Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
The Wednesday owner has publicly stated that the schism was caused by Moore's pay demands.
Whether that is true is another matter, but if this happened, was there a colour dimension to why he and Wednesday parted company?

"... Chansiri shared an open letter on the club’s official site that countered Moore’s comments.

That included going into detail on the demands Moore had, one of which was to be the highest-paid person at the club, as he wanted a contract that was worth around £23,000 a week.

“Darren said he believed he should earn more than the highest paid player, but this is not necessarily correct in football. The proposal was a minimum of around £1.2m per year on a three-year contract.

“He also wanted an increased amount if we signed a player on a higher salary than himself and a 10% increase year on year, then a 100% increase if we achieved promotion to the Premier League."
Two sides

Moore has now broken his silence on Chansiri's claims and lengthy statement, insisting that he didn't leave because of money. Speaking to Sky Sports, Moore said: "I'm clear on record saying irrespective of what division the club was in our targets were set in mind. When we had the meeting, the vision set at that timescale was just a little bit out of line.

"Amicably we came to an agreement at the time and decided it wasn't right. The decision was made for me to step away and the club to continue.

"That's why, a lot of noise was made at the time, but I never said anything because my emphasis was to allow Sheffield Wednesday to continue and move forward and allow the chairman to bring in a manager of his choice that he felt would take the club forwards. I've got no grievance with that decision.

"It was a private conversation between me and him. I know there was a lot said about the salary - but it was never about the money side of it. It was purely and strictly about the football."

Moore insists he has no issue with the club and wants the best for them this season and in the future, stressing his belief that he thinks he could have led the club to a promotion to the Premier League if he had stayed this season.