+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben Elton nails the Tory’s

Re: Ben Elton nails the Tory’s

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    We've been through this, the unemployment rate is meaningless when wages aren't enough to help you pay for essentials. Nevermind the unemployment rate is just those who are actively searching for work, it doesn't take into account economically inactive people.

The stock market again means **** all to the average person, its gone up and up and up, have peoples lives improved? No. And I say this as someone who has spent a lot of time investing.

The IMF today announced that the main cause of inflation was basically corporate greed. A different government would have taken this on, nationalised some assets, created our own energy so we didn't rely on others and not doing brexit. A different government doing those things would have reduced inflation significantly.

Instead we have the most corrupt government in living memory and to nobodies shock we are an utter shitshow with the third highest energy bills, some of the highest inflation and food inflation rates outside of Eastern Europe and some of the highest interest rates.

Do you honestly believe this couldn't be avoided?
    I think you know your argument doesn't really stack up when you so glibly dismiss historically very low unemployment figures.

Losing your job is probably the single worst thing that can happen to people (though it can open new opportunities) and mass unemployment has blighted communities and countries for decades..including this part of the world. So you shouldn't dismiss it. It's good that unemployment is low.

The stock market also massively matters. People's pensions, savings as re invested in it. It's used to fuel investment in business. It certainly mattered when it was used (wrongly) in the brexit campaign and if the FTSE was on its arse you unquestionably would be going on about it, making Trumpian statements about the worst government in history etc

https://www.theguardian.com/business...erendum-brexit

Inflation is hugely important. Ours is currently higher than our peers. It wasn't a few months ago. In a few months time it may be lower. Our GDP growth is currently higher than the eurozone. In a few months it may be lower. Our wage growth has outperformed our peers in the last couple of years. It may not in the next couple.

That's my point. The data is mixed. None of it is particularly good anywhere. But you, and others on here, present a false picture of EVERYTHING being a disaster. It's not true. And you do that to present a political solution based around the party you support, which the evidence from other countries suggest wouldn't make much difference at all, or could even make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think you know your argument doesn't really stack up when you so glibly dismiss historically very low unemployment figures.

Losing your job is probably the single worst thing that can happen to people (though it can open new opportunities) and mass unemployment has blighted communities and countries for decades..including this part of the world. So you shouldn't dismiss it. It's good that unemployment is low.

The stock market also massively matters. People's pensions, savings as re invested in it. It's used to fuel investment in business. It certainly mattered when it was used (wrongly) in the brexit campaign and if the FTSE was on its arse you unquestionably would be going on about it, making Trumpian statements about the worst government in history etc

https://www.theguardian.com/business...erendum-brexit

Inflation is hugely important. Ours is currently higher than our peers. It wasn't a few months ago. In a few months time it may be lower. Our GDP growth is currently higher than the eurozone. In a few months it may be lower. Our wage growth has outperformed our peers in the last couple of years. It may not in the next couple.

That's my point. The data is mixed. None of it is particularly good anywhere. But you, and others on here, present a false picture of EVERYTHING being a disaster. It's not true. And you do that to present a political solution based around the party you support, which the evidence from other countries suggest wouldn't make much difference at all, or could even make things worse.
    Tell me that made up story about you not always voting tory and you thinking just possibly maybe you might not vote Tory in the next election

It was complete rubbish of course as you are more tory than you were this time last year

And you are not kidding anyone that you will ever vote for anyone else

But it's raining

And I could do with a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    "Instead we have the most corrupt government in living memory" I get the impression you say this every time Labour arent in Govt ? and you get all upset that the country hasnt voted the way you wanted them to.
    This country is predominantly not tory

Usually about 60 percent don't vote for the filth

It's a shame , given our voting system it's not more

1 tory is one too many

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    "Instead we have the most corrupt government in living memory" I get the impression you say this every time Labour arent in Govt ? and you get all upset that the country hasnt voted the way you wanted them to.
    Is this government not corrupt then?

Fecking clowns

Corruption is not easy to define but it's generally illegal and a serious political issue. Cases are investigated and people charged. Doesn't mean sn entire government is 'corrupt' by any stretch, though that is of course how click baiters will present it, led most interestingly by Carol Vorderman of late.

Labour just started employing Sue Gray btw. She in charge of the report that brought down Johnson. I mean, that does look pretty dodgy doesn't it?

If that was the other way round you would be screaming corruption like a teenage girl at a Justin Bieber gig.

Corruption is not easy to define but it's generally illegal and a serious political issue. Cases are investigated and people charged. Doesn't mean sn entire government is 'corrupt' by any stretch, though that is of course how click baiters will present it, led most interestingly by Carol Vorderman of late.

Labour just started employing Sue Gray btw. She in charge of the report that brought down Johnson. I mean, that does look pretty dodgy doesn't it?

If that was the other way round you would be screaming corruption like a teenage girl at a Justin Bieber gig.
    What aboutery Wales is back

I wish you would feck off , you are a tory windbag

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What aboutery Wales is back

I wish you would feck off , you are a tory windbag
    Like most people who do nothing but insult, I take that as recognition I made a point.

Oh **** off, I won't be voting Labour, they're basically tory scum at this point.

Answer the question. Are the tories corrupt?

Remember old Ben in Red Wedge .Bill Bragg . Redskins tour .

He attends Labour Conferences.

Massive donor.

Great read below;

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/ben-elton-interview/

As is his book " Two Brothers" relates to his Jewish father’s escaping Nazi persecution.

Talented man turned Blackadder into a masterpiece from Series 2 onwards .

Like most people who do nothing but insult, I take that as recognition I made a point.
    You do nothing but clap like a seal for the Tories

It's boring and it's time you fecked off

The only point you prove is that you are as one eyed as the people you criticise

Hopefully post election you will finally choke and shut the feck up

Oh **** off, I won't be voting Labour, they're basically tory scum at this point.

Yes and they are cnuts

But JW votes for them

Tells me everything

No. Corruption is nearly always illegal in public office. Any organisation will have examples within it, without they entire organisation being corrupt (a bad teacher doesn't make the whole school bad). Corruption can be an issue without the whole government being corrupt.

Which you know of course, but you have to project a black & white conclusion to stay on message!

Yes and they are cnuts

But JW votes for them

Tells me everything
    You two sound like Carol Vorderman. A right pair of tits.

You two sound like Carol Vorderman. A right pair of tits.
    I'm going to defend Carol's tits at this juncture. I've always admired them, particularly how they've always held firm in the face of adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm going to defend Carol's tits at this juncture. I've always admired them, particularly how they've always held firm in the face of adversity.
    She has wonderful tits. Although I am concerned I will now see Sludge and Doucas each time I catch a glimpse of her cleavage

They are plastic which is why they look firm

She has wonderful tits. Although I am concerned I will now see Sludge and Doucas each time I catch a glimpse of her cleavage
    Enhanced by the knife

They are plastic which is why they look firm
    Still worth a handful though

Still worth a handful though
    She's too tory for me

She will vote for them in the wink of an eye

Which is what she's done for years

I think Vorderman is just embarrassed that shes voted the most embarrassing govt in history in. Anyone who put an x to a Tory should be equally embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think Vorderman is just embarrassed that shes voted the most embarrassing govt in history in. Anyone who put an x to a Tory should be equally embarrassed.
    I have dumped women if they have emerged as torys

I can't sleep with the enemy

You do know they are both plastic and sag

I have dumped women if they have emerged as torys

I can't sleep with the enemy
    Can you catagorise who do you bed down with . Does religion or gender effect your choice ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Can you catagorise who do you bed down with . Does religion or gender effect your choice ?
    Absolutely I can be specific

In the case of gender I am sure you are a very good looking bloke

But that's the main stumbling block

I don't go to bed with blokes

I believe in Adam and Eve

Not Adam and Steve