+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glastonbury, bet Splottie would do a runner at these prices

First Team

Re: Glastonbury, bet Splottie would do a runner at these prices

Glastonbury, my idea of hell.
    Selective use of the BBC iplayer, clean toilets, comfy bed and no posh kids with dreadlocks who think they are Jamaican when the only Kingston they have been to is the upon Thames version.

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    a pint of San miguel for £6.80, its not too hefty , its Glasto and you expect to pay more than pub prices

I was on a campsite a few weekends ago down in the new forrest and a bottle of San Miguel was 6 quid, it was a small bottle aswell, a pint of Mango Cider was 8 quid ( wasnt even chilled, they just put 2 bits of ice in it , it was very refreshing though ) cocktails were 10 to 12 quid a go
    Cocktails why the feck do people pay £12 for some knob-to-mix spirits that are shyte which they can't sell with lemon and pink grapefruit juice or something, they are about three sips and taste terrible, the biggest con since Starbucks coffee-type prices!

IMO, Glastonbury has become the music equivalent of rugby international day in Cardiff.
    Somewhere people go to say they've ben there, don't give a shit about most of the music on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    That Lilly’s mango cider is special on a sunny day, still quite hard to find, the woodville and the pen and wig sometimes have it or another flavour on tap, goes quick and it’s £6.50 a pint.
    I live about 20 mins from Lilly's and drive past often, I like the peach and the cherry and berry ones, they have a woo woo cider now,

If you ever want me to pick up a box for you ( and you can collect from my mums in Barry ) just say

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    IMO, Glastonbury has become the music equivalent of rugby international day in Cardiff.
    Somewhere people go to say they've ben there, don't give a shit about most of the music on offer.
    I think that's the case for festivals in general. Another Instagram opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    To be honest music is just a small part of Glastonbury, in the years i went i don't think it was ever the lineup that attracted me. The music is a side show to the whole experience, people i know who still go say the crowd has changed (probably for the better) but they still just spends the days walking around taking everything in.
    Other people will experience it differently and are only there for the music.

I find people slagging off Glastonbury a bigger cliché then those attending. Why can't people just be left alone to enjoy something however they like?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    To be honest music is just a small part of Glastonbury, in the years i went i don't think it was ever the lineup that attracted me. The music is a side show to the whole experience, people i know who still go say the crowd has changed (probably for the better) but they still just spends the days walking around taking everything in.

I find people slagging off Glastonbury a bigger cliché then those attending. Why can't people just be left alone to enjoy something however they like?
    It is rightly slagged off for what it is ......a huge money making event

Last one I went to was sponsored by Greenpeace

It's probably Shell or Texaco now

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I live about 20 mins from Lilly's and drive past often, I like the peach and the cherry and berry ones, they have a woo woo cider now,

If you ever want me to pick up a box for you ( and you can collect from my mums in Barry ) just say
    Now your talking….I’ll message you

This is right, I’m not sure I even made it all the way down to the pyramid stage until my third visit…..a lot going on not really mentioned. Used to love hanging around The Glade….

Eh? People are being left alone, a few old timers are expressing an opinion on a fairly obscure football message board. Not exactly harassment.
    I'm a self confessed 56 year old cynic who went there 3 times in the early 90s and love saying it was better in my day. It wasn't all sweetness, love and peace though, even then there was tent robbing galore, a couple of stabbings and a shooting the last time I went. The main thing I have a problem with these days is the sheer waste. Litter, plastic waste and weirdly 20,000+ abandoned tents which definitely never happened in my day. That bit tells me many of them are the type of people I really wouldn't want to spend the weekend with, and I'm sure they'd feel the same way about me.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It is rightly slagged off for what it is ......a huge money making event

Last one I went to was sponsored by Greenpeace

It's probably Shell or Texaco now
    Record numbers donated to Greenpeace, wateraid, Oxfam year on year in the millions. Carbon positive, wind, solar. you used to be funny now you're parody of yourself

At the Ashes at Edgbaston this week, a pint of self serve lager was £8:40 and a pint of self serve cider was about £7:35.

Record numbers donated to Greenpeace, wateraid, Oxfam year on year in the millions. Carbon positive, wind, solar. you used to be funny now you're parody of yourself
    What are you going on about ?

The ticket fee when I went , 1992 went to green peace

You didn't have an option

Now you have corporate dosh and HSBC and Lloyd's bank stalls

And the ticket prices absolutely exclude lots of people who don't have the sort of cash the Surrey campervan lot bring

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    At the Ashes at Edgbaston this week, a pint of self serve lager was £8:40 and a pint of self serve cider was about £7:35.
    That sounds perfectly reasonable ?

Should round it up to 10 quid

This thread is like the four Yorkshiremen sketch - in my day there was 150 of us living in a cardboard box in middle of the road

My boy has gone for the last 4 years and loves it and he is neither rich nor tory - he goes for a few days away with his mate to a music festival so saves his money so he doesn't have to worry about the cost - it's called memories 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    This thread is like the four Yorkshiremen sketch - in my day there was 150 of us living in a cardboard box in middle of the road

My boy has gone for the last 4 years and loves it and he is neither rich nor tory - he goes for a few days away with his mate to a music festival so saves his money so he doesn't have to worry about the cost - it's called memories 👍
    😂 Just tell him to bring his tent home ✌️

That sounds perfectly reasonable ?

Should round it up to 10 quid
    That made me laugh !

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

That's great

But it's extortionately expensive and lots of people with similar interests simply can't afford that

It would be nice if we had lots of cheaper festivals around the UK in the summer but they are all silly money and Glastonbury is particularly pricey

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    😂 Just tell him to bring his tent home ✌️
    Fair play they have had the same tent since they started going - all chipped into get it. Whether he brings his dignity back with him is another thing 👍

That's great

But it's extortionately expensive and lots of people with similar interests simply can't afford that

It would be nice if we had lots of cheaper festivals around the UK in the summer but they are all silly money and Glastonbury is particularly pricey
    Don't disagree and you could say the same for lots of entertainment including football

Unfortunately whilst people will pay it the events will carry on

I've been several times and it's something I'd recommend everyone try if they get the opportunity.

The parts shown on the Beeb are only a small element and it's easy to avoid the main stages and have a great time.

It's certainly not as rough as pre-fence when scallies would get in without paying a rifle through tents but it's not the posh tory event some like to make out either.

They really need to ban those flags though. Someone's going to get killed striking the overhead powerlines. I've never not been able to find my mates and we didn't need flags.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I've been several times and it's something I'd recommend everyone try if they get the opportunity.

The parts shown on the Beeb are only a small element and it's easy to avoid the main stages and have a great time.

It's certainly not as rough as pre-fence when scallies would get in without paying a rifle through tents but it's not the posh tory event some like to make out either.

They really need to ban those flags though. Someone's going to get killed striking the overhead powerlines. I've never not been able to find my mates and we didn't need flags.
    Apart from wanting to sit down and watch a band these days those fecking flags ruin it

Now that's what I call a rip off and yet all of the seats have been sold;

https://www.thesportsman.com/article...ts-is-shameful

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/202...nd-experience/

Showing my age here, but back in 1968 when I saw us win 5-1 at Craven Cottage in my first away match, all the punters on the side of the ground where the new Riverside Stand is now situated had to do to take in the "undeniably special" views of the river which, apparently, is part of the £158 per game matchday experience, was stand at the back of the open terrace as it was then and look over the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Now that's what I call a rip off and yet all of the seats have been sold;

https://www.thesportsman.com/article...ts-is-shameful

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/202...nd-experience/

Showing my age here, but back in 1968 when I saw us win 5-1 at Craven Cottage in my first away match, all the punters on the side of the ground where the new Riverside Stand is now situated had to do to take in the "undeniably special" views of the river which, apparently, is part of the £158 per game matchday experience, was stand at the back of the open terrace as it was then and look over the wall.
    These kind of hyper prices for normal seats are a worry, as they will catch on.

That said, I would mind less if they were used to subsidise cheaper seats. I'd be very supportive of the Premier League requiring guidance on a set number of tickets at £30 as they do with away tickets.

Clubs talk the talk on inclusion but very rarely practice it.

enjoyed Sparks earlier