+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Club Statement re: Sala 30/06/23

Re: Club Statement re: Sala 30/06/23

Might have been better for FIFA to suggest we paid the remaining money into an escrow account until the criminal investigation and court case are complete.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    As much shit as possible needs to be hurled at Nantes, they’re up to their neck and always have been in the whole sordid affair.
    Yes, we need to support OUR team and not continually decry them. Personally, I see a refreshingly improved structure at the club right now from director level through to management and players.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Might have been better for FIFA to suggest we paid the remaining money into an escrow account until the criminal investigation and court case are complete.
    I agree. Cant trust Nantes as far as we could throw them.

I'm sure Neil was unaware of these goings on.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    They have already said that they will pay and that the money is deposited in this country ready.
    Is that a fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Yes, we need to support OUR team and not continually decry them. Personally, I see a refreshingly improved structure at the club right now from director level through to management and players.
    The structure hasn't changed, there is just a new manager and coaching staff. Still one dictator in charge with a chairman and CEO who can't make decisions.

Statement seems to be left hanging, not actually saying what they would do. The other business just shows how grubby all these agents are, getting huge fees for next to nothing.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Statement seems to be left hanging, not actually saying what they would do. The other business just shows how grubby all these agents are, getting huge fees for next to nothing.
    It implies they are seeking further clarification before paying due to an ongoing police investigation, fair enough really.

Hopefully, FIFA will insist on the money going in some sort of holding account until the Nantes problems are settled.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Sanogo was one of the agents involved with Mackay on the Sala deal, pretty sure same guy. Not sure on the other.
    Is it just me or do other people think that mckay is a bit Teflon in all this?? Has he been held to account for this part in this including the flights

Christ what a mess.

I've always felt the club should have paid up, but it's easy to say when it's not your money and I can understand why they've been pushing back and asking questions. It must be a particularly bitter pill to swallow to hand over such a sum to alleged criminals and there has been something suspect about Nantes throughout the whole affair. I remember their fans at the time raising concerns about their owner and the way the club treated Sala. McKay was acting on behalf of Nantes, you've got another one of the agents in police custody alongside Nantes CEO, you can see why the club are aggrieved

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It implies they are seeking further clarification before paying due to an ongoing police investigation, fair enough really.

Hopefully, FIFA will insist on the money going in some sort of holding account until the Nantes problems are settled.
    I would have thought the headline: Today, FIFA ordered Cardiff City FC to pay the 2nd and 3rd instalments of the transfer fee for Emiliano Sala to FC Nantes as expected. Together with "In the circumstances, the Club considers that it would have been fairer if the requirement to pay FC Nantes had been deferred" in the past tense suggests they have been told to pay the instalments on the required schedule.

The stuff about Nantes and dirty money just gave the opportunity for a bit of a whinge and a free shot at painting Cardiff as the wronged party here.

This article suggests that the Nantes naughty stuff was about purchases not sales.

https://newsinfrance.com/franck-kita...ntes-indicted/

The facts relate in particular to transfers of players to FC Nantes between 2015 and 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

Yes putting th money into a holding account with Fifa or a law firm seems like the best idea

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I would have thought the headline: Today, FIFA ordered Cardiff City FC to pay the 2nd and 3rd instalments of the transfer fee for Emiliano Sala to FC Nantes as expected. Together with "In the circumstances, the Club considers that it would have been fairer if the requirement to pay FC Nantes had been deferred" in the past tense suggests they have been told to pay the instalments on the required schedule.

The stuff about Nantes and dirty money just gave the opportunity for a bit of a whinge and a free shot at painting Cardiff as the wronged party here.

This article suggests that the Nantes naughty stuff was about purchases not sales.

The facts relate in particular to transfers of players to FC Nantes between 2015 and 2018.
    Yes we will pay it or have paid it but reluctantly, it may be seized by the police for the time being.

As long as the embargo is lifted next year we'll have to wait and see what eventually unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

The article notes the incoming transfer issues occurred between 2015-2018; Sala played for Nantes between 2015 and 2019. I wonder if his transfer is under investigation and what the implications might be it it were found to be dodgy.

If the money is threre to pay it just f*cking pay it and move on ffs. Enough of this saga already. Its like the dark cloud following around Charlie Brown. 4 years weve had of this soap opera.

TAN OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I'm sure Neil was unaware of these goings on.
    Yeah, stinks to high heaven all around but he’s got a lot of questions to answer too given the relationship with McKay (and sons)

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    That would seem the most sensible way forward to me.
    I would be very reluctant to just hand over the remaining instalments, then have to try and get it back from Nantes in the event of a successful prosecution for wrong doing of the people concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It doesn't say that at all. They have already said that they will pay and that the money is deposited in this country ready. Plus they have said in the statement that they were expecting this ruling anyway.
    I'm not sure the money 'is deposited in this country ready'.

The club/Dalman explanation for the late payment of the first instalment that led to the EFL 3 window transfer restriction was that there were unexpected difficulties in getting the money out of Malaysia (maybe after Tan had sold assets or shares....?). He gave assurances that those problems had been overcome - so that there would not be a late payment and more sanctions in the future.

He didn't say the money for the 2nd and/or 3rd fee payment to Nantes was 'in this country' or that it is in a form that could be paid immediately. I assume the club will pay, and that they won't screw it up this time. But there may still be some work to do behind the scenes before the payments are made. The club may even let us know when it has been done, and that the risk of a further embargo has gone away? But that would require prompt, effective and clear communications.... so maybe wishful thinking.