+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The leader of the western world

Re: The leader of the western world

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    What?
    Basically the vegan and veggie cafes charge 5 quid for a chocolate milkshake because they know trendy people in pontcanna will pay it to be seen there

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Basically the vegan and veggie cafes charge 5 quid for a chocolate milkshake because they know trendy people in pontcanna will pay it to be seen there
    Have you been to Cardiff market recently ? - go check out the vegan / veggie stalls and the prices.
    Do you have some sort of fetish about 'trendy people' in Pontcanna ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I got the gist. I was wondering how it had any relevance to the article

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I got the gist. I was wondering how it had any relevance to the article
    I thought it was a desperate attempt to portray Trump as 'a man of the people' and a champion of the junk food loving working class when he gave a college football team “McDonald’s, Wendy’s and Burger King with some pizza” at the White House. Not that he paid for that either.

The native hipster on script again!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I thought it was a desperate attempt to portray Trump as 'a man of the people' and a champion of the junk food loving working class when he gave a college football team “McDonald’s, Wendy’s and Burger King with some pizza” at the White House. Not that he paid for that either.

The native hipster on script again!
    seems the sneering condescending, working class scum cover everything in ketchup, is such a mainstay of the grundian it goes unnoticed , god save the queen

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    seems the sneering condescending, working class scum cover everything in ketchup, is such a mainstay of the grundian it goes unnoticed , god save the queen
    Err.... OK... The Guardian article that you responded to was not giving you a caricature of working peoples' diets and food preferences.

It was showing how Trump imposed his own cheapness and love of junk food on a visiting group of athletes.

The target was Trump not your creation of 'working class scum' as a subject of elite and 'sneering' Guardian journalists.

There is plenty wrong with the Guardian - from its Blairism to its affluent London-centric view of the world - but in this case you have just confused yourself and blown your own toes off!

At least if (as I originally thought) you were just coming in with more Trump myth-making you might have made some sense - whilst being 100% wrong. But it seems you were further off the rails than that.