Thread: Fans' Parliament

Re: Fans' Parliament

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Ditto
    Ditto ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Nowt more, bro.
    "Nowt" Northern England a dialect word for nothing.
    "bro" mainly US informal, used when talking to a male friend

Just thought some translation might be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    "Nowt" Northern England a dialect word for nothing.
    "bro" mainly US informal, used when talking to a male friend

Just thought some translation might be useful.
    I don’t think bro can be classed as US informal , more like standard UK informal, especially between my peers, I’d say for at least 30 years. That said reading between the lines he has a point.

Me too. Get rid of the Malaysian maggot for a start.
    That's the spirit, I'm sure you'll go to the top of the list with this supporting statement for your application. 😂

On a serious note, I wonder if the club will look at social media to vet candidates? If so, I'm sure most of us are doomed.

I can't remember applying for my season ticket as TBG....

I can't remember applying for my season ticket as TBG....
    I bet there aren't many season ticket holders from Taunton, they could track you down.

I bet there aren't many season ticket holders from Taunton, they could track you down.
    I live in fear.

It’s a small Chinese Dragon, what’s the problem with it , is it really that much of an issue when you consider our owners heritage and how much support he puts into the club?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It’s a small Chinese Dragon, what’s the problem with it , is it really that much of an issue when you consider our owners heritage and how much support he puts into the club?
    Do any other owners have their own little logo on UK football club badges? Or is that kind of egomania exclusive to Vincent Tan?

Order, Order!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do any other owners have their own little logo on UK football club badges? Or is that kind of egomania exclusive to Vincent Tan?
    Many owners have been involved in controversial badge changes, they also use their influence in other areas through sponsorship and the like ( an historic ground such has Hillsbrough has the owners name engraved in the seating of the magnificent cantilever stand. The stand, which was upgraded for the 1966 W/C, is also a listed building )

Many traditions have been changed to reflect the owners desires.

I’m sure the badge will be changed again for the umpteenth time when he finally sells up.

Many owners have been involved in controversial badge changes, they also use their influence in other areas through sponsorship and the like ( an historic ground such has Hillsbrough has the owners name engraved in the seating of the magnificent cantilever stand. The stand, which was upgraded for the 1966 W/C, is also a listed building )

I’m sure the badge will be changed again for the umpteenth time when he finally sells up.
    Saw this, this morning. Interesting enough with some decent points.

Don't get me started, that small Chinese Dragon has feck all to do with the City of Cardiff, the football team's history and heritage, nor Welsh culture or history. Get rid of pronto and I might start buying some City merchandise again.

Splendid. But you didn’t answer my question.

Where to start. Chansiri is an unpopular owner who has made some frankly terrible decisions. He’s also not made any changes to the listed building, he’s just changed the colour of the seats. This brings SWFC sponsorship money, like he did when he set up loads of fake businesses that he owned to sponsor various parts of the ground. If Chansiri is your example, he’s not a good one.

That worm is on all our kits, has nothing to do with us and isn’t covered up when we play (like Chansiri’s name is). Traditions have been changed to reflect the owner’s desires but it doesn’t mean we have to like it and go along with it! Atletico Madrid fans have just got their owner to change their badge back because they weren’t happy, maybe they should have shut up?

Why shouldn't Newcastle have a Saudi sword incorporated into their kits and merchandise? Why shouldn't Forest have a Grecian urn or Everton have a Persian cat on their kit and full range of products?
    Why not go the whole hog - and for Palace, Arsenal, Villa, Arsenal, Burnley and Liverpool to have stars and stripes (or even a groundhog) as part of their identity.
    Because it's crass, insensitive, narcissistic and vulgar.

By the way, this is a bit of a eye-opener:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...football_clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Don't get me started, that small Chinese Dragon has feck all to do with the City of Cardiff, the football team's history and heritage, nor Welsh culture or history. Get rid of pronto and I might start buying some City merchandise again.
    The Chinese dragon doesn’t , no , but it’s a small change in detail which possibly makes it an issue with the small window of opinion on here. The badge will more than likely get changed (again) when the club gets sold on.

There is rebranding at nearly every football ground in the country and I’d take that rather than being sponsored by some gambling or alcoholic beverage company any day of the week.

If you’re that concerned put your name down at the next fans forum ,( especially TBG) ,I’m sure your comments will be taken on board.

Why shouldn't Newcastle have a Saudi sword incorporated into their kits and merchandise? Why shouldn't Forest have a Grecian urn or Everton have a Persian cat on their kit and full range of products?
    Why not go the whole hog - and for Palace, Arsenal, Villa, Arsenal, Burnley and Liverpool to have stars and stripes (or even a groundhog) as part of their identity.
    Because it's crass, insensitive, narcissistic and vulgar.

By the way, this is a bit of a eye-opener:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...football_clubs
    Newcastle have changed their away kit to Saudi Arabia colours

https://fanbanter.co.uk/newcastle-ra...bia-friendly/#

Newcastle have changed their away kit to Saudi Arabia colours

https://fanbanter.co.uk/newcastle-ra...bia-friendly/#
    That's a smart kit

I got an email today saying "

All applications received went through a random selection process and, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful in your application on this occasion."
    Did anyone here get a positive reply?

I got an email today saying "

All applications received went through a random selection process and, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful in your application on this occasion."
    Did anyone here get a positive reply?
    Indeed.