+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boris Party gate.....he's as bent as a 7 pound note

Boris Party gate.....he's as bent as a 7 pound note

But even after the report today that nails him , he and his acolytes are trying to deny it all

That Ester Mcvey needs shooting

Re: Boris Party gate.....he's as bent as a 7 pound note

I am sure Sludge that you absolutely did not have a few quiet beers with friends...male or female, during those times.....

just when you think he can't go down any further in your estimation, it emerges that he tried to get a seat in the house of lords for his Dad, and also for a blonde woman in her 20s who has worked as a junior assistant for about 18 months, a 30 year old guy to get a life peerage because he's a mate of his wife and also for Nadine Dorries.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I am sure Sludge that you absolutely did not have a few quiet beers with friends...male or female, during those times.....
    Spliffs on his own, he doesn't have any.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    But even after the report today that nails him , he and his acolytes are trying to deny it all

That Ester Mcvey needs shooting
    Old news not still on about that are we, it's been done to death he's gone, Rishi is quietly getting on doing a much better job, without all the headlines.

Boris is old news move on!

More than half the UK population broke one rule or another, they were pathetic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Old news not still on about that are we, it's been done to death he's gone, Rishi is quietly getting on doing a much better job, without all the headlines.

More than half the UK population broke one rule or another, they were pathetic anyway.
    the guy has a fundamental inability to tell the truth. You cannot have someone like that as a leader

First tick on the Boris bingo ticket

I'm not sure whether sludge did or didnt break the rules, i'm certain he didn't make them though

The most incredible thing though is that grown people will still vote for these chancers even though they're being shafted by them. Mass brainwashing.

How do you know that? And it's a bit much to call half the population "pathetic" Shirley?

I wasn't running the country and I don't drink

You are doing exactly what the tory fans of Boris are doing ......oh it doesn't matter , everyone breaks the rules etc etc

Please don't tell me you have a postal vote over here , no wonder the country is going to the dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The most incredible thing though is that grown people will still vote for these chancers even though they're being shafted by them. Mass brainwashing.
    People say in Wales we will vote for a donkey in a red rosette

Have a look in the mirror tory boys

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    just when you think he can't go down any further in your estimation, it emerges that he tried to get a seat in the house of lords for his Dad, and also for a blonde woman in her 20s who has worked as a junior assistant for about 18 months, a 30 year old guy to get a life peerage because he's a mate of his wife and also for Nadine Dorries.
    Nadine Dorries

She needs shooting too

Nadine Dorries

She needs shooting too
    You can see the only reason she went into politics was to help people...I feel huge respect for her that she was never interested in personal ennoblement 😭

As usual you miss the point entirely.

This government set the rules. This government enforced the rules. Whether they were pathetic is utterly irrelevant. They were set. People couldn't visit dying loved ones. In many cases it wasn't just a case of having a quick beer with someone else. I know of someone whose father had days left to live but couldn't visit him in hospital on his birthday, which ended up being his penultimate day alive. These were situations that the public could do nothing about other than comply.

As far as I'm concerned, whoever sets the rules sticks to them. I couldn't care less who that is, what party that comes from etc. We had a government who set rules for people to follow yet broke them themselves time and time again. We also had politicians from other parties who did the same. Equally disgusting regard for the population.

Perhaps you think that's acceptable. I don't. I reckon the only time I broke any Covid restrictions was to give my cousin a hug at her brother's funeral when she was in pieces. I never invited anyone round and never went inside anyone else's house until restrictions allowed.

International

How do you know that? And it's a bit much to call half the population "pathetic" Shirley?
    It was on the news at the time, they did a special program like a panorama or something at the time.

International

People say in Wales we will vote for a donkey in a red rosette

Have a look in the mirror tory boys
    A donkey would make more logical decisions, it picks the right carrot 50% of the time, and that plonker gets every single one wrong.

As odious as I find this situation i'd still vote for the party that directly benefits me more.

Finally labour are starting to move more and more to the middle but it was a case of holding your nose whilst voting for Tories as Labour were too busy dealing with social politics.

Boris is done for now. May as well just move on as we're infighting for nothing.

International

Nadine Dorries

She needs shooting too

Looker in her time, you would now!

Not that she would!

Useless mind, I'll give you that!

International

The rules were stupid, you broke them for a good reason, I don't blame you, common sense had to prevail.

The rules were set over harsh to stop people having full on parties, with drugs, getting pissed, getting up to all sorts, everyone knew there would be the odd rule broken, five-mile restriction in Wales as the worst of the lot, most people sensibly completely ignored it.

It's the same as 20mph only about 5% of people do it when not going through a speed camera.

You almost hit the car in front to go through, then everyone accelerates away to the next one.

Beer Korma Starmer did the same, no one really cares, they were work do's where wine or beer was added, move on, that's why I don't watch the news anymore.

International

the guy has a fundamental inability to tell the truth. You cannot have someone like that as a leader
    Agreed he was hopeless, it's much better now he's gone.

Agreed he was hopeless, it's much better now he's gone.
    what about the remaining Tories who voted him in as leader who knew exactly what he was like and what kind of person he was? how can they have any remaining credibility given what has happened since?

The rules were stupid, you broke them for a good reason, I don't blame you, common sense had to prevail.

The rules were set over harsh to stop people having full on parties, with drugs, getting pissed, getting up to all sorts, everyone knew there would be the odd rule broken, five-mile restriction in Wales as the worst of the lot, most people sensibly completely ignored it.

It's the same as 20mph only about 5% of people do it when not going through a speed camera.

You almost hit the car in front to go through, then everyone accelerates away to the next one.

Beer Korma Starmer did the same, no one really cares, they were work do's where wine or beer was added, move on, that's why I don't watch the news anymore.
    And this, my friend, is why politics is going to the dogs.

Years ago, if politicians broke the rules they set, they would have to resign and the public held a dim view of them. Nowadays, most of the public don't give a rat's arse. Why? Because it's become more and more commonplace that people don't care any more.

International

what about the remaining Tories who voted him in as leader who knew exactly what he was like and what kind of person he was? how can they have any remaining credibility given what has happened since?
    His job was to get Brexit done and break the deadlock, and obliterate Corbyn, he should have been moved on much quicker after he successfully did that job, they dropped the ball leaving him to cause so much mayhem.

He was the wrong man to deal with a pandemic that's for sure.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    And this, my friend, is why politics is going to the dogs.

Years ago, if politicians broke the rules they set, they would have to resign and the public held a dim view of them. Nowadays, most of the public don't give a rat's arse. Why? Because it's become more and more commonplace that people don't care any more.

I think there has always been an element of one rule for us and one rule for everyone else, and that the odd fib was told when it was easier to get away with it, but fully agree it's got a lot worse and you can't really believe any of them, 90% are just in it for themselves and will do or say whatever it takes to get in and keep in power.

not that I disagree with the tenet of the thread but since when does the electorate need to have credibility?