Re: Paul Abbo seems up beat...

'Tis vacuous fluff.

He knows no more than us

Thank god I don't buy the western mail anymore

International

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Collins looked very good but has been out for a year, will he be the same?
    Colwill and Davies were poor, Robinson is average and let us down by missing penalties and getting sent off, and Adams hasn't played for a year and was a 2nd division player out of contract.

No one has heard of the Manager and he hasn't got a clue about the League, we can't sign players for a fee or even borrow them for a fee.

19th Look a bit generous considering we have just let go of a Manager who knew the league well and the three best players returned to their clubs, and we only avoided relegation by a point or two when two teams had big points deductions. The teams coming down and coming up look good and I think it's a tougher league this season.

Obviously, we could somehow sign players (fiddling things) and the Manager could be a magician, but I can't see it right at this moment.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He knows no more than us

He doesn't know anything by the look of it.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Colwill and Davies were poor, Robinson is average and let us down by missing penalties and getting sent off, and Adams hasn't played for a year and was a 2nd division player out of contract.

No one has heard of the Manager and he hasn't got a clue about the League, we can't sign players for a fee or even borrow them for a fee.

19th Look a bit generous considering we have just let go of a Manager who knew the league well and the three best players returned to their clubs, and we only avoided relegation by a point or two when two teams had big points deductions. The teams coming down and coming up look good and I think it's a tougher league this season.

Obviously, we could somehow sign players (fiddling things) and the Manager could be a magician, but I can't see it right at this moment.
    You need an evening out with dml

He doesn't know anything by the look of it.
    I think he does ,he’s in Dalman’s pocket …. Nice to read a positive article after the dross of the last year or so

I think the best way to look at this season is…. It can’t be any worse than last season… so optimistic, is the best option!!

Can't believe that bloke is still employed. Does he still try and wedge Giggs or Bellamy into every article he writes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    I think the best way to look at this season is…. It can’t be any worse than last season… so optimistic, is the best option!!
    Well, it can... it could be 3 places worse than last season.
    Let's hope we do ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He knows no more than us

Walesonline is utter shit.

Today theyve recycled Wales 50 hardest rugby players yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Not pub beer gardens or beaches?

How to write an article with absolutely no content to write about

I really hate that plastic taffy crap

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    No no but TLG, that was just what he wrote professionally. It wasn’t how he reeeeeally felt:

Bulut may prove to be an inspired choice, nobody knows yet - it would be wrong to write him off with no evidence to back you up. Conversely, the article linked (and the one Paul Abbandonato wrote when we appointed our new manager) makes him sound like someone who has the rest of the Championship in awe of us for such a virtuoso appointment (the word "visionary" can only be used about the appointment when Bulut has us finishing in the top six surely?).

Looking at City at the time that article was written, the logical thing to say has to be that we may or may not have a manager who is an upgrade on recent appointments, but, even if he is, he still has what looks like a relegation squad (based on the fact there's no new players come in and, arguably, our three most influential performers in 22/23 have all left) to work with at the moment.

Everything I've seen seems to indicate another season of struggle.

I think the unknown element of Bulut potentially offers something but then I just look at the squad with the club under a transfer embargo.

As it stands if he even keeps us up it's a good season and that's not what I really want to be thinking.

To be a threat in this league, we need to be adding good players to go alongside the likes of Kipre / Philogene / Kaba.

We've lost them three and have done nothing to even replace them, let alone the above.

Right now it's got relegation struggle written all over it. Still cautiously optimistic that we will have a European revolution that can spur us on towards a mid-table finish.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bulut may prove to be an inspired choice, nobody knows yet - it would be wrong to write him off with no evidence to back you up. Conversely, the article linked (and the one Paul Abbandonato wrote when we appointed our new manager) makes him sound like someone who has the rest of the Championship in awe of us for such a virtuoso appointment (the word "visionary" can only be used about the appointment when Bulut has us finishing in the top six surely?).

Looking at City at the time that article was written, the logical thing to say has to be that we may or may not have a manager who is an upgrade on recent appointments, but, even if he is, he still has what looks like a relegation squad (based on the fact there's no new players come in and, arguably, our three most influential performers in 22/23 have all left) to work with at the moment.
    As usual I agree with almost everything you’ve said - there was a poll on Twitter and something like 70% last I checked were optimistic about the upcoming season.

More power to them and I wish I could be that optimistic but realistically all we have so far is a weaker squad and a manager who is a total unknown. We will see if any of the rumored big exciting signings actually come off in the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    As usual I agree with almost everything you’ve said - there was a poll on Twitter and something like 70% last I checked were optimistic about the upcoming season.

More power to them and I wish I could be that optimistic but realistically all we have so far is a weaker squad and a manager who is a total unknown. We will see if any of the rumored big exciting signings actually come off in the next week or so.

"football twitter" tends to be inhabited mostly by the younger generation, they havent had the optimism beaten out of them like the rest of us

All the Walesonline journalists have been appalling in holding the regime at this club to account. Its been feck up after feck up.

As it stands we have a weaker squad than a side which would have been relegated last season if there hadnt been points deductions are under an embargo because of that regimes feck up and have a manager virtually no one had heard of.

As it stands we have to be relegation favs.

Over the weeks to come hopefully we get players in who significantly improve us. For starters we need 3 of the quality of those we have lost to put us on a par with last season.

All the Walesonline journalists have been appalling in holding the regime at this club to account. Its been feck up after feck up.

As it stands we have a weaker squad than a side which would have been relegated last season if there hadnt been points deductions are under an embargo because of that regimes feck up and have a manager virtually no one had heard of.

As it stands we have to be relegation favs.

Over the weeks to come hopefully we get players in who significantly improve us. For starters we need 3 of the quality of those we have lost to put us on a par with last season.
    The days of the investigative and insightful journalism has long gone, so what’s he’s reporting on is as good as it gets.

Walesonline and all the other Reach group papers/websites (Bristollive, Birminghamlive, Yorkshirelive) are all the same. Very little journalism in the traditional sense. Most of their stories seem to come from press releases or are cobbled together from stuff already out there on social media. It's all about getting clicks so they can make money from advertising (the journos are targeted on hits for their articles), hence all the clickbait headlines, regurgitated "stories" that tell you nothing new and syndicated stories that are about something the other side of the country when you click on them.
    Don't think you can really blame the journos themselves - they're just doing what they're told to do to stay in a job. Probably isn't what they had in mind from a career in journalism though.

FFS.