+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Gascoigne on TV

First Team

Paul Gascoigne on TV

He really looks in a bad way.
    Love or loathe him he was an immensely talented footballer but now he looked as if walking a few steps was beyond him.

Re: Paul Gascoigne on TV

I’m surprised he’s still alive, poor guy.

Best midfielder of my generation

Daft as a brush though

A brilliant player who has never really grown up. Still sad though, if he’s in such a poor state.

Genius on the pitch, off it so different.
    So sad.

The media really did a number on him. Chewed him up and spat him out.

I've got to stop agreeing with you, people might talk! A very vulnerable person with obvious mental health problems from an early age.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The media really did a number on him. Chewed him up and spat him out.
    He did most of it to himself

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    He really looks in a bad way.
    Love or loathe him he was an immensely talented footballer but now he looked as if walking a few steps was beyond him.
    Along with Marco Van Basten, my favourite two players growing up in my teenage years. Possibly the last professional player to have a real personality. Funny. Playful. Jack the lad. Just before the boring PR industry and media relations bores got hold of the players.

Such was my love for Gazza that one evening, he caused my Mrs to not speak to me for three days.

One evening, I was on the job and deep inside my 17 year old girlfriend whilst her parents were both snoring next door. Well I had been at it for over an hour (I loved the longies back then!) and was at the vinegar strokes and point of no return when the footie programme was doing a re-run of one of Gazza’s goals.

I pulled out and she said “What are you doing? Why have you stopped?” and I said “Just give me a minute one of Gazza’s goals is on”. She slapped me and said “Get the f off me” and didn’t speak to me until the following Tuesday. Pontyclun girl. Lovely girl but occasionally hot headed.

I wish I could tell Gazza that. I reckon he’s giggle. Top man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've got to stop agreeing with you, people might talk! A very vulnerable person with obvious mental health problems from an early age.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    He did most of it to himself
    Get in the stingies

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Along with Marco Van Basten, my favourite two players growing up in my teenage years. Possibly the last professional player to have a real personality. Funny. Playful. Jack the lad. Just before the boring PR industry and media relations bores got hold of the players.

Such was my love for Gazza that one evening, he caused my Mrs to not speak to me for three days.

One evening, I was on the job and deep inside my 17 year old girlfriend whilst her parents were both snoring next door. Well I had been at it for over an hour (I loved the longies back then!) and was at the vinegar strokes and point of no return when the footie programme was doing a re-run of one of Gazza’s goals.

I pulled out and she said “What are you doing? Why have you stopped?” and I said “Just give me a minute one of Gazza’s goals is on”. She slapped me and said “Get the f off me” and didn’t speak to me until the following Tuesday. Pontyclun girl. Lovely girl but occasionally hot headed.

I wish I could tell Gazza that. I reckon he’s giggle. Top man.
    I reckon he'd think you were weird as ****. Who the hell pulls out of a bird to watch something on TV? Aliens could be landing and I'd finish what I started.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I reckon he'd think you were weird as ****. Who the hell pulls out of a bird to watch something on TV? Aliens could be landing and I'd finish what I started.
    "deep inside"
    "at it for over an hour"

I think his little anecdote was more about himself than it was about Paul Gascoigne!