+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul Abbo seems up beat...

Re: Paul Abbo seems up beat...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    "football twitter" tends to be inhabited mostly by the younger generation, they havent had the optimism beaten out of them like the rest of us
    When you say ‘the rest of us’, do you mean the twenty or so people on this board who continually look on the negative side of everything (including you by the look of it) or do you mean the 18/19000 people who regularly go to games or the nearly 14000 people who have just bought season tickets ? If the latter two, then that is a rather sweeping statement to make with very little evidence to back it up.

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    FFS.

Positivity is a great thing, but you know in your heart that it is a true reflection of the current position.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    FFS.
    What positions (if any) do you think need strengthening dml? Any priorities?

I guess WOL has to do all it can to get people to click before they get people to pay:

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    What positions (if any) do you think need strengthening dml? Any priorities?
    Owner

I guess WOL has to do all it can to get people to click before they get people to pay:

Wouldn’t pay a penny, they get most their info of message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Wouldn’t pay a penny, they get most their info of message boards.
    Paywalls on local news sites are coming very soon. They’ve put it off as long as they can.

Some will go a small amount per click, 5p or whatever. Most will be monthly

The quality ought to leap pretty quickly

Be interesting to see how it goes

I'm not sure the reason for the overt optimism. The two mooted signings are at best long shots. They are without pedigree. Now, they might turn out to be inspired signings but you would think that we had just signed Gvadriol and Havertz the way some are reacting.

None of us have seen either play. Let us hope we have unearthed a couple of gems.

Although, I'm not sure how the centre half is going to get a work permit

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I really hate that plastic taffy crap
    You hate everything to be fair, apart from Black Sabbath's first two albums. Why not just chill out and let folk enjoy life? You are one miserable cnut.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post

What does he say? I can't see it as he blocked me years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    What does he say? I can't see it as he blocked me years ago.
    Paul Abbandonato
    @PaulAbbandonato

BIG and exciting week or so ahead for the Bluebirds. Bulut looks like he’s getting his new 6ft4in international centre half who I’m told is a real leader. Striker on board too. More to follow we hope #fingerscrossed. Team could look very different soon

Paul Abbandonato
    @PaulAbbandonato

BIG and exciting week or so ahead for the Bluebirds. Bulut looks like he’s getting his new 6ft4in international centre half who I’m told is a real leader. Striker on board too. More to follow we hope #fingerscrossed. Team could look very different soon
    like abbo got a good gut feeling about this season hearing lots of positives about our new manager from around Europe the last few weeks

lets hope the board can back him up ahead of August the 6'th .looking forward to getting back to the UK and getting my season ticket

Bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Collins looked very good but has been out for a year, will he be the same?
    Colwill and Davies were poor, Robinson is average and let us down by missing penalties and getting sent off, and Adams hasn't played for a year and was a 2nd division player out of contract.

No one has heard of the Manager and he hasn't got a clue about the League, we can't sign players for a fee or even borrow them for a fee.

19th Look a bit generous considering we have just let go of a Manager who knew the league well and the three best players returned to their clubs, and we only avoided relegation by a point or two when two teams had big points deductions. The teams coming down and coming up look good and I think it's a tougher league this season.

Obviously, we could somehow sign players (fiddling things) and the Manager could be a magician, but I can't see it right at this moment.
    Care to explain?

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    I'm not sure the reason for the overt optimism. The two mooted signings are at best long shots. They are without pedigree. Now, they might turn out to be inspired signings but you would think that we had just signed Gvadriol and Havertz the way some are reacting.

None of us have seen either play. Let us hope we have unearthed a couple of gems.

Although, I'm not sure how the centre half is going to get a work permit
    We get at least 2 and possibly 4 players who don’t need to fulfill the normal requirements for a work permit - Greece are also ranked just inside the top 50 so he could also qualify that way normally, although no idea if 3 appearances since 2021 is enough for that.