Re: Glastonbury, bet Splottie would do a runner at these prices

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Nearly as bad as down the City
    £13 for two pints of crappy lager in plastic glasses ��
    Receptacles !!!!!!!

You cannot have “plastic glass” angry face, angry face

Thin plastic receptacles then Titty
    By the time they’ve pre- poured and you queue to collect your pre paid half time beer their flat to add insult to your wallet 🙁

Not that bad when you can take your own alcohol in. It's an event so those prices aren't really surprising, bit of a non story really.

a pint of San miguel for £6.80, its not too hefty , its Glasto and you expect to pay more than pub prices

I was on a campsite a few weekends ago down in the new forrest and a bottle of San Miguel was 6 quid, it was a small bottle aswell, a pint of Mango Cider was 8 quid ( wasnt even chilled, they just put 2 bits of ice in it , it was very refreshing though ) cocktails were 10 to 12 quid a go

Glastonbury's always got a crap line up, I wouldn't bother. Back in the day give me Donnington and Reading every time 👍

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    a ok pint of San miguel for £6.80, its not too hefty , its Glasto and you expect to pay more than pub prices

I was on a campsite a few weekends ago down in the new forrest and a bottle of San Miguel was 6 quid, it was a small bottle aswell, a pint of Mango Cider was 8 quid ( wasnt even chilled, they just put 2 bits of ice in it , it was very refreshing though ) cocktails were 10 to 12 quid a go
    But of course it doesn't make it right. Sheer exploitation because they're free to get away with it. £3 a pint is more than enough anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    But of course it doesn't make it right. Sheer exploitation because they're free to get away with it. £3 a pint is more than enough anywhere.
    yes it is, but people will pay it, so they will continue to do it

at the campsite, we took a toolbox full of beer, so avoided the prices, but the mango cider had the words ( "very nice" under the menu so we had to try it )

https://www.seacider.co.uk/fruit-flavoured-cider

I used to love the Jubel down in Cornwall, its a peach beer, they served it in Wax at Watergate bay ( if anyone is staying down that way, Give it a taste, lovely in the sun )

looked reasonable. nearly 9 quid a pint to drink in the city center here i Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Glastonbury's always got a crap line up, I wouldn't bother. Back in the day give me Donnington and Reading every time ��
    Used to love Glastonbury, not been for 20 years now. No way I could do what I used too, had some of the best times of my life spending a week there. Nothing like wandering around at 4am and stumbling on massive attack doing a random dj set or a Trojan set….looks shite these days…full of Tories or Wayne Rooneys

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    yes it is, but people will pay it, so they will continue to do it

at the campsite, we took a toolbox full of beer, so avoided the prices, but the mango cider had the words ( "very nice" under the menu so we had to try it )

https://www.seacider.co.uk/fruit-flavoured-cider

I used to love the Jubel down in Cornwall, its a peach beer, they served it in Wax at Watergate bay ( if anyone is staying down that way, Give it a taste, lovely in the sun )
    That Lilly’s mango cider is special on a sunny day, still quite hard to find, the woodville and the pen and wig sometimes have it or another flavour on tap, goes quick and it’s £6.50 a pint.

I have no idea why people go to festivals to drink alcohol

Glastonbury in particular is full of weed and space heads selling whatever you want

In my day the beer tents were empty whilst everyone else was off their cake with the munchies , scoffing veggie burgers

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have no idea why people go to festivals to drink alcohol

Glastonbury in particular is full of weed and space heads selling whatever you want

In my day the beer tents were empty whilst everyone else was off their cake with the munchies , scoffing veggie burgers
    yeah...and look what happened to them

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Running the country?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    It was like brits abroad in Glastonbury

The chilled out types smoking a spliff catching some sun ☀

The fatties from Stoke, Rochdale and Tredegar stuck in the beer tents getting rat arsed on expensive lager

Not beer related but fags. I haven't smoked for over 12 years when I think the price was just over £6 a pack. This afternoon I was at a motorway service station. The person in front ofme wanted 20 Marlboro Red - £19.99 😲. They didnt buy them. Is that the standard price these days?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Not beer related but fags. I haven't smoked for over 12 years when I think the price was just over £6 a pack. This afternoon I was at a motorway service station. The person in front ofme wanted 20 Marlboro Red - £19.99 ��. They didnt buy them. Is that the standard price these days?
    Only the rich smoke fags these days or drug dealers

It’s that time of year when I avoid the BBC (tv and radio) for two weeks because that’s all you bloody hear about. Isn’t the point of festivals to be there rather than watching/listening from home?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    It’s that time of year when I avoid the BBC (tv and radio) for two weeks because that’s all you bloody hear about. Isn’t the point of festivals to be there rather than watching/listening from home?
    I used to enjoy Glastonbury, monsters of rock and then download .......all metal festival .....when I was younger but not interested these days ......too much faffing about

The coverage of Glastonbury is OK but even watching the sets from my sofa shags me out these days and I am waiting for the end

I take it you weren't at the Harry Styles gig last night then Sludge?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I take it you weren't at the Harry Styles gig last night then Sludge?
    Not really my thing

Not enough riffing

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Receptacles !!!!!!!

You cannot have “plastic glass” angry face, angry face
    What do you call glasses with plastic lenses? What do you call plexiglass?

Glastonbury is one of the few festivals without sectioned off stage areas so whatever grog you take to your camping area, you can also drink anywhere on the site. There is no need to pay their prices at all.