+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Football finance experts.

FAO Football finance experts.

Just received a notification from Companies House that City filed a return of allotment of shares document there recently. It contains the following description .

EACH SHARE IS ENTITLED TO ONE VOTE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. EACH SHARE IS
    ENTITLED PARI PASSU TO DIVIDEND PAYMENTS OR ANY OTHER DISTRIBUTION. EACH
    SHARE IS ENTITLED PARI PASSU TO PARTICIPATE IN A DISTRIBUTION ARISING FROM A
    WINDING UP OF THE COMPANY

Anyone know if this is something we should be concerned about?

Re: FAO Football finance experts.

Looks like we did it last year too, raising £19 million on 23rd June 2022. This time raising £17.4 million.

Perhaps it's Tan converting some debt to equity?

Not really that significant by the looks of it. According to a March 2022 WOL article, "Cardiff relied heavily upon the backing of their Malaysian owner who lent the Bluebirds a further £16m during the year."

So that's around one year's worth of debt converted? The same article says, "As majority shareholder, the debt owed to Tan stands at £61m..."

I'm guessing it's even more since then?

Nice to see but still a long way from:

Bluebirds owner promises to make the club debt-free by 2021

But then beggars can't be choosers. Thank you Mr. Tan!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Not really that significant by the looks of it. According to a March 2022 WOL article, "Cardiff relied heavily upon the backing of their Malaysian owner who lent the Bluebirds a further £16m during the year."

So that's around one year's worth of debt converted? The same article says, "As majority shareholder, the debt owed to Tan stands at £61m..."

I'm guessing it's even more since then?

Nice to see but still a long way from:

Bluebirds owner promises to make the club debt-free by 2021

But then beggars can't be choosers. Thank you Mr. Tan!
    Thanks, that seems to explain it.

From Keith Morgan of the Supporters Trust:

"It has come to our attention from Companies House that the club has allotted a further 1,747,956,600 shares with a nominal value of 0.01p

I have been in contact with the club who confirm what I had thought in that it is a cash injection for shares equating to nearly £17.5m in order to ensure the club remains compliant with Profitability and Sustainability Regulations.

In this case, such compliance demonstrates that there is enough cash in the club to cover the cash drain caused by losses in the previous season

There was a similar allotment in June 2022."

No debt-to-equity conversion then, just a cash injection. Doesn't really add up to Dalman's "Tan is pumping 3 million a month into the club to stay afloat".

No debt-to-equity conversion then, just a cash injection. Doesn't really add up to Dalman's "Tan is pumping 3 million a month into the club to stay afloat".
    Still positive news though and a step in the right direction. Adds up perfectly to most people.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Still positive news though and a step in the right direction. Adds up perfectly to most people.
    This you?

Also, I think "most people" would agree that converting existing debt to equity would have been the better news here.

This you?

Also, I think "most people" would agree that converting existing debt to equity would have been the better news here.

From a supporter point of view the impact on the ability to comply with FFP without the threat of a points deduction is the most important factor going into this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    From a supporter point of view the impact on the ability to comply with FFP without the threat of a points deduction is the most important factor going into this season.
    Fair enough! I'd suggest converting some of the massive debt the club owes Tan would be more welcome news than us relying and needing Tan's charity to avoid a points deduction. I'd rather be less in his grip than more but each to their own I guess.

Fair enough! I'd suggest converting some of the massive debt the club owes Tan would be more welcome news than us relying and needing Tan's charity to avoid a points deduction. I'd rather be less in his grip than more but each to their own I guess.
    Surely it's the same thing, if they converted old debt to equity, new debt would have increased by last years £17m.

Quote Originally Posted by Albany View Post
    Surely it's the same thing, if they converted old debt to equity, new debt would have increased by last years £17m.
    I'm trying to understand this but I'm four cans in and my alcohol tolerance isn't what it used to be.

I'm trying to understand this but I'm four cans in and my alcohol tolerance isn't what it used to be.
    By my limited understanding the injection of funds meant the club broke even and wouldn't go £17.4m further into debt.

Does this lower rate this year mean the rebuild last year only saved the club roughly £1.6m?