+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Championship player since 2004 according to the Second Tier podcast.

Best Championship player since 2004 according to the Second Tier podcast.

Just listened to the top 20 countdown on a podcast which has the habit of annoying me and was getting increasingly vexed as it approached the number one spot - I shouldn’t have worried, the two presenters said there was no competition for the best ever spot. They gave Whitts a really nice and perceptive tribute - glad to see his brilliance was appreciated elsewhere.

Who do you reckon were the two other former City men in the top ten?

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Ri...TSejICWrSsmyig

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6vw...RSu7w7Hpg1IizQ

Re: Best Championship player since 2004 according to the Second Tier podcast.

Bellers
    Kav

Koumas
    Bothroyd

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Koumas
    Bothroyd
    Koumas second loan here was poor.

I can remember one of his goals probably in his first loan where he slipped in the penalty box but still managed to get up and getthe ball from the defender and score

No one’s got either player yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post

I can remember one of his goals probably in his first loan where he slipped in the penalty box but still managed to get up and getthe ball from the defender and score
    That was against Ipswich in a televised game.

Marshall
    Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Marshall
    Hudson
    Nope.

I wouldn’t have got either of them, but we make the mistake of only thinking in terms of City.

An interesting list.

I agree 100% with their top 2 (Whits is the GOAT), but not convinced by the inclusion or order of a lot of the others. The two other Cardiff players are contentious inclusions. One I wouldn't have in my Top 20 at all; the other did a lot of his best work in the Premier League. And for some mad reason they've overlooked Gavin Rae!

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post

Yes it was poor. However he was superb 1st spell and of course there were other seasons he wasnt our player.

Ramsey Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    An interesting list.

I agree 100% with their top 2 (Whits is the GOAT), but not convinced by the inclusion or order of a lot of the others. The two other Cardiff players are contentious inclusions. One I wouldn't have in my Top 20 at all; the other did a lot of his best work in the Premier League. And for some mad reason they've overlooked Gavin Rae!
    I think they’re both justified selections although I take your point about the one with plenty of Premier League experience - if the other one is contentious, I’d say it’s because he never won anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Ramsey Bellamy
    No.

Zaha? I presume he played for Palace in the Championship.

Zaha? I presume he played for Palace in the Championship.
    No.

Heaton
    Le Fondre

Ricky Lambert?

Earnie has to be there right?

Will plump for chopra in second. Great championship but not premiership player

Still no one has named either of the other two players.

Kasper?

Bobby Reid?

Cameron Jerome

McCormack Tomlin

Kasper?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    McCormack Tomlin
    Yes, Schmeichel was eighth I think, McCormack fifth and Whittingham first.