+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you’ve stretched yourself on your mortgage you’re naffed

Re: If you’ve stretched yourself on your mortgage you’re naffed

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Its a Welsh thing the triple council tax?

People will holiday in Torquay instead of Tenby, how is that good for the Welsh economy, as it depends on tourism.

Let's ban the English during covid and make them feel unwelcome let's triple the Council tax and make holiday letting a flat more expensive, let's bring in a tourism tax.

What do you think will happen when he successfully kills off tourism in Pembroke, what will be left for the community?

But the kids will be able to buy a house in the local community, oh bugger no they won't because they won't have a job!
    They won’t be told…..everything will be just fine meanwhile I’ll take my info off the people I personally know who run business out west rather than the clueless on here

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Well my let is quite this year, my neighbour down there runs 10 lets, never known it so quiet she says, my cleaner looks after 35 says a lot haven’t even filled the 6 weeks school holidays and she’s having to let staff go. Whadda we know tho eh? I’m sure the caravan parks owned by the big multis will be ok….
    I'm down in West Wales now. We had a rental place in Ceredigion last week and are in a place in Pembs this week. We come down here a lot and hadn't noticed any particular rental price hikes this year. Despite the great weather it has seemed quiet though - we put that down to it still being still slightly out of season. Interesting to hear that bookings are down for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well you can blame your precious Tories for that. Lost control of the economy and inflation, rising interest rates every other week, people can’t afford to have as many holidays or little breaks away that they once had.

I’m sure you were all happy with the covid help all you holiday letters got from the government though. I know people who barely rented out their private holiday home “holiday lets” getting £10k handouts.

Long term renters in Merthyr being kicked out so their houses can be let out as air BnB for the bike park. Rent going far beyond what people can afford as a result. Hopefully the triple council tax will be introduced in Merthyr next.

It’s about time the shoe was on the other foot. Greedy Landlords and holiday letters have had it too good for too long.
    Minimum wage needs to be tied to rental/housing costs, let the bosses go to war with the landlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    I'm down in West Wales now. We had a rental place in Ceredigion last week and are in a place in Pembs this week. We come down here a lot and hadn't noticed any particular rental price hikes this year. Despite the great weather it has seemed quiet though - we put that down to it still being still slightly out of season. Interesting to hear that bookings are down for the summer.
    Quite a few raised prices post covid boom (greedy Tories eh?) I didn’t, plus I’ve had 15 yrs of doing it so quite a few repeats. Still, I’m done with it. Sold up going through in a few months. 95% of our bookings come from England.

I thought, following the pandemic, more people were going back to holidaying abroad this year after a few years of staying in this country?

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I thought, following the pandemic, more people were going back to holidaying abroad this year after a few years of staying in this country?
    Another reason not to triple the bills is to make Welsh tourism cheaper and stop them from spending their money in Turkey and Spain.

They are which is one of the main reasons staycations are quiet…..people are dropping their prices or minimum stay to try and get people in to meet Drakefords ridiculous 182 days but it’s not working for many so they are selling up.
    You won’t notice it in the always busy places like Tenby and Saunderfoot either plenty of posh Tories there to keep the economy going strong

Its a Welsh thing the triple council tax?

People will holiday in Torquay instead of Tenby, how is that good for the Welsh economy, as it depends on tourism.

Let's ban the English during covid and make them feel unwelcome let's triple the Council tax and make holiday letting a flat more expensive, let's bring in a tourism tax.

What do you think will happen when he successfully kills off tourism in Pembroke, what will be left for the community?

But the kids will be able to buy a house in the local community, oh bugger no they won't because they won't have a job!
    Lay off the gear Feedy and stop being so dramatic.

Lay off the gear Feedy and stop being so dramatic.
    He's not Feedy, he's not that bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    He's not Feedy, he's not that bright.
    Its Feedy

They are which is one of the main reasons staycations are quiet…..people are dropping their prices or minimum stay to try and get people in to meet Drakefords ridiculous 182 days but it’s not working for many so they are selling up.
    You won’t notice it in the always busy places like Tenby and Saunderfoot either plenty of posh Tories there to keep the economy going strong
    Problem with dropping prices/ minimum stays as you will know is the cost of the cleaning/ changeovers makes this prohibitive to do so. People seem to be booking later this year according to a number of contacts in the holiday let business. 182 days is a stupid, and mostly unattainable, figure.

Another reason not to triple the bills is to make Welsh tourism cheaper and stop them from spending their money in Turkey and Spain.
    The Tourist Tax means an extra 3-4000 a year for letters. Spread across say 30 weeks of letting thats £100-130 a week, or £15-20 a night which they can pass on to the holiday makers if they choose, or they may choose to swallow some of the cost themsleves from the huge profits they have been making. I highly doubt thats going to mean somone who normally holidays in this country is goping to fly abroad to Turkey or Spain for a holiday instead, especially when foreign holidays are now crazy money and out of reach for many.

Tourist Tax isnt exclusive to Wales ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Problem with dropping prices/ minimum stays as you will know is the cost of the cleaning/ changeovers makes this prohibitive to do so. People seem to be booking later this year according to a number of contacts in the holiday let business. 182 days is a stupid, and mostly unattainable, figure.
    Yep a clean is about 100, laundry 50 so that’s base. Gas electric ( I not on mains gas) can reduce that even more if it’s not warm. You won’t make much unless you’re over 200 a night but at least they are getting the nights in and closer to 182. I was minimum 4

Still crazy money for a holiday abroad so cant see staycations dropping off a cliff any time soon

Its Feedy
    Then he's dumbing down to curry favour I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Then he's dumbing down to curry favour I reckon.
    Too much marching powder has numbed his brain.

Ha ha, yes I forgot about that

HiVis is definitely Feedy

Yep a clean is about 100, laundry 50 so that’s base. Gas electric ( I not on mains gas) can reduce that even more if it’s not warm. You won’t make much unless you’re over 200 a night but at least they are getting the nights in and closer to 182. I was minimum 4
    Gas/ electric has been horrendous up until the last month or so after coming off a fix. We are minimum 7 nights where possible but do take shorter down to 3 out of main season.

The Tourist Tax means an extra 3-4000 a year for letters. Spread across say 30 weeks of letting thats £100-130 a week, or £15-20 a night which they can pass on to the holiday makers if they choose, or they may choose to swallow some of the cost themsleves from the huge profits they have been making. I highly doubt thats going to mean somone who normally holidays in this country is goping to fly abroad to Turkey or Spain for a holiday instead, especially when foreign holidays are now crazy money and out of reach for many.

Tourist Tax isnt exclusive to Wales ya know.
    No huge profits if you’re remote like me, I make more from a student let in Treforest than I do a holiday let in Pembrokeshire as it’s empty from nov to April which is half the battle…. Dont enjoy the place, the people or the ultra fussy guests anymore which is why I’ve sold up. You can take a nye booking if you want the hassle, which from experience it always is.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Gas/ electric has been horrendous up until the last month or so after coming off a fix. We are minimum 7 nights where possible but do take shorter down to 3 out of main season.
    Gas is £90 a bottle….it won’t last a week in the winter

No huge profits if you’re remote like me, I make more from a student let in Treforest than I do a holiday let in Pembrokeshire as it’s empty from nov to April which is half the battle…. Dont enjoy the place, the people or the ultra fussy guests anymore which is why I’ve sold up. You can take a nye booking if you want the hassle, which from experience it always is.
    Remote but have a pretty good company managing things, tend to bother me less than the previous company and do a better job....surprisingly at a lower %