+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fara-Go

Re: Fara-Go

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A public school educated former market trader, a true man of the people. However, Farage is definitely the wronged party here and you really have to wonder about the bank’s actions as he would be the last person you’d want to get caught closing down their account for political reasons - Farage will milk the situation for all it’s worth and he has the media means and backing to do that for a very long time.

For too much of my life, I had the opinion that people in positions of power in all facets of life were more intelligent and had more nous than us ordinary types - I was wrong, the last few years have proved this, episodes like this onlyfurther confirm what is now obvious.
    I haven't really followed the story but I don't think they have done anything illegal in closing his account.

Their actions since have been unbelievably stupid though.

Every day normal people are assessed and turned down by banks for accounts/products and it seems that the banks have no legal duty to explain to anybody what influences that decision.. that should be the real story not 'muh free speecch'..

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Banking CEOs survived libor, mega mis-selling, organised COVID fraud and the rest.

And were brought down by a serial liar losing his posh man bank account.

How very British. When will we start caring about things that actually matter?
    Im sure Bob diamond CEO of Barclays was sacked because of Libor

So Bob - you run a business and have a business account - you are known publicly for your political and footballing opinion.
    You posted on here or social media some rather inflammatory things about other people and them daring to have think differently than you. Maybe your bank will have a review of you - and shut you down, an alleged painter and decorator in Cowbridge could soon follow you.

I think Farage is doing everyone a favour here - there are plenty of people who have been taken down. Farrage has dismantled the Coutts / NatWest policy bit by bit.

ps public school - Jeremy Corbyn and son/s went to grammar school. Keir Mather lastest Labout MP - fee paying school then given a job by his mate Wes.

Farrage was a trader on the metals exchange - he still had to turn a profit.

As for Dame X - 5.2 million salary plus roles and many Govt advisory committees - all gone - because she or someone close to her opened his account details for no reason, then couldnt keep her mouth shut. Personally im glad she got p1ssed and spouted off - as it has bought down this whole charade.

I have worked with bankers and stock traders - some very intelligent and savvy - some just chancers with other peoples money.
    Farage not been a trader for some quite considerable time.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Im sure Bob diamond CEO of Barclays was sacked because of Libor
    I hear he is destitute now.

So Bob - you run a business and have a business account - you are known publicly for your political and footballing opinion.
    You posted on here or social media some rather inflammatory things about other people and them daring to have think differently than you. Maybe your bank will have a review of you - and shut you down, an alleged painter and decorator in Cowbridge could soon follow you.

I think Farage is doing everyone a favour here - there are plenty of people who have been taken down. Farrage has dismantled the Coutts / NatWest policy bit by bit.

ps public school - Jeremy Corbyn and son/s went to grammar school. Keir Mather lastest Labout MP - fee paying school then given a job by his mate Wes.

As for Dame X - 5.2 million salary plus roles and many Govt advisory committees - all gone - because she or someone close to her opened his account details for no reason, then couldnt keep her mouth shut. Personally im glad she got p1ssed and spouted off - as it has bought down this whole charade.

I have worked with bankers and stock traders - some very intelligent and savvy - some just chancers with other peoples money.
    Do you think it should be illegal for private entity's to decide who they do and don't do business with?

You are conflating two issues here.

Should they go chatting shit about peoples circumstances and revealing sensitive information - obviously no.

Can they decide they don't want Farage to have an account - I think currently they can, should they? not sure but if it applies to them then it surely applies across the board, to every person and every business.

Do you have any legal right to know how you are credit scored or assigned risk for insurance etc. currently under UK law. I don't think you do.. Maybe you should..

The problem I have with this is that Farage and his right wing media platoon don't actually want to open up that particular can of worms. They just want to scream victim like every other day of the year.

That Coronavirus thread on here is unbelievable, such inflammatory comments that are totally embarrassing looking back. Nobody’s, installing themselves as self appointed government deputies.

Is this addressed to me? What an odd message.

I hear he is destitute now.
    He was lucky he didnt go to prison, from there was a court case of a couple of traders - I think they went down for it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is this addressed to me? What an odd message.
    Citing you as an example. If you were shut down by your bank for voicing your political opinion on social media - you'd be spitting feathers (as well blaming Thatcher obviously).

You may dislike Farage for his politics - but ironically he's doing you a favour - as he is everyone else.

Citing you as an example. If you were shut down by your bank for voicing your political opinion on social media - you'd be spitting feathers (as well blaming Thatcher obviously).

You may dislike Farage for his politics - but ironically he's doing you a favour - as he is everyone else.
    I said Farage was the wronged party - I find him an odious individual and I hate his politics, but they shouldn’t be a reason for his bank to close his account. That said, you’re hardly comparing like for like when you equate me spouting left wing politics on a football messageboard with the actions of someone I’ve heard called the most important British political figure of the twenty first century.

“As well as blaming Thatcher obviously”?

I haven't really followed the story but I don't think they have done anything illegal in closing his account.

Their actions since have been unbelievably stupid though.

Every day normal people are assessed and turned down by banks for accounts/products and it seems that the banks have no legal duty to explain to anybody what influences that decision.. that should be the real story not 'muh free speecch'..

Do you think it should be illegal for private entity's to decide who they do and don't do business with?

You are conflating two issues here.

Should they go chatting shit about peoples circumstances and revealing sensitive information - obviously no.

Can they decide they don't want Farage to have an account - I think currently they can, should they? not sure but if it applies to them then it surely applies across the board, to every person and every business.

Do you have any legal right to know how you are credit scored or assigned risk for insurance etc. currently under UK law. I don't think you do.. Maybe you should..

The problem I have with this is that Farage and his right wing media platoon don't actually want to open up that particular can of worms. They just want to scream victim like every other day of the year.
    You do know some of the sort of people that allegedly have accounts with Coutts ? - would you compare General Pinochet with Farage ?

Banks dont set the rules - the FCA / UK Govt
    re Do you have any legal right to know how you are credit scored or assigned risk for insurance - I think you do - that is why he issues a SAR against them - just like you can do with your bank.

You do know some of the sort of people that allegedly have accounts with Coutts ? - would you compare General Pinochet with Farage ?

Banks dont set the rules - the FCA / UK Govt
    re Do you have any legal right to know how you are credit scored or assigned risk for insurance - I think you do - that is why he issues a SAR against them - just like you can do with your bank.
    And they will reveal their scoring/risk algorithm to you?

And they will reveal their scoring/risk algorithm to you?
    No but they tend to use things like chexsystem when you initially apply. You as an individual can also request the same the report. They dont check which way you have voted etc - especially as banks likes Coutts deal with a lot of overseas clientele.

Post successful application - if they want to 'exit' you - they need to give a reason (IIRC). In these case they made up some BS, SAR went in - and they had to reveal all the internal comms they had on him. Which from what Ive seen looks libellous.

It wont be Farrage that does for them - it will be the ICO - in my opinion.

Flavel now gone

Next one up on the block before tomorrows board meeting is Peter Flavel - Head of Coutts - now resigned.
    I think Howard Davies will probably be next - head of Governance I think.

They think by resigning that is the end of it - it isnt - ICO havent started yet - they are going to have a field day with Coutts / Nat West and their board, max fine 7% of global turnover.

Re: Flavel now gone

Next one up on the block before tomorrows board meeting is Peter Flavel - Head of Coutts - now resigned.

They think by resigning that is the end of it - it isnt - ICO havent started yet - they are going to have a field day with Coutts / Nat West and their board, max fine 7% of global turnover.
    Doesn't the state, the UK government on behalf of UK citizens, still own nearly 40% of Nat West?

I don't understand the range of powers of the ICO to fine organisations for data breaches, but wouldn't what you are suggesting be one arm of government partly fining another arm of government? Has that happened before?

From the ICO:

For serious breaches of the data protection principles, we have the power to issue fines of up to £17.5 million or 4% of your annual worldwide turnover, whichever is higher. In line with our regulatory action policy, we take a risk-based approach to enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Doesn't the state, the UK government on behalf of UK citizens, still own nearly 40% of Nat West?

I don't understand the range of powers of the ICO to fine organisations for data breaches, but wouldn't what you are suggesting be one arm of government partly fining another arm of government? Has that happened before?

From the ICO:

For serious breaches of the data protection principles, we have the power to issue fines of up to £17.5 million or 4% of your annual worldwide turnover, whichever is higher. In line with our regulatory action policy, we take a risk-based approach to enforcement.
    4% for GDPR - I thought they could fine more for other issues (IIRC - anyways)

From memory - DWP have been fined as well as other Gov depts - it matters not who they are - it applies to all.
    In NatWest case - we are the largest shareholder - so we are just a shareholder not an owner or data controller or data user. The book will be thrown at them - in my opinion.

You are acting like this is the first data protection breach ever.

Erm no Im not - but this one is particularly interesting. Coutts and other banks have been doing this for a while it seems - to any one they deem not to like.

There will be thousands of SAR requests going to the top 5 banks from people who have had their accounts closed and also just to find out what personal information the bank holds.

So - no dramas from me - just more than a passing interest in the subject - if that's ok with your good self obviously ?

No need to feel much sympathy for the blonde bombshell, 5 very very large as a pay off for her unprofessional conduct.

Erm no Im not - but this one is particularly interesting. Coutts and other banks have been doing this for a while it seems - to any one they deem not to like.

There will be thousands of SAR requests going to the top 5 banks from people who have had their accounts closed and also just to find out what personal information the bank holds.

So - no dramas from me - just more than a passing interest in the subject - if that's ok with your good self obviously ?
    Ah it's all a big conspiracy. I see. Is it just publicity obsessed serial liars like Farage or are ordinary people affected?

Good to see Farage has found a new grift anyway. How long until he is asking for donations so he can take the fight to them?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...tedition_email

Well done Farage for taking them on and winning , especially after so many were so quick to kick him,one should never be banned for having a belief however awful it may sound to you .

He is nothing but a driven individual and believes in what he says probably more honest than most .

No no no no - you cant say things like that on here - you'll upset Eric Carthorse for a start, that will trigger Wilson to have a fit which will in turn make Sludge start calling everyone Tory scum.

Even poor old Emily Maitlis on the beeb cant accept that maybe, just maybe - Farage has done something for all of us - who would have backed away (estimated figures are 10,000 people / businesses have been exited - for no reason other than the way they wanted to vote).

What an utter scum bag that Farage bloke is.