Thread: Steve Morison - Sacking Unwarranted

Steve Morison - Sacking Unwarranted

Re: Steve Morison - Sacking Unwarranted

We looked OK up at West Brom who were seen as a top six side

Good point ......we clearly needed a striker

Then it all went tits up

International

Best place to start in non league lets see what he can do, it was warranted he would have taken us down.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Best place to start in non league lets see what he can do, it was warranted he would have taken us down.
    Well we don't know that he would've, not really sure how anybody could come to that conclusion when he was sacked 8 months before the season finished .... and we certainly weren't one of the 3 worst teams in the league when he was sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Well we don't know that he would've, not really sure how anybody could come to that conclusion when he was sacked 8 months before the season finished .... and we certainly weren't one of the 3 worst teams in the league when he was sacked.
    Wasn’t he sacked for an incident off the pitch?

As he says, our points per game at the end of the season were worse that his at the start. Also didn't have the benefit of extra strikers, unlucky with missed penalties, and completed a huge squad turnover to reduce wage bill. And for some reason there was a huge Lamouchi love-in..

I think his sacking was unwarranted given what had happened in 22/23, but his comments on the derby defeat in particular and south Wales in general show why he should have gone months before he did.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think his sacking was unwarranted given what had happened in 22/23, but his comments on the derby defeat in particular and south Wales in general show why he should have gone months before he did.
    I’m glad you picked up on those comments, I’d say they were very disrespectful to the fan bases of both Cardiff and Swansea, was there any need to say something like that from an ex Wales international?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’m glad you picked up on those comments, I’d say they were very disrespectful to the fan bases of both Cardiff and Swansea, was there any need to say something like that from an ex Wales international?
    He’s still talking like that nearly fifteen months after that Swansea defeat - that makes what he says even worse in my book.

He was an awful appointment, put together a shite squad and seems very arrogant.

He’s now taken a job at Hornchurch as nobody else was interested in him.
    Talk about delusions of grandeur!

International

He didn't have a clue, it takes ten games to settle down as teams start with different systems and fitness levels, just because we weren't in the bottom three after a few games doesn't mean he was quite good. Personally, I think he would have taken us down if not been sacked before.

He will lose half the players and the dressing room, he doesn't know how to man-manage and hangs them out to dry in the media, you don't last long doing that, especially when you are an apprentice with no experience and haven't earned any respect.

Maybe Vinny ‘blackballed’ him which is why other clubs wouldn’t touch him thus ending up in the 7th tier ……. It wouldn’t be the first it’s happened, ask Malky

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    Maybe Vinny ‘blackballed’ him which is why other clubs wouldn’t touch him thus ending up in the 7th tier ……. It wouldn’t be the first it’s happened, ask Malky
    I'm not sure the whole football league would value tans opinion that highly

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I'm not sure the whole football league would value tans opinion that highly
    He did a right job on Malky, all he’d have to do a leak out to other clubs asking for a reference why Morrison really left us.

His man management of Watters was disgusting, taking him off mid first half and making him sit on his own (crying) in full view of everyone was deplorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    He did a right job on Malky, all he’d have to do a leak out to other clubs asking for a reference why Morrison really left us.
    I'm not sure he'd be clever enough to do that. What he did with malky wasnt exactly on the qt

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He clearly has no professional pride as the result didn't matter to him.

I understand LOM more than I understood Morison.

He doesn’t come across well IMO.

We were playing crap, the results were crap and we were going one way.

Surely the fact he’s had to go to Hornchurch says everything.

Let’s see how he gets on there

Arrogant prick, a bit of self reflection wouldnt go amiss. Blaming everyone but himself for him not being able to get back into football at a higher level.

As for him bemoaning about people with no expefrience beating him to jobs, hes hardly mr experience himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    He was an awful appointment, put together a shite squad and seems very arrogant.

He was on a losing wicket from the start.
    His personal comments were out of order but let’s face it, Pep would not have successfully changed that squad on a budget of zero

What a bizarre interview!

Considering the piece is obviously written in a positive slant (his condition for doing it?) it makes him look awful. Does he really wonder why he cant find jobs when he makes comments like that?

I always quite liked him as i found him fascinating but theres something not right with him is there? Im just disappointed it ended so quietly here for him and we didnt get to see a full blow out!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    What a bizarre interview!

Considering the piece is obviously written in a positive slant (his condition for doing it?) it makes him look awful. Does he really wonder why he cant find jobs when he makes comments like that?

I always quite liked him as i found him fascinating but theres something not right with him is there? Im just disappointed it ended so quietly here for him and we didnt get to see a full blow out!
    I suspect that the interview was given to someone other than WalesOnline.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

I think Morison suffered with delusions of adequacy

Well rid of him. I hope the Hornchurch dressing room door is wide enough for his ego.