+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: TURKEY 2 - 0 WALES. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: TURKEY v WALES. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Well he's Welsh, cheap, one of the lads and was in the right place at the right time.

FAW were making some good gains but lately it's back to jobs for the boys.
    Several bad mistakes at the top since Jonathan Ford stepped down

Well he's Welsh, cheap, one of the lads and was in the right place at the right time.

FAW were making some good gains but lately it's back to jobs for the boys.
    Page needs to go asap. He needs to be "sacked in the morning". Get Gary O'Neil in pronto, while he is still available.

This is the sort of battling narrow defeat against a global power that gets Page an extension.
    That’s my worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    It’s not just that he’s really shit.
    He’s a snide cheating tw@.
    Him, will vaulks and NG would make the core of a really annoying 5 a side

Shit manager. End of a long season. We'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Shit manager. End of a long season. We'll be back.
    Page is undoing the great work done by Speed and Cookie at a great rate of knots. I can only seeing it being downhill all the way with him in charge

Is Ramsey still on ?

I wouldn't hurry to sign him

Page has to go. We haven’t played well since Austria in the WC play offs. The performances in the WC were dire and now this. Think we will finish fourth.
    We are so poor defensively down the flanks. Page isn’t good enough.

Surely has to be Osian Roberts in after this

That is shit defending. Roberts didn't do enough to stop the cross, both central defenders are ball watching, nether of them aware that they've been split. get touch tight.

On a lighter note, the Turkish manager is Kuntz, the subject of the famous John Motson Gaffe.

Page has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    On a lighter note, the Turkish manager is Kuntz, the subject of the famous John Motson Gaffe.
    https://youtu.be/9VCJVZ2I9zY

This is utter garbage.

Page is contracted until 2026!!!

You could convince me that Mepham and Rodon are league 2 defenders, you'd never guess they had 40 games between them in the Prem and League 1 this season. Maybe the partnership just doesn't work in a back 4 but what a load of absolute dross the last few games.

Also is there any reason not to cap Luke Harris right now? The kid who actually has massive potential and can play for any of the 4 hme nations? Page is an absolutely dire manager.

We can’t afford to be down to ten players. Why on earth did Page pick Morrell to start after being so badly at fault v Armenia?
    Why take off Johnson v Armenia?
    Why take Johnson and James off tonight when they were the players with pace who could at least relieve a bit of pressure.
    Page has learnt nothing from Armenia with once again the weakness down our flanks costing us dear.

A disastrous few days and a reality check.

Not a fan of Page but he cannot carry the can for a player who goes in studs facing, not helped with players incapable of passing to each other, players static offering no out ball it's just poor from back to front, these are the players we have and not sure a different manager could get much more out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Not a fan of Page but he cannot carry the can for a player who goes in studs facing, not helped with players incapable of passing to each other, players static offering no out ball it's just poor from back to front, these are the players we have and not sure a different manager could get much more out of them.
    Yup, there's not a great deal of quality in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    The players are not great, but they're not terrible either. They all play at a high level. Something we couldn't always boast. I think a decent tactician and game manager could get more out of them. This team was quite capable of picking up 4 points over these last two games if they played to a better game plan. The defensive organisation has been ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The players are not great, but they're not terrible either. They all play at a high level. Something we couldn't always boast. I think a decent tactician and game manager could get more out of them. This team was quite capable of picking up 4 points over these last two games if they played to a better game plan. The defensive organisation has been ridiculous.
    I agree, the golden era has come to an end and we need to get used to a return to what supporting Wales used to be like, but even in the bad old days, losing 4-2 at home to Armenia would have been a very poor result. Yet, I don’t think the current group of players are as bad as they’ve looked in the last two games, the manager is not getting the best out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, the golden era has come to an end and we need to get used to a return to what supporting Wales used to be like, but even in the bad old days, losing 4-2 at home to Armenia would have been a very poor result. Yet, I don’t think the current group of players are as bad as they’ve looked in the last two games, the manager is not getting the best out of them.
    Tonight could easily have been 5 and Turkey weren't that good.

Page has to go and someone needs to come in to rebuild things from the youth up again, like Toshack and Flynny did.

Agree, I’m sure we could get better performances out of this group of players with more direction and tactical management. If I’m reading correctly that we have a very good opportunity of getting a 2nd chance in the playoffs through our Nations league A ranking then they need to replace Page now and give the new manager the remaining 4 qualifying games to introduce his ideas so we’re ready for those play offs

We overperformed hugely courtesy of Bale and we are simply returning to the status quo given our very limited resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We overperformed hugely courtesy of Bale and we are simply returning to the status quo given our very limited resources.
    Deservedly losing 4-2 at home to Armenia would have been a shocking result in any era of Welsh football.