+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Elton nails the Tory’s

Ben Elton nails the Tory’s

Re: Ben Elton nails the Tory’s

Wish he was leading the Labour Party , Starmer is hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Ben - who moved to Australia 20 odd years ago. Never stood to get elected to show the world how he would do politics. Instead he has made a decent living commentating on politics, how dumb we are for not agreeing with him. What will the multi millionaire educate us on next.

Every 4 years or so we have an election - and other than Tony Blair you have to go back to the early 1970's to find a time when the country voted for a party he supports. You would have thought the message would have got to Ben by now.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Ben - who moved to Australia 20 odd years ago. Never stood to get elected to show the world how he would do politics. Instead he has made a decent living commentating on politics, how dumb we are for not agreeing with him. What will the multi millionaire educate us on next.

Every 4 years or so we have an election - and other than Tony Blair you have to go back to the early 1970's to find a time when the country voted for a party he supports. You would have thought the message would have got to Ben by now.
    Just because someone is wealthy doesn't mean they cannot be socially minded

Ben Elton is a bit too right on but I think it's great he has a go out of the twat from take out for voting tory and trying to avoid tax

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Just because someone is wealthy doesn't mean they cannot be socially minded

Ben Elton is a bit too right on but I think it's great he has a go out of the twat from take out for voting tory and trying to avoid tax
    Ben Elton a bit of a one trick pony. The fact that he willingly choose to live in a very right wing country like Australia - why would he do that ?

The fact that UK election results have been totally opposite of his political opinion - you would think the penny would have dropped by now - but if you rely on the Tory party for your content - then perhaps he is happy that it continues ?

Ben Elton a bit of a one trick pony. The fact that he willingly choose to live in a very right wing country like Australia - why would he do that ?

The fact that UK election results have been totally opposite of his political opinion - you would think the penny would have dropped by now - but if you rely on the Tory party for your content - then perhaps he is happy that it continues ?
    The penny is that once this stupid country elects a moderate government which isn't a tory one then we can bring in pr and keep your lot out for ever

I can't wait

The penny is that once this stupid country elects a moderate government which isn't a tory one then we can bring in pr and keep your lot out for ever

I can't wait
    You may be in for a long wait sunshine.

In 2011 the Govt of the day - Conservative / lib Dem - held a PR referendum and the country choose first past the post not PR.

The whole electorate in the UK maybe stupid in your opinion but the vote was somewhere near 70 / 30 - and democratic.

What's that quote about never arguing with a fool ?

Look if Sludge says they are stupid, then they are stupid okay? If Doucas says they are thick, they are thick. Thems the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Look if Sludge says they are stupid, then they are stupid okay? If Doucas says they are thick, they are thick. Thems the rules.
    Lol putting words in my mouth. I said if you can't work out a 5% increase from £1 you are thick, does anyone disagree with that?

Can't help but notice you've skipped over my stat filled post showing how you badly the UK is doing compared to similar countries across Europe (your arguments tend to fall apart when you take our eastern European countries when comparing vs the EU).

You seem triggered recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Lol putting words in my mouth. I said if you can't work out a 5% increase from £1 you are thick, does anyone disagree with that?

Can't help but notice you've skipped over my stat filled post showing how you badly the UK is doing compared to similar countries across Europe (your arguments tend to fall apart when you take our eastern European countries when comparing vs the EU).

You seem triggered recently.
    I think you just looked at inflation didn't you? And the current figures. Most EU countries are falling quicker now, but we all hit the same peak, broadly speaking. It is a worry if ours doesn't fall soon.

But your conclusion is always that the UK economy is a total disaster, and it isn't. You just ignore it unless it is. Which is weird to say that least

You may be in for a long wait sunshine.

In 2011 the Govt of the day - Conservative / lib Dem - held a PR referendum and the country choose first past the post not PR.

The whole electorate in the UK maybe stupid in your opinion but the vote was somewhere near 70 / 30 - and democratic.

What's that quote about never arguing with a fool ?
    The Tories campaigned against it , the liberals never had a chance

And it was a fudged impotent offer

Like giving your wife five quid of plastic money

Absolutely no use at all

You and your drone of bores will be up in court one day soon

Well I am definitely talking to a pair of stupid tory voting cnuts in this thread

Well I am definitely talking to a pair of stupid tory voting cnuts in this thread
    Devastating.

Devastating.
    You are like a seal coming up for air talking the same old crap defending the Tories you need a good clubbing

You are like a seal coming up for air talking the same old crap defending the Tories you need a good clubbing
    I think that's why I don't like the kind of swivel-eyed rants that Ben Elton came out with cos it just emboldens people like you to come out with stuff like that online.

I didn't defend anyone by the way; I merely gently mocked the idea that people on here who think they have the authority to go around calling people stupid and thick.

I think you just looked at inflation didn't you? And the current figures. Most EU countries are falling quicker now, but we all hit the same peak, broadly speaking. It is a worry if ours doesn't fall soon.

But your conclusion is always that the UK economy is a total disaster, and it isn't. You just ignore it unless it is. Which is weird to say that least
    Ok let's pretend that inflation isn't a metric I should use to show the UK economy is a disaster.

What about interest rates? What about the third highest energy bills in Europe? What about the appalling rate of wage increases since 2010?

I think that's why I don't like the kind of swivel-eyed rants that Ben Elton came out with cos it just emboldens people like you to come out with stuff like that online.

I didn't defend anyone by the way; I merely gently mocked the idea that people on here who think they have the authority to go around calling people stupid and thick.
    You are a one eyed tory boy

It's like shooting fish in a barrel

Ok let's pretend that inflation isn't a metric I should use to show the UK economy is a disaster.

What about interest rates? What about the third highest energy bills in Europe? What about the appalling rate of wage increases since 2010?
    He's a weasel

Just throw him bits of bread

Of course it's an important metric. Inflation is absolutely critical. It hit 11.5% in the EU. Of course interest rates are important, both up about 4% in the year. Energy bills is critical too.

But so too is unemployment, so too is the main stock market, so too is GDP growth, etc etc etc.

And a balanced look at it all leads to the kind of conclusion I present, as opposed to the kind of one you present.

You imply that a change of government fixes it all, and it simply will not.

He's a weasel

Just throw him bits of bread
    Sludge, you need to be a bit more consistent in what you call people who call you out.

In the last 12 hours I've been called a seal who needs clubbing, a fish in a barrel to be shot and a weasel that needs bread.

How can I defend myself from such a wide range of punishment?!

Of course it's an important metric. Inflation is absolutely critical. It hit 11.5% in the EU. Of course interest rates are important, both up about 4% in the year. Energy bills is critical too.

But so too is unemployment, so too is the main stock market, so too is GDP growth, etc etc etc.

And a balanced look at it all leads to the kind of conclusion I present, as opposed to the kind of one you present.

Oh feck off tory boy

Sludge, you need to be a bit more consistent in what you call people who call you out.

In the last 12 hours I've been called a seal who needs clubbing, a fish in a barrel to be shot and a weasel that needs bread.

How can I defend myself from such a wide range of punishment?!
    What's this call you out bollocks ?

Up yours with your American nonsense

You are a forever tory boy , you can try defending yourself as much as you like but we know what you are

I reckon you toss yourself silly to photos of Maggie and Tebbit

What's this call you out bollocks ?

Up yours with your American nonsense

You are a forever tory boy , you can try defending yourself as much as you like but we know what you are

I reckon you toss yourself silly to photos of Maggie and Tebbit
    Youve got me there Sludge. I have always liked an authoritative woman

We've been through this, the unemployment rate is meaningless when wages aren't enough to help you pay for essentials. Nevermind the unemployment rate is just those who are actively searching for work, it doesn't take into account economically inactive people.

The stock market again means **** all to the average person, its gone up and up and up, have peoples lives improved? No. And I say this as someone who has spent a lot of time investing.

The IMF today announced that the main cause of inflation was basically corporate greed. A different government would have taken this on, nationalised some assets, created our own energy so we didn't rely on others and not doing brexit. A different government doing those things would have reduced inflation significantly.

Instead we have the most corrupt government in living memory and to nobodies shock we are an utter shitshow with the third highest energy bills, some of the highest inflation and food inflation rates outside of Eastern Europe and some of the highest interest rates.

Do you honestly believe this couldn't be avoided?

"Instead we have the most corrupt government in living memory" I get the impression you say this every time Labour arent in Govt ? and you get all upset that the country hasnt voted the way you wanted them to.