+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Harris leaves

Re: Mark Harris leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    David Marshall’s nickname is Boggy so …..!
    Was it? I'd never heard of that before (boggy marsh, I do get it) . Nevertheless, Marshall had done enough at the club to endear himself to the fans, whereby they felt it appropriate to give him a nickname (if true? ) .
    'Psycho' - Jason Perry...
    Uh, the list isn't long and distinguished.
    So, there's definitely no place for 'Sparky' Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Was it? I'd never heard of that before (boggy marsh, I do get it) . Nevertheless, Marshall had done enough at the club to endear himself to the fans, whereby they felt it appropriate to give him a nickname (if true? ) .
    'Psycho' - Jason Perry...
    Uh, the list isn't long and distinguished.
    So, there's definitely no place for 'Sparky' Harris.
    He should retrain as an electrician.

He'd have done a job for us a squad player, I'm sorry to see him go. He was good off the bench. He'll make a good living from the game. Whether it is the right decision to let him go, very much depends upon his replacement.

Some of the moronic twitter accounts celebrating him leaving makes you ashamed to be a Bluebird. There really are some very stupid, ignorant people who think they are 'a thing'.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He should retrain as an electrician.
    He still wouldn't be able to hold a light to Carl Dale.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    He'd have done a job for us a squad player, I'm sorry to see him go. He was good off the bench. He'll make a good living from the game. Whether it is the right decision to let him go, very much depends upon his replacement.

Some of the moronic twitter accounts celebrating him leaving makes you ashamed to be a Bluebird. There really are some very stupid, ignorant people who think they are 'a thing'.
    Did he score many goals for us coming off the bench?

He still wouldn't be able to hold a light to Carl Dale.
    The Car Dale, before his injury, was very unlucky not to play at a higher level. A top player. We should start a thread on 'the best Gogs to play for us'. It could be particularly relevant with the Levitt rumours, although again I can see how it is practicable given he's under contract and a transfer fee would be due.

Is Carl still working as an electrician? He was living in Bassaleg, wasn't he?

Was it? I'd never heard of that before (boggy marsh, I do get it) . Nevertheless, Marshall had done enough at the club to endear himself to the fans, whereby they felt it appropriate to give him a nickname (if true? ) . .
    I was fortunate enough to be asked to present the goal of the season award on behalf of the 27 club, for that goal by Mark Hudson. However, he wasn’t there as his wife was running the London marathon the next day. So, Boggy collected it on his behalf. That’s when I found out about his nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post

I can get a reason to keep him and not keep him. In a forward line that struggled last season he was still some way off it tho.

I don’t get people why people would celebrate though. He worked hard, did his best. What else can we ask for from a youth product if they don’t have the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I can get a reason to keep him and not keep him. In a forward line that struggled last season he was still some way off it tho.

I don’t get people why people would celebrate though. He worked hard, did his best. What else can we ask for from a youth product if they don’t have the talent.
    I agree with all of that. Although, I have some sympathy with all of our forward players as our midfield creativity was our greatest weakness

It was a 52:48 call for me.

I would have preferred Harris to stay. I understand the arguments about end product and creating squad spaces.

But he worked hard, had some pace, occupied defenders, scored some good goals (not enough), was an Academy product (always due a bit more leeway) and was an OK option, especially off the bench. Not a great loss, but still would have liked him to stay and play at his best under Bulut.

But, hey - I hope he has a decent career somewhere else (Derby, Blackburn.... maybe even Sheffield Wednesday given our recent history). And I hope we recruit better!

Decent fella, fair play. Often reminded me of Phil Stant. Without the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Decent fella, fair play. Often reminded me of Phil Stant. Without the goals.
    What a bizarre comparison. The way Harris plays bears no resemblance whatsoever to the way Stant played. Not even remotely similar.

To be fair many posters have admitted that Harry Kane would struggle to score goals for us over the last 3 years or so. I hope Bulut can change our playing style to be more creative up front

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    So apart from the consistency, the goals, the close control and the ability to hold up the ball......what have the Romans ever done for us??
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Good luck Sparky, whoever you end up. Thanks for your efforts in thankless times.
    This.

And I wonder what the “Rhys Healey leaves” thread looked like.

Will be rooting for him to do well wherever he goes (just not against us).

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    This.

And I wonder what the “Rhys Healey leaves” thread looked like.

Will be rooting for him to do well wherever he goes (just not against us).
    He will find his level, which I think is in league two rather than league one.
    He worked hard and gave 100% when he played, but isn’t that the minimum we should expect?

Good luck to the lad, but in reality he isn’t what we need right now if we’re going to get away from just hanging on in the Championship.

We need better players right throughout the squad

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    He will find his level, which I think is in league two rather than league one.
    He worked hard and gave 100% when he played, but isn’t that the minimum we should expect?

Good luck to the lad, but in reality he isn’t what we need right now if we’re going to get away from just hanging on in the Championship.

We need better players right throughout the squad
    I don’t think anyone will disagree with you, let’s hope that we can employ those “better players”, we need some evidence and quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What a bizarre comparison. The way Harris plays bears no resemblance whatsoever to the way Stant played. Not even remotely similar.

Like comparing acid with alkaline. Totally different.
    Oh to have had Phil stant last season in our midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Like comparing acid with alkaline. Totally different.
    Oh to have had Phil stant last season in our midfield
    If wed had Phil Stant in our midfield last season wed definitely have been relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If wed had Phil Stant in our midfield last season wed definitely have been relegated.
    Exactly, apart from the fact that he was never good enough for the level we're at now, he must be pushing 60.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

The unfortunate situation in recent times is we release players we feel aren’t up to the job only to bring in others who are far inferior.

Harris was like a bargain basement Paul Brayson

Useful utility player

But not championship standard

Nothing wrong with being a good league one player

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The unfortunate situation in recent times is we release players we feel aren’t up to the job only to bring in others who are far inferior.
    In fairness, that’s unlikely to be the case with Harris. After all, he couldn’t pin down a regular starting place in the most sterile attack the club has had in decades. If City can’t do better than him then relegation is a certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In fairness, that’s unlikely to be the case with Harris. After all, he couldn’t pin down a regular starting place in the most sterile attack the club has had in decades. If City can’t do better than him then relegation is a certainty.
    Someone on here mentioned Millwall, I’d be very happy if he was their main striker next season.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Someone on here mentioned Millwall, I’d be very happy if he was their main striker next season.
    Twitter thinks Blackburn and Derby are keen on him.