+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where in the world would you like to live...?

Where in the world would you like to live...?

I'm fortunate in that I live in the Dordogne, in France, in one of the most beautiful villages in France.

Where else would I like to live? My wife is from Thailand (as many here know...), and we live there for two and a half years or so....but fe in half an hour!!

My choice would be New England, with Maine not far behind. I was fortunate enough to work in Connecticut many moons ago...loved it, and have been back as a tourist a few times. Great relaxed feeling and wonderful little towns....Manchester....(with the wonderfully named "The Reluctant Panther" hotel....Woodstock....Kennebunkport.... Stowe....among many others.

Re: Where in the world would you like to live...?

Poland or west Wales

I was thinking Cuba for the people, the beaches and the rum - but the flies are a bastard and since I gave up tobacco almost 20 years ago I would be missing out on one of the island's great sells.

So Argentina, for the people, the landscape and views, the wine, the steaks, the tango and the welsh cakes!

Antigua

Iceland during the summer

I am sweating for Wales here

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Iceland during the summer

I am sweating for Wales here
    Better than Mothercare?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I was thinking Cuba for the people, the beaches and the rum - but the flies are a bastard and since I gave up tobacco almost 20 years ago I would be missing out on one of the island's great sells.

So Argentina, for the people, the landscape and views, the wine, the steaks, the tango and the welsh cakes!
    And the football atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I remember many very poor dwellings without windows when I visited Cuba about 8 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I remember many very poor dwellings without windows when I visited Cuba about 8 years ago.
    There is a lot of poverty - not surprising after 60 years of a US economic, financial and trade embargo - a blockade that for most of the time since the Cuban revolution extended to US allies and clients across the world (i.e. most of the world apart from the Soviet Union and parts of South America). But still a health service that puts the USA to shame and a vibrant internationalist culture. Great people.

If I could get over my phobia of spiders Perth Western Australia, else Prague or Poland with a winter home in the canaries

UK

Specifically South Wales

Plenty of faults of course

I live in Hay-on-Wye and I genuinely wouldn't choose to live anywhere else in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I live in Hay-on-Wye and I genuinely wouldn't choose to live anywhere else in the world.
    Too far from the coast for me and too far from Cardiff

But beautiful

Great fishing for pike on the wye

And a great choice of books to read

I was going to Hay one day on a blazing hot day. It took me ages.

I could see Hay in the distance from the Black Mountains but could also see a storm cloud starting to gather ahead.

My partner said to me ...
    "Make Hay while the sun shines."

That's another tick in the Hay-on-Wye column

But beautiful

Great fishing for pike on the wye
    Hey, why?

Byron Bay

Pontypool. Great pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I'm fortunate in that I live in the Dordogne, in France, in one of the most beautiful villages in France.

Where else would I like to live? My wife is from Thailand (as many here know...), and we live there for two and a half years or so....but fe in half an hour!!

My choice would be New England, with Maine not far behind. I was fortunate enough to work in Connecticut many moons ago...loved it, and have been back as a tourist a few times. Great relaxed feeling and wonderful little towns....Manchester....(with the wonderfully named "The Reluctant Panther" hotel....Woodstock....Kennebunkport.... Stowe....among many others.
    I didn't snip this as I could be cutting something relevant but what does "but fe in half an hour" mean please?