+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New kit 23/24

Re: New kit 23/24

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Since 2011 the #CardiffCity shirt sponsor has been Visit Malaysia, reportedly worth £3m a year, though this was rebranded as Malaysia Berjaya from the 2020/21 season. The long-term kit supplier deal with Adidas is due to expire in 2022.

https://twitter.com/swissramble/stat...LhmySD2aRt-GNg
    I guess that 2020/21 we were in the midst of lockdowns and travel restrictions , so the Malaysian tourist board probably didn't think it was worthwhile spending the money to advertise, so we switched to beraja. now people can travel again I wonder if they've started paying again

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Yeah. Would love the badge to change but that's never going to happen with Tan in charge.
    Besides the Malaysian maggot on the badge the shade of blue is nowhere near a match for the colour of the kit. It's very poor marketing, something we are used to under this regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I guess that 2020/21 we were in the midst of lockdowns and travel restrictions , so the Malaysian tourist board probably didn't think it was worthwhile spending the money to advertise, so we switched to beraja. now people can travel again I wonder if they've started paying again
    I can’t imagine any shirt sponsorship being free and £3m is about the normal level for championship clubs

I can’t imagine any shirt sponsorship being free and £3m is about the normal level for championship clubs
    The £3m a season ended in 2014 -

'The Malaysian government did not continue its sponsorship in following seasons but Vincent Tan and his fellow Malaysian, the Sultan of Johor, have kept the logo.'

https://www.business-live.co.uk/opin...eadmore-target

Not a fan. I thought the screen on my laptop was on the blink. Guess we were due a stinker of a home kit eventually. At least it's blue.

It’s not the shirt you have to worry about, it’s the team that’s going to be wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The £3m a season ended in 2014 -

'The Malaysian government did not continue its sponsorship in following seasons but Vincent Tan and his fellow Malaysian, the Sultan of Johor, have kept the logo.'

https://www.business-live.co.uk/opin...eadmore-target
    Not according to the statement of financial position from Swiss Ramble

Not according to the statement of financial position from Swiss Ramble
    Maybe Swiss Ramble should get BBC Verify to check their sources, rather than just saying 'reportedly'.
    I read years ago that the tourist board were no longer paying for the logo, and that VT was just wanted the space for his own enterprises.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Not even that it’s blue?
    I'm not fussed on the pattern on the front, I'd rather it was just blue like the shoulder/arms

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Maybe Swiss Ramble should get BBC Verify to check their sources, rather than just saying 'reportedly'.
    I read years ago that the tourist board were no longer paying for the logo, and that VT was just wanted the space for his own enterprises.
    Sponsorship , advertising and other commercial income for 2022 was £4.39m out of £20m turnover

Sponsorship , advertising and other commercial income for 2022 was £4.39m out of £20m turnover
    Is there a breakdown of that figure? The club has many sponsors and other income streams that would be included in that figure.

It could have been worse (I actually quite like the new kit).

This from Southampton today is a bit

Can't make up my mind, to be honest. It looks like whoever was making the decision ticked the 'use all options' box by mistake.
    Collar - tick
    Contrasting colour collar - tick
    Button collar - tick
    Shoulder stripe - tick
    White side panels - tick
    Geometric design - tick
    Etc, etc.

Still, it's blue and it looks okay - AND from what I can gather, it has a proper embroidered badge, instead of one of those stick-on transfer things. The away version is on the club website, and that looks quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Can't make up my mind, to be honest. It looks like whoever was making the decision ticked the 'use all options' box by mistake.
    Collar - tick
    Contrasting colour collar - tick
    Button collar - tick
    Shoulder stripe - tick
    White side panels - tick
    Geometric design - tick
    Etc, etc.

Still, it's blue and it looks okay - AND from what I can gather, it has a proper embroidered badge, instead of one of those stick-on transfer things. The away version is on the club website, and that looks quite good.
    I thought that greyish/mauve number was the keepers kit

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It could have been worse (I actually quite like the new kit).

This from Southampton today is a bit

This is a throwback from the 80s/90s isn’t it? The sponsor doesn’t do it any favors mind, the red on red looks crap.

Who gives a rats arse in what kit we get beaten in week in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Who gives a rats arse in what kit we get beaten in week in week out.
    I have to agree.
    I have as much interest in what our kit looks like as I do how Robert Glatzel is faring in whatever league he plays in LOL

It’s ordinary. When are we going back to white shorts?

It's always a laugh this time of year when a dozen competing CCMB Fashion & Style correspondents get into a slanging match.

Punctuated by the dog-eared Nostalgia commentators and a few Whataboutery experts with their fingers on the pulse of other clubs!

No White shorts, white socks!
    We look like Colchester

Young people seem to like it. I'm guessing older or those with a fuller figure are fairly indifferent. My only preferences would be white shorts and maybe a splash of yellow

looks like the away kit may have or be mint green... ish

anyone know ?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    looks like the away kit may have or be mint green... ish

anyone know ?
    Or is it just the training kit?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Or is it just the training kit?
    ahh yeah thats what i must have spotted...

i quite like that mint green fair doos

White shorts, has to be white shorts!!