+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russia

Re: Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The U.S. Defence Intelligence Agency think otherwise.
    The same ones who said there were Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq?

So what is your point? This is like trying to nail jelly to a wall.
    What’s your point exactly…. Like you said , so what.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The same ones who said there were Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq?
    Probably. Personally, I don't know the anwer and wouldn't hazard a guess either way as I don't have any authorititive knowledge of the figures.

What’s your point exactly…. Like you said , so what.
    So your original point about Ukranian propaganda is 'so what'. Many thanks.

Probably. Personally, I don't know the anwer and wouldn't hazard a guess either way as I don't have any authorititive knowledge about the complex situation.
    I love the idea that people shouldn't pander to narcissistic delusionists like Wales-Bales but here we are.........

The U.S. Defence Intelligence Agency think otherwise.
    The 51 intelligence officials who signed on to the laptop didn't belong to a pervert ?
    Hobson's Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    The 51 intelligence officials who signed on to the laptop didn't belong to a pervert ?
    Hobson's Choice
    I am not siding with anyone, old fruit. I try to take in as much information from as many sources as possible without declaring a loyalty to any party, individual or organisation.

I am not siding with anyone, old fruit. I try to take in as much information from as many sources as possible without declaring a loyalty to any party, individual or organisation.
    Peace at any cost young Padawan, in war and loss of life sides isn't an option.

Peace at any cost young Padawan, in war and loss of life sides isn't an option.
    What would you have advised Churchill to do in 1940-1?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What would you have advised Churchill to do in 1940-1?
    I'll only say it one more timeonly, my father in law was a d day veteran and survived, don't go there be a good lad just for a change.

I'll only say it one more timeonly, my father in law was a d day veteran and survived, don't go there be a good lad just for a change.
    Isn't that Lardy's point. Your father in law fought for democratic freedom. Which of the protagonists is doing that and what would he have said if he was told that there was a peace plan that offered Hitler, Belgium, Holland and most of France for his aggressive troubles?

Lots of us have family who served in the war.

British soldiers and pilots died in 1940 and 1941 (and the other years of the war). And yet somehow I don't think "peace at any cost" was a popular opinion around the country at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I love the idea that people shouldn't pander to narcissistic delusionists like Wales-Bales but here we are.........
    If anyone is on the spectrum it’s you mate , don’t forget that and keep getting the help you need as you’re lacking in so many areas.

I suspect the anonymous nature and narrow opinion ( it appears three or four of you try and push out other peoples opinions) gives you the confidence you lack in a real life situation. Seems that way to me. Hiding behind a keyboard clearly gives you the security you crave as I somehow doubt you even say a quarter of the shit you spin face to face, as that has already been established.

If anyone is on the spectrum it’s you mate , don’t forget that and keep getting the help you need as you’re lacking in so many areas.

I suspect the anonymous nature and narrow opinion ( it appears three or four of you try and push out other peoples opinions) gives you the confidence you lack in a real life situation. Seems that way to me. Hiding behind a keyboard clearly gives you the security you crave as I somehow doubt you even say a quarter of the shit you spin face to face, as that has already been established.
    For someone who would prefer not to waste time engaging with me ( indeed I could count myself lucky that you've bothered to reply to me on this occasion as well ) you don't half respond to order. Am I living free of rent somewhere or something?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Isn't that Lardy's point. Your father in law fought for democratic freedom. Which of the protagonists is doing that and what would he have said if he was told that there was a peace plan that offered Hitler, Belgium, Holland and most of France for his aggressive troubles?
    He did, and I'm very proud of him as i am with anybody who serves, I'm not getting into Hitler, I've visited Auschwitz as has millions of others, the evil and death surrounding this period is articulated in the many good books written about this, this can be your GOTCHA moment.

Lots of us have family who served in the war.

British soldiers and pilots died in 1940 and 1941 (and the other years of the war). And yet somehow I don't think "peace at any cost" was a popular opinion around the country at the time.
    Obviously I realise that, through circumstances (my parents were young and my wife's parents were a lot older when they bashed us out) and I did get to speak to him, only on a couple of occasions, he preferred for it to be left in the past and hoped he would never see anything like it again, I'm 100% sure that he'd be saddened to see young men and women losing their lives on the orders of deranged politicians, from my experience of seeing the Falklands & IRAQ war play out, the press on the orders of the government at the time guide popular opinion, remember the Sun celebrating when the Argentine ship was sunk in the South Atlantic, I don't know many people who want this war to continue, with the weapons available to both sides, the stakes are unlike previous wars.

Obviously I realise that, through circumstances (my parents were young and my wife's parents were a lot older when they bashed us out) and I did get to speak to him, only on a couple of occasions, he preferred for it to be left in the past and hoped he would never see anything like it again, I'm 100% sure that he'd be saddened to see young men and women losing their lives on the orders of deranged politicians, from my experience of seeing the Falklands & IRAQ war play out, the press on the orders of the government at the time guide popular opinion, remember the Sun celebrating when the Argentine ship was sunk in the South Atlantic, I don't know many people who want this war to continue, with the weapons available to both sides, the stakes are unlike previous wars.
    No one, at least none of us commoners do, likes war and unnecessary death, but surely the answer isn't just to surrender to the aggressor.

No one, at least none of us commoners do, likes war and unnecessary death, but surely the answer isn't just to surrender to the aggressor.
    Anyone know why Canadian , U.S , U.K and other NATO troops have been based within the country and training the Ukrainian troops since at least 2014 ? I may be wrong but I can’t imagine Russia would be happy with that arrangement and probably would have got a bit twitchy about it.

Anyone know why Canadian , U.S , U.K and other NATO troops have been based within the country and training the Ukrainian troops since at least 2014 ? I may be wrong but I can’t imagine Russia would be happy with that arrangement and probably would have got a bit twitchy about it.
    2014? The year Russia annexed Crimea you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    2014? The year Russia annexed Crimea you mean?
    I think another poster has explained why Russia annexed Crimea, and it always was a majority Russian enclave. It was symbolically given to Ukraine by Nikita Khrushchev whilst both countries were part of the Soviet Union.

US wanted a regime change, that’s my reckoning. The level of propaganda suggests desperation. Wagner is a good distraction as I haven’t heard of any good news stories in respect of Ukrainian victories.

I think another poster has explained why Russia annexed Crimea, and it always was a majority Russian enclave. It was symbolically given to Ukraine by Nikita Khrushchev whilst both countries were part of the Soviet Union.

US wanted a regime change, that’s my reckoning. The level of propaganda suggests desperation. Wagner is a good distraction as I haven’t heard of any good news stories in respect of Ukrainian victories.
    Most UN countries recognise Crimea as part of Ukraine. Is that propaganda too?

US wanted a regime change, that’s my reckoning. The level of propaganda suggests desperation.
    So, you excuse two actual invasions to concentrate on troops from other countries being in Ukraine?

Who’s the poster who “explained” why Russia annexed Crimea then?

Most UN countries recognise Crimea as part of Ukraine. Is that propaganda too?
    Ask the Palestinian population, as your post appears to promote the UN as some fair and just model organisation. Sounds like double standards to me ?

Unfortunately,China ,India , Brazil and many African countries are fully behind Russia , which is why a peaceful conclusion is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, you excuse two actual invasions to concentrate on troops from other countries being in Ukraine?

Who’s the poster who “explained” why Russia annexed Crimea then?
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5397355

There is this one from Jon but I guess that because it says the complete opposite to what was stated it must be another one!

Spouting an official government line isn’t an opinion though , 2014 was a CIA backed ultra nationalist coup. I would prefer to stay out of it all.