automation is another way.

not for through traffic, no!

So a delivery driver has 4 drops on Fishguard Road and his next drop is Ty Glas

So he’s got to double back on himself and go all the way around

Senseless

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    There were No Through Traffic signs up at either end for as long as I can remember.

Every now and then,but probably not often enough, the police would be there checking vehicles and sometime issuing fines. I guess though, if the resources aren't there to enforce road sign instructions then automation is another way.
    Correct, signs stated “except for access”, meaning delivery drivers could use it

So a delivery driver has 4 drops on Fishguard Road and his next drop is Ty Glas

So he’s got to double back on himself and go all the way around

Senseless
    no, you can go from fishguard road to ty glas road no problems . its just a small section of crystal glen that you can't go through - which they shou;dn't be using as a short cut anyway as it's access only

Correct, signs stated “except for access”, meaning delivery drivers could use it
    delivery drivers can use it to access a property in there, not to use as a short cut for their next delivery

no, you can go from fishguard road to ty glas road no problems . its just a small section of crystal glen that you can't go through - which they shou;dn't be using as a short cut anyway as it's access only
    They have to go through Crystal Glen to get to Fishguard

delivery drivers can use it to access a property in there, not to use as a short cut for their next delivery
    As with all WOL sites, the ads prevent it loading completely, but I’m sure I read “no access to delivery drivers”

If they enter through Crystal Glen and leave through Ty-Glas, how will the camera know that they had delivery’s

Got a magic eye, has it

It's ridiculous, same as when you block off other roads with bollards. Just forces more traffic elsewhere. In this case probably the already congested Fidlas Road. People live there also.

Easy money for the council.

It must be annoying for residents, I get that but most people have a road outside their house and are fully aware of potential issues when moving in.

As with all WOL sites, the ads prevent it loading completely, but I’m sure I read “no access to delivery drivers”

If they enter through Crystal Glen and leave through Ty-Glas, how will the camera know that they had delivery’s

Got a magic eye, has it
    they shouldn't be entering through crystal glen and leaving through ty glas now

International

Drakeford probably then, if you look at every decision he makes it's the wrong choice, everything he touches turns to shit!

International

Exactly go the quickest way, people following a sat nav route will end up with fines in the future.