+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't tell North Cardiff Blue about the permit only street in Llanishen

Re: Don't tell North Cardiff Blue about the permit only street in Llanishen

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    As with all WOL sites, the ads prevent it loading completely, but I’m sure I read “no access to delivery drivers”

If they enter through Crystal Glen and leave through Ty-Glas, how will the camera know that they had delivery’s

Got a magic eye, has it
    From a previous article I read it suggested if you left the same way as you entered you would be alright, even if crossing the sections mentioned in the article.

They have to go through Crystal Glen to get to Fishguard
    fishguard road exits directly onto ty glas road, youre thinking of fiishguard close.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There is a clear agenda to ban the car, making them as unpleasurable, challenging, and expensive as possible until people give them up. Not really fair is it, people on lower incomes will have to do without the convenience of a car before the wealthy, creating a two-tier system.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    There is a clear agenda to ban the car, making them as unpleasurable, challenging, and expensive as possible until people give them up. Not really fair is it, people on lower incomes will have to do without the convenience of a car before the wealthy, creating a two-tier system.
    this is not banning the car, it is stopping people from using a rat-run through a housing estate, which is already not allowed, just it will be enforced more effectively.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    not exactly much of a detour, through traffic SHOULD be using the main roads rather than going through 2 housing areas. the alternative would be to block it off altogether, but that would put people living there at a disadvantage. seems a good compromise to me.
    I used to go through there when I was younger and going to town to work in the rush hours, no point now anyway it's full of speed bumps.

fishguard road exits directly onto ty glas road, youre thinking of fiishguard close.
    No I’m not !

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    From a previous article I read it suggested if you left the same way as you entered you would be alright, even if crossing the sections mentioned in the article.
    So they have to double back on themselves, thus using more emissions

International

this is not banning the car, it is stopping people from using a rat-run through a housing estate, which is already not allowed, just it will be enforced more effectively.
    Not on its own, but it's another cog in the wheel of banning the car, along with the road closures, bus lanes, bike lanes, parking permits, and quick switch to £40K plus electric cars. It's coming they are trying to ban the car or at least make it very expensive.

International

So they have to double back on themselves, thus using more emissions
    Exactly, makes no sense, just about power and seeing what they can get away with.

International

Why stop someone driving through a road to get to the other side quicker?

International

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    My mate lives on this route , so can I visit him without any fine or do I need to apply for a permit ?
    If you go back out the same way apparently it's all nonsense and will grow to close all the roads in Cardiff.

It wasn't long ago they cut the City in half closing the castle road for no reason?

Then you can't drive 5 miles to go to an outdoor beach, stay indoors, it's all power-grabbing nonsense.

Why stop someone driving through a road to get to the other side quicker?
    because housing estates are not intended to be through roads, for very good reasons! the people living there will be able to go through there to exit whichever side is more convenient, but it will stop people going through there during rush hour to cut through

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed. A decision like this is unlikely to have been implemented without complaints from local residents. Often 20mph zones are as a result of local people campaigning or due to a high number of accidents. While we can moan from a driver's perspective, we sometimes need to look at things from resident's point of view as well.

I would imagine that the amount of traffic using this street as a short cut is causing problems. I doubt many of us would like to live on a small street that is ridiculously busy at times because some drivers want to make a short cut. Drivers in a hurry going down roads like that isn't a great scenario.
    Oh didums did some naughty man drive on the road, which has been a cut-through for 100 years.

International

because housing estates are not intended to be through roads, for very good reasons! the people living there will be able to go through there to exit whichever side is more convenient, but it will stop people going through there during rush hour to cut through
    Why that road?

what about the other 100 million that cars drive on in the rest of the UK?

Where does it end, you can't drive down the M4 cos it will disturb the people of port talbot?

Buy a helicopter to get to town, so as not to cut through Manor Way or North Road.

International

not for through traffic, no!
    You live there, do you?

There is very little traffic cutting through this route, as it doesn’t make sense to use it as such.
    Anyone travelling to Fishguard Road, depending on where they are coming from, will already be on Caerphilly/Thornhill Road, or Fidlas Road. They would not deviate off.

This so called problem, has arisen because the Cardiff bus28/28a has been getting stuck on Fishguard Road because of “PARKED CARS”.

Stopping traffic going through will NOT solve this problem.

I myself was stuck there on a 28 bus for about 10 minutes waiting for someone to move it (the parked car)

International

Velcro plates and balaclavas are the way forward, power to the people!

There is very little traffic cutting through this route, as it doesn’t make sense to use it as such.
    Anyone travelling to Fishguard Road, depending on where they are coming from, will already be on Caerphilly/Thornhill Road, or Fidlas Road. They would not deviate off.

This so called problem, has arisen because the Cardiff bus28/28a has been getting stuck on Fishguard Road because of “PARKED CARS”.

Stopping traffic going through will NOT solve this problem.

I myself was stuck there on a 28 bus for about 10 minutes waiting for someone to move it (the parked car)
    so what's the problem

You live there, do you?
    no, not any more but I've got plenty of mates who do - I went to Coed Glas school also

so what's the problem
    Parked cars

Parked cars
    no what's the problem with preventing use of it as a rat run , if not many people are doing it?

Another aspect of it:——

Fishguard Road, is a horseshoe in shape.

Say a delivery driver from Selco, in a large lorry, enters Fishguard Road from the north entrance. Delivers his goods, but because his lorry is so big, cannot turn around.
    So he proceeds to leave by the south exit, “Flash bang wallop” camera, fine, messing about with appealing.

It’s not been thought out

no what's the problem with preventing use of it as a rat run , if not many people are doing it?

It’s creating problems not solving them

Another aspect of it:——

Fishguard Road, is a horseshoe in shape.

Say a delivery driver from Selco, in a large lorry, enters Fishguard Road from the north entrance. Delivers his goods, but because his lorry is so big, cannot turn around.
    So he proceeds to leave by the south exit, “Flash bang wallop” camera, fine, messing about with appealing.

It’s not been thought out
    because it is a horseshoe in shape he doesn't need to turn around, he can just follow the horseshoe around back to ty glas road. You haven't thought that through have you?

Potentially a good idea. A lot of people using side streets as a rat run.