+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tan has sold the Belguim club

International

Tan has sold the Belguim club

According to this, how will that affect us?

https://www.insideworldfootball.com/...k-vincent-tan/

US investor Maciek Kaminski buys Belgium’s KV Kortrijk from Vincent Tan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65903427

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan has confirmed he is selling Belgian club KV Kortrijk.

The Malaysian billionaire paid around £5m to buy the West Flanders-based Belgian Pro League side in 2015.

Tan is now selling his shares to the Kaminski Group, led by American-Polish businessman Maciek Kaminski.

"I wish Maciek Kaminski and his family all the best. Mr Kaminski is a good owner for the club, who already has experience in football," said Tan.

"I think he will take the club to an even greater height. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the fans, staff and the city for their support during my time here."

Cardiff chief executive Ken Choo, who had been working as Kortrijk's managing director, will also leave the club along with Tan.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wh...r-vincent-tan/

Re: Tan has sold the Belguim club

Well, we won't be able to use them to get around the embargo now. Not that we were going to anyway. On the other hand, now Tan is flush maybe he'll spend a few quid. Can we pay loan fees?

Kortrijk started training for the new season without a proper coach, chairman and CEO, and unease about the ownership situation around the club

Sounds familiar

Now that Tann has sold KV Kortijk he just may consider using that money to pay off the remaining money owed to Nantes so as to lift the transfer embargo imposed by the EFL and possibily even injecting a few bob into the kitty to purchase a couple of players for the forth coming season?

How will anyone on here know how this will affect us? You should have asked “ can all those on here who like to speculate about the slightest titbit, fire away please ?”

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Now that Tann has sold KV Kortijk he just may consider using that money to pay off the remaining money owed to Nantes so as to lift the transfer embargo imposed by the EFL and possibily even injecting a few bob into the kitty to purchase a couple of players for the forth coming season?
    paying off all the money to Nantes won't lift the transfer embargo by my understanding

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Well, we won't be able to use them to get around the embargo now. Not that we were going to anyway. On the other hand, now Tan is flush maybe he'll spend a few quid. Can we pay loan fees?
    In a word, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    paying off all the money to Nantes won't lift the transfer embargo by my understanding
    Think you're right. It's for paying the 1st instalment late.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    This is my understanding too. Although, one would imagine paying off the transfer could help. Maybe by appeal? Who knows?

He still owns Serbian club FK Sarajevo doesn't he? Wonder what his plans for them are.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    He still owns Serbian club FK Sarajevo doesn't he? Wonder what his plans for them are.
    Move them to Bosnia where they may be more popular?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This is my understanding too. Although, one would imagine paying off the transfer could help. Maybe by appeal? Who knows?
    The embargo is a punishment, no matter what the club do it will not be reversed. It's like not speeding again and hoping to have points removed.

The worry is we don't pay the next instalment on time and have an even more severe penalty imposed.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Wouldn't put it past him!

If he paid £5m for them 8 years ago, how much are they worth now? They can’t have increased much in value, if at all.....can they?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If he paid £5m for them 8 years ago, how much are they worth now? They can’t have increased much in value, if at all.....can they?
    Just read it’s for €17.5m, not a bad return but not sure what he’s laid out in 8 years.

This sale could be quite significant. Frees up cash for Tan to hopefully support City. Not necessarily by paying fees, which we can't, but paying big wages for good quality frees. Might also give him some wriggle room if another instalment is asked for by Nantes.

Ken Choo might just be able to spend a few more hours at CCS now.

I thought I read on here Burnley were buying his club with £1.7 player incentives

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    currently in Bosnia, so very topical.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another few years of court cases for Tan?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sorry but that's hilarious

Cowboy stuff

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    The embargo is a punishment, no matter what the club do it will not be reversed. It's like not speeding again and hoping to have points removed.

The worry is we don't pay the next instalment on time and have an even more severe penalty imposed.
    I can see a points deduction looming this year

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I can see a points deduction looming this year
    For what?