+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Do you detest all Tories?

Re: Do you detest all Tories?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    It was the way me and my neighbours voted. And you call it comedy value. You've lost the plot mate
    God bless you all

Keep The Red Flag Flying

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    God bless you all

Keep The Red Flag Flying
    Whatever.

Cheers!
    You are not from Worcester Park are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are not from Worcester Park are you ?
    No. I understand why you slag off Surrey, and the stats back it up. However, there are loads of us here that hate this regime as much as you do. Stop slagging off Surrey lol.

No. I understand why you slag off Surrey, and the stats back it up. However, there are loads of us here that hate this regime as much as you do. Stop slagging off Surrey lol.
    Of course

It does make me laugh when people say they would vote for a donkey in the valleys if it wore a red rosette

The south east of England?

At one point it was only Oxford outside of inner London that had a labour MP

Well, there isn't really a revolutionary faction here that I'm aware of But I canvass going house to house to get people on the electoral register, and the Surrey tory/stockbroker thing (whilst of course true across much of the county) makes me laugh in some of the places I go to.

Also, other Surrey things - the only person I've ever met called Tarquin was in Pembrokeshire. There is admittedly a lot of shopping at Waitrose though
    I spent a lot of my time in Guildford and I never met a Tarquin either. Unfortunately there's Tories everywhere, I'm in the midst of some of them here in Wales. The sort of people who want a leg up off other people's backs. I'm sure there's lovely people like yourself in Surrey as well as everywhere else. Good for you 👍

Did you see Question Time the other day ?

That tosspot tory MP from Plymouth

Public school , entitled , superior twat

That's why I hate them

As for the original question, detest is a strong word. I dislike a lot of Tories, but then I dislike many people right across the political spectrum and public life in general. Detest I would reserve for the likes of Francois, Bridgen, Rees-Mogg and anyone else who called themselves a 'spartan' for throwing the reputation and future prospects of this country down the pan in the name of some kind of small minded willy waving insular view of what the UK should be.

PS I don't mind some Tories. They all voted remain, funnily enough.
    And you talk about lazy generalizations.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if more Waitrose customers voted remain than Co-Op customers.

Many many working class life long Labour voters voted leave and have been harangued ever since by well to do posh and upper middle class liberals.

I hold them and their self righteousness in almost equal disdain to the likes of Rees-Mogg and his fox hunting pals.

Whatever.
    This has been altered

Is there a secret agent in the camp ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Another non contributor mixed up with whataboutery. Has your partner given all her spare Dosh to charity yet Pip?
    pips was a fair point being made. You may not like it, but that's party politics for you. It clouds the judgement of those who cannot see the failings in their own side.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As per the conversation in another thread. I don't, but here's some that I do detest.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/p...drink-30259972
    the real crime being committed is that jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Do you know what inflation is? Because I'm not sure you do judging by these arguments. I think this thread must have touched a nerve , probably because of all the women on online dating that say 'no tories'.

Another example, being against increasing NHS wages in line with inflation which is causing hoards of staff to leave. Oh by coincidence this helps with privatising the NHS more.

Don't bullshit me saying we can't afford it, we can afford corruption on mass, tax cuts for the wealthy, brexit and gifts for tory donors but not decent wages for public sector staff? I guess they can pay for their rent in claps.

James, you support and defend the worst most corrupt government in the lifetime of any user on this forum at every opportunity. It's embarrassing.
    What kind of sophistry is this? The incumbent government has collected more in tax than any other government before it.

If you can elucidate where taxes have been cut for the rich please feel free to show us. No party dogma, just hard facts please.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The UK is trying to stop people making an illegal journey across the channel from a safe country that enriches criminal gangs. This could be seen as encouraging it. It's easy to point to stuff like this but what about the kids who's parents are losing their jobs here for example? How might those kids lives be impacted?

https://www.southwalesguardian.co.uk...sylum-seekers/

That's why I say it's a nothing story. People can get furious over a mural to stop them thinking about things like that
    Occum's razor. Why don't we just allow the immigrants into the country, get them registered and working paying taxes? Why is that not a possibility? you'd soon get rid of the criminal gangs, you'd increase the taxes being paid and we'd have a record of all that came into the UK, meaning better stats allowing better funding models.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    Occum's razor. Why don't we just allow the immigrants into the country, get them registered and working paying taxes? Why is that not a possibility? you'd soon get rid of the criminal gangs, you'd increase the taxes being paid and we'd have a record of all that came into the UK, meaning better stats allowing better funding models.
    Do you think doing that would be the end of the small boats problem ? or do you think you would have the same problem 12 months later ?

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Do you think doing that would be the end of the small boats problem ? or do you think you would have the same problem 12 months later ?
    If immigrants can just walk up and knock on the door, why would they go to the danger and expense of crossing on a boat ?

What kind of sophistry is this? The incumbent government has collected more in tax than any other government before it.

If you can elucidate where taxes have been cut for the rich please feel free to show us. No party dogma, just hard facts please.
    Google is your friend, took 2 minutes.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b00c3e60713020

https://novia-iq.co.uk/tax/capital-g...consideration/ (the graph under allowances and rates shows that compared to inflation capital gains tax has been cut significantly. It should be around £14,500 now if it had followed it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Google is your friend, took 2 minutes.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b00c3e60713020

https://novia-iq.co.uk/tax/capital-g...consideration/ (the graph under allowances and rates shows that compared to inflation capital gains tax has been cut significantly. It should be around £14,500 now if it had followed it.)
    ???

The CGT allowance has fallen, and CGT rates have risen.

Generally, the rich don't invest in pension funds as the returns just aren't that impressive.

This is how to deal with them

https://youtu.be/ZX194qxx1j0

Lamont your eyebrows are weird !

Maybe. But for a very short time until the markets intervened, there was a budget pitched at £45b of tax cuts predominantly for the most wealthy that resulted in about the same amount of debt for the people of this country. Who got the £45b is anyone's guess I suppose but probably not people on Universal Credit!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I spent a lot of my time in Guildford and I never met a Tarquin either. Unfortunately there's Tories everywhere, I'm in the midst of some of them here in Wales. The sort of people who want a leg up off other people's backs. I'm sure there's lovely people like yourself in Surrey as well as everywhere else. Good for you ��
    They sound like a bunch of contortionists.....

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Maybe. But for a very short time until the markets intervened, there was a budget pitched at £45b of tax cuts predominantly for the most wealthy that resulted in about the same amount of debt for the people of this country. Who got the £45b is anyone's guess I suppose but probably not people on Universal Credit!
    the main thrust of Kwarteng's budget was reducing NICs, followed by keeping corp tax rates at 19% rather than (the now) 25%, as well as reducing the top rate of income tax from 45% to 40%. The latter is the only real aspect of the budget that favours those earning more than £150k per annum. The government should have allowed the OBR to prepare a forecast prior to the mini budget release. They paid the price for it.