+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: French riots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

French riots

Absolutely crazy what's going on there. Reminiscent of the UK riots from 2011 but it seems on an even larger scale.

Re: French riots

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Absolutely crazy what's going on there. Reminiscent of the UK riots from 2011 but it seems on an even larger scale.
    Macrons days must be finally coming to an end this time ?

The French police have always had a very poor reputation with the housing projects

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Macrons days must be finally coming to an end this time ?
    Not anytime soon I don't think, no elections for a few years.

Not really crazy when you find out what the end game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Oh come on the suspense is killing me. Do tell.

I've looked extensively across the mainstream media and also the not so mainstream stuff and I still don't know. Please do tell us what the end game is, oh bloke on a football message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    I've looked extensively across the mainstream media and also the not so mainstream stuff and I still don't know. Please do tell us what the end game is, oh bloke on a football message board.
    I don't want to spoil the ending for you!

What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    What is it?
    Subjugation.

45,000 police on the streets of France tonight..

At least they’re working for once, not striking. Are they in Gillet Noir tonight? Or Gillet Jeunes?

We are approaching the reckoning.

Fancy cancelling buses and late night trams .

Does he thinks he's Drakeford?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We are approaching the reckoning.

Fancy cancelling buses and late night trams .

Does he thinks he's Drakeford?
    😂 I don’t there is a comparison. As much as he is a little Napoleon the man is intelligent. He attended the elite French E’Cole school, and worked at the Rothchilds bank in Mergers and Acquisitions. The man’s brain is massive, even it results in him being socially distant from the average man (and woman, agender, transgender, gender neutral, two spirit, non-binary, gay, lesbian, bisexual, cat and moon).

Drakeford on the other hand? Lordy god. He was just a social worker, now doing the bidding of others. He stands there, half stooped over as if he trying to observe his appendage. A bit like a poundshop Douglas Hurd - without a brain.

Still, he has a red rosette so the local pork will vote for his red lemmings, in whichever seat they choose to infest. The only way to get rid of Drakeford is to call Rentokil. Expensive job though, trying to poison that much mass. It’ll take more than the average vermin trap. Not sure I would want “the bill for the kill.”

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    😂 I don’t there is a comparison. As much as he is a little Napoleon the man is intelligent. He attended the elite French E’Cole school, and worked at the Rothchilds bank in Mergers and Acquisitions. The man’s brain is massive, even it results in him being socially distant from the average man (and woman, agender, transgender, gender neutral, two spirit, non-binary, gay, lesbian, bisexual, cat and moon).

Drakeford on the other hand? Lordy god. He was just a social worker, now doing the bidding of others. He stands there, half stooped over as if he trying to observe his appendage. A bit like a poundshop Douglas Hurd - without a brain.

Still, he has a red rosette so the local pork will vote for his red lemmings, in whichever seat they choose to infest. The only way to get rid of Drakeford is to call Rentokil. Expensive job though, trying to poison that much mass. It’ll take more than the average vermin trap. Not sure I would want “the bill for the kill.”
    I am more than happy to put down rat pellets for the Tories in Wales

And the bill is on me

Just say when

�� I don’t there is a comparison. As much as he is a little Napoleon the man is intelligent. He attended the elite French E’Cole school, and worked at the Rothchilds bank in Mergers and Acquisitions. The man’s brain is massive, even it results in him being socially distant from the average man (and woman, agender, transgender, gender neutral, two spirit, non-binary, gay, lesbian, bisexual, cat and moon).
    If his brain is massive then Cameron & Osborne must have brains the size of a small nation.

Lol. This thread has drawn all the beauties in.

😂 I don’t there is a comparison. As much as he is a little Napoleon the man is intelligent. He attended the elite French E’Cole school, ...
    Macron twice failed to get into the École normale supérieure in Paris. He eventually got to the tried and trusted pathway to politics by attending ENA. This was so much seen as a "snob" school that he abolished it as a token man of the people gesture and replaced it with something else (though in the end probably closer to the equivalent of changing Windscale's name to Sellafield).

It'll blow over, but I don't think France has seen violence like this, for this reason, for many years so it is notable

Feel for the innocent residents think this puts it into perspective:

Nanterre's young residents, Nahel, has been shot dead at a police check?

"This rioting has nothing to do with what happened. Of course, the kid shouldn't have been killed. But what was he doing joyriding without a licence at eight o'clock in the morning, when children are going to school?"

Marie looks at a smashed bus-shelter daubed with graffiti that reads "one cop, one bullet".

"You see what it says there? That I am completely against. I don't think the police are racist. There are good and bad in every group of people," she says.

They have little time for the dead teenager's mother, Mounia, who took part in a mass march in memory of Nahel on Thursday.

"What was she doing up on that open-top van in the march? It was undignified. That wasn't a march of grief. She's playing politics." The others nod in agreement.

"The boy wasn't known for anything. Just for being a yob."

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Feel for the innocent residents think this puts it into perspective:

Nanterre's young residents, Nahel, has been shot dead at a police check?

"This rioting has nothing to do with what happened. Of course, the kid shouldn't have been killed. But what was he doing joyriding without a licence at eight o'clock in the morning, when children are going to school?"

Marie looks at a smashed bus-shelter daubed with graffiti that reads "one cop, one bullet".

"You see what it says there? That I am completely against. I don't think the police are racist. There are good and bad in every group of people," she says.

They have little time for the dead teenager's mother, Mounia, who took part in a mass march in memory of Nahel on Thursday.

"What was she doing up on that open-top van in the march? It was undignified. That wasn't a march of grief. She's playing politics." The others nod in agreement.

"The boy wasn't known for anything. Just for being a yob."
    As the mother of a young man shot by the police then if she wants to go on a march then that's fine

Not in your view but we know your a right wing jellyhead

Nothing to see here , move along

Animals have been let out of a zoo and somebody has fired an RPG at the police.

WTF is going on there?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Have a friend who has moved from Paris to Canton with his girlfriend (Canton girl).
    He cant believe how cheap it is for food over here. He says there are parts of Paris that are no go zones for the Police - and are controlled by gangs. The shooting of that kid hasnt helped - but the opinion of most French police is - they are up for the scrap, have had enough of gangs and of macron.
    There was an interesting response from the French Police last night - which effectively said bring it on

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Have a friend who has moved from Paris to Canton with his girlfriend (Canton girl).
    He cant believe how cheap it is for food over here. He says there are parts of Paris that are no go zones for the Police - and are controlled by gangs. The shooting of that kid hasnt helped - but the opinion of most French police is - they are up for the scrap, have had enough of gangs and of macron.
    There was an interesting response from the French Police last night - which effectively said bring it on
    Does your mate know where the protestors got their automatic weapons from?