+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans' Parliament

Fans' Parliament

Had this email from the club today.
    We are looking for Season Ticket holders to attend our inaugural Fans' Parliament in a bid to further engage with our supporters.

The Fans' Parliament will meet twice a season and will be made up of a random selection of Season Ticket holders, alongside members from our official supporter groups, senior members of staff and Board members. The aim of the Fans' Parliament is to get a true and reflective insight into the supporter experience. We highly value the opinions and feedback of our supporters.

If you wish to be considered for the position, please email club@cardiffcityfc.co.uk by 12pm, Thursday, June 22nd, with the subject line 'Bluebirds FP 23/24'.

In the main body of the email, please include your:

- Name

- Fan ID

- The stand where your Season Ticket is located

Should you be successful with your expression of interest, you will be contacted by email in due course along with details of the first meeting.

Re: Fans' Parliament

yea me too.

At least they are trying.

Me too. Get rid of the Malaysian maggot for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Bit harsh I know lots want him to sell but too far

I get why they’ve limited it to season ticket holders but I think maybe expanding it to people with memberships or a purchase history could be beneficial.

About a quarter of our match day fans don’t have season tickets, it’s an opportunity to work out if there are any adjustments the club can make to convert the people that go a handful of times a season into consistent match goers.

Or perhaps after the first fans meeting a survey can be written up based on feedback and sent to the wider fan base to fill in.

It’s a positive move though, hopefully the start of many.

Uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Uncalled for.
    Apologies. I'll check with you in advance next time I post my opinion on here.

will cheese , wine , curry and beer be available ?

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    will cheese , wine , curry and beer be available ?
    ha, ha my first thought.

At least they are trying, I think a mix of season ticket holders is the right way to go about it even though I’m not one.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I get why they’ve limited it to season ticket holders but I think maybe expanding it to people with memberships or a purchase history could be beneficial.

About a quarter of our match day fans don’t have season tickets, it’s an opportunity to work out if there are any adjustments the club can make to convert the people that go a handful of times a season into consistent match goers.

Or perhaps after the first fans meeting a survey can be written up based on feedback and sent to the wider fan base to fill in.

It’s a positive move though, hopefully the start of many.
    I think that if you open it up too much, you are asking for trouble. At least restricting it to season ticket holders you can be pretty sure that those involved are actually City fans. Otherwise anyone could reply or turn up at meetings, including fans of a certain rival club down the M4.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think that if you open it up too much, you are asking for trouble. At least restricting it to season ticket holders you can be pretty sure that those involved are actually City fans. Otherwise anyone could reply or turn up at meetings, including fans of a certain rival club down the M4.
    Yes, i can just see Swansea fans doing that. Good shout.

Good point. Which is why I said about opening it to people with memberships or a CCFC purchase history

The club already has the season ticket holders’ money and support. If the club are advised to improve X, Y and Z and ignore that advice, chances are those people will still turn up regardless.

However if a group of fair weather fans suggest that improving X, Y and Z will encourage them to attend more games or purchase a season ticket, the club is more incentivised to accommodate those requests.

Or fans that used to have season tickets and no longer do. I think it’s important for the club to know why did they give them up and what would encourage them to return.

I mean on the badge, by the way.

I mean on the badge, by the way.
    Would have thought that was bleeding obvious, but, apparently, not.

Good idea by the club, I have some sympathy already for whoever gets to chair the meeting mind.

This meeting with fans was mentioned by Dalman at the meeting with Fans Group Representatives on 30 April.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...-Mehmet-Dalman

The note of the meeting prepared by the Trust refers to the issue of a "disconnect" between fans and Vincent Tan and the Board. So, fair play to Dalman, he is acting upon the issue of communication.

Whilst these meetings, I'm sure, will be a good thing they may only bridge a "disconnect" between Mehmet Dalman and the board but not necessarily with the ultimate decision maker. I think Vincent Tan has been in the UK twice, to my knowledge, in the last 6 months or so. He was over for the Coronation but we didn't hear from him and he was over last Autumn when he only met the press.

I was trying to think when the last time Vincent Tan met Supporters Groups. He certainly did in February 2016 when he stated his commitment to converting all his debt to equity in 5 years but has he held a similar meeting since ? I can't remember, perhaps somene else can. Anyway, Vincent Tan putting in an appearance at sometime might help heal the disconnect.

Feck I thought it was a caterpillar

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    This meeting with fans was mentioned by Dalman at the meeting with Fans Group Representatives on 30 April.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...-Mehmet-Dalman

The note of the meeting prepared by the Trust refers to the issue of a "disconnect" between fans and Vincent Tan and the Board. So, fair play to Dalman, he is acting upon the issue of communication.

Whilst these meetings, I'm sure, will be a good thing they may only bridge a "disconnect" between Mehmet Dalman and the board but not necessarily with the ultimate decision maker. I think Vincent Tan has been in the UK twice, to my knowledge, in the last 6 months or so. He was over for the Coronation but we didn't hear from him and he was over last Autumn when he only met the press.

I was trying to think when the last time Vincent Tan met Supporters Groups. He certainly did in February 2016 when he stated his commitment to converting all his debt to equity in 5 years but has he held a similar meeting since ? I can't remember, perhaps somene else can. Anyway, Vincent Tan putting in an appearance at sometime might help heal the disconnect.
    Doesn’t seem to have had an adverse effect in Man City’s case - their owner has only watched two games in about 11 years and the fans appear to love him.

Doesn’t seem to have had an adverse effect in Man City’s case - their owner has only watched two games in about 11 years and the fans appear to love him.
    Not quite sure you're comparing like with like there.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Feck I thought it was a caterpillar
    again, this is a human being you're talking about

A step in the right direction, but communication from the club to supporters all year round needs to be better too.

So it seems but then again Man City appear to have done slightly better on the pitch than we have.

I would guess that Vincent Tan and Sheikh Mansour have one thing in common in that neither of them knows anything about football but the latter is at least prepared to employ people with football expertise to run his club which is something that Mehmet Dalman has stated is lacking here and he would welcome.

If Tan is the ultimate decision maker at CCFC including football matters then it would be good if he made himself available to answer questions from fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    A step in the right direction, but communication from the club to supporters all year round needs to be better too.
    Great start to better communication. I applied, but nothing from the club, not even an acknowledgement.

Quote Originally Posted by FabulousFarmer View Post
    Great start to better communication. I applied, but nothing from the club, not even an acknowledgement.
    Ditto

The owner has the money. Dalman does the deals. Coach picks the team.

Fans Parliament? Seriously? To do whaf? Decide what colour the hot dog stand will be What a waste of idea and people’s time.

It’s all lipstick on a pig. Window dressing. Nowt more, bro.