Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
That is your opinion and I respectfully disagree. Sub concious racism is rife in football. Plenty of concious racism too. Darren Moore himself was racially abused by his own "fans" after the first leg v Peterborough.
I tend to agree with you. I think it's a societal problem, or certainly a problem within high end, high pressure managerial rolls. Black footballers had to work hard for acceptance during the 60s 70s and 80s, that obstacle has almost been eradicated, although there are still plenty of racists out there.

There was a thought amongst racists that Black players back then weren't up for a cold Tuesday night in Stoke, that they were Lazy. Nathan Blake was called Lazy by some of our support, even though he was by far our best player, I can't recall Whittington being called Lazy in the same way Blake was, both similar in terms of natural ability.

The next Hurdle for Black footballers (in my opinion) is to break this thought that I believe exists, that they can't perform in high level managerial rolls, in the same way that they weren't considered of value by some people in football when things got tough.

What is the percentage of Black players at the highest level of football? Yet They don't seem to make that step into Management. Why is that? If Frank Lampard was black then I'm certain that he wouldn't have got the opportunities that he has, and he'll get another one. Just my thoughts.