+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Guns N Roses

Re: Guns N Roses

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Hey Sludge, have you heard of a band call The Motors ? Not my cup of cha but they supported Wishbone Ash at the Capitol Cinema in 1977 and to this day remain the loudest band I've ever seen live. Almost made my ears bleed. I've seen Purple, Zep and Sabbath and they were louder than all of them, probably put together.
    I was just talking about this to someone the other day. I wasn't there, but I was told they played "Dancing the Night Away" three times. I also thought they opened for UFO.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I was just talking about this to someone the other day. I wasn't there, but I was told they played "Dancing the Night Away" three times. I also thought they opened for UFO.
    UFO and Rush: now there's two absolutely quality bands!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    UFO and Rush: now there's two absolutely quality bands!
    Rush until 1982 then I think they went up their own arse

UFO ........one of my first gigs , top rank cardiff after snow collapsed roof at Sophia Gardens

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Apparentl Ted Nugget was the loudest band ( at the Capitol Cardiff). People ran from the front of the stage at the first chord. Much like a Ted Cruz gig
    I have some of his albums , good guitarist but a horrible right wing twat

I can't comment on their playlist as I was not familiar with their songs and anyhow I probably escaped to the gents to get away from the decibel overload lol

Definitely Wishbone Ash they opened for. I've still got a copy of "Wishbone News" that was was handed out at the gig. The size of the old style Echo, there is a section in there about The Motors and for memory they were very proud of being exceptionally loud.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I experienced something yesterday which I would have said was impossible until I heard it - Edward Bevan at the Glamorgan game asking if Guns and Roses really were as bad at Glastonbury as as they'd been reported as being - the world's going mad !
    I saw Blondie a couple of weeks ago in the castle and enjoyed it , watched her on the TV during Glastonbury wasn't the same at all. Firstly you cant get the sound through the TV and secondly you don't get the atmosphere of a gig.

I feel the same way. A load of mates went to see the Cure at MSG last week. Not for me. And they played for 3 hours. Also not for me.
    Was just talking about that twat earlier today . I saw them in Wembley Arena a few months ago , one song blended into the next and the next and the next . I was waiting for some of their old stuff and Robert Smith comes out with "I know what you are all waiting for , but tis not happening " He did play some of their older stuff nearer the end and during the encore . We left before the encore , enough is enough ...

Anyone who was actually at Glastonbury got an opinion on Guns N Roses performance?

Just watched the glasto highlights with Guns and they were awesome. I’ve seen them live about 5 times previously- each to their own init. Love them!!