+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

Re: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

I hope he comes, but I do hold some reservations about it. I haven't seen Ramsey play club football for Nice, and I doubt many on here have either. Obviously there are reports on the games he has played, but there's nothing better than actually witnessing a performance.
    My concern are that his legs have gone. This doesn't just mean that a player can't run like they used to. It also has a lot to do with how they connect with a ball, get it down and in front of them, play with ease and comfort. Bale's legs had gone. He was struggling on the ball towards the end.

But, the romantic in me says yes to Ramsey, and why not? Shouldn't football be about getting excited about a signing, what that player could potentially offer? If the deal happens, and along with a couple of other signings with potential, then I will get excited about it, it will renew my hopes for the coming season. And, as football fans, that's how it should be

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Cardiff would be challenging for a top six place is a quote to put up there with Haaland is the new Cornelius
    Haaland may be one of the two or three signings that dml is referring to though………..

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Please...not another has been, injured player looking for a final payday.....
    A half fit Ramsey playing in wellies would be better than the shower of shyte we have in our current midfield

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Which is a big part of my concern with Ramsey... Wilson also looked crap here in a poor City team who hoofed the ball over his head most of the season, and had his fair share of people slagging him off. I hope under Bulut the same wouldn't happen to Ramsey, but between being in a poor team and the chance that he only plays about 50% of the games due to injuries or maintenance, it wouldn't surprise me to see him being turned on by our fans in depressingly predictable fashion.
    By "our fans" are you referring to the usual pessimistic bores on here who've already written him off?

Or do you mean our general fan base who've put up with some absolute ****ing dross the last 2 years and still backed the team and traveled in massive numbers all over the country every other week?

Ramsey will be absolutely idolised if he comes back here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I hope he comes, but I do hold some reservations about it. I haven't seen Ramsey play club football for Nice, and I doubt many on here have either. Obviously there are reports on the games he has played, but there's nothing better than actually witnessing a performance.
    My concern are that his legs have gone. This doesn't just mean that a player can't run like they used to. It also has a lot to do with how they connect with a ball, get it down and in front of them, play with ease and comfort. Bale's legs had gone. He was struggling on the ball towards the end.

But, the romantic in me says yes to Ramsey, and why not? Shouldn't football be about getting excited about a signing, what that player could potentially offer? If the deal happens, and along with a couple of other signings with potential, then I will get excited about it, it will renew my hopes for the coming season. And, as football fans, that's how it should be
    Getting it down and playing a decent ball, or just keeping possession should be ok in the championship though, he can still do that, he will have more time and be playing against weaker opponents than he did in the PL, for Juve, Nice or for Wales in the WC I think…..

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    By "our fans" are you referring to the usual pessimistic bores on here who've already written him off?

Or do you mean our general fan base who've put up with some absolute ****ing dross the last 2 years and still backed the team and traveled in massive numbers all over the country every other week?

Ramsey will be absolutely idolised if he comes back here.
    And rightly so, we should be thanking our lucky stars that he’s even considering coming back home
    Probably one of the best players ever to come through our youth set up.

The last paragraph sums it up for me. This is what football should be all about.

He's either telling us something, or he's getting unfollowed and is a prick

I went to school with a few lads that know Aaron pretty well, and I don't think it's the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Getting it down and playing a decent ball, or just keeping possession should be ok in the championship though, he can still do that, he will have more time and be playing against weaker opponents than he did in the PL, for Juve, Nice or for Wales in the WC I think…..
    You would hope so, and I'm sure that if he does come that his class and vision will show through, he really is a gifted footballer. We've all seen top level players who are done though, it's an odd one, the brain still works quicker than the rest but the body just won't produce. I'm not saying that Ramsey is at that point, but he is on the slide now. The last thing I would want to see is Ramsey diminishing before us.

You would hope so, and I'm sure that if he does come that his class and vision will show through, he really is a gifted footballer. We've all seen top level players who are done though, it's an odd one, the brain still works quicker than the rest but the body just won't produce. I'm not saying that Ramsey is at that point, but he is on the slide now. The last thing I would want to see is Ramsey diminishing before us.
    I also don't want to see Ramsey diminished before he signs for us. That would be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Haaland may be one of the two or three signings that dml is referring to though………..
    Must admit I hadn't pencilled in that option 😁

Okaaaaaaay! And what happened next???

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post

Okaaaaaaay! And what happened next???
    He's coming home

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    He's coming home

He's coming home
    Although with doubts, I am happy he is coming home to us. That said, “opened talks” is very early stages. A bit early to cream our Y-Fronts just yet.

By all accounts he has been offered a contract and needs to discuss it at home

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    By all accounts he has been offered a contract and needs to discuss it at home
    Number must have been lower than he thought then, has to check in with the wife. There's probably some boyhood club discount but I hope we didn't take the piss.

Who's the highest earner at the club you reckon? Robinson?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Number must have been lower than he thought then, has to check in with the wife. There's probably some boyhood club discount but I hope we didn't take the piss.

Who's the highest earner at the club you reckon? Robinson?
    He must have plenty of coin in the bank but will no doubt get other offers. Just depends if they fancy Caerphilly or the Costa Blanca.

Wasn't Rambo getting a reported £90k a week when he was up at Rangers?

I hope we are offering a long way below that.

‘Talks’ - what does that mean?

CCFC:Hey Aaron, would you like to play for the city?

Aaron: ‘No’

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    He must have plenty of coin in the bank but will no doubt get other offers. Just depends if they fancy Caerphilly or the Costa Blanca.

Wasn't Rambo getting a reported £90k a week when he was up at Rangers?

I hope we are offering a long way below that.
    Wasn’t he still in contract at Juventus so they were just paying part of his wage.

He’s out of contract now so his wage is zero. I’m sure he could still get a better pay day than us but hopefully he just wants to come home.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Wasn’t he still in contract at Juventus so they were just paying part of his wage.

He’s out of contract now so his wage is zero. I’m sure he could still get a better pay day than us but hopefully he just wants to come home.
    £20k should do it. Maybe £18k. But if we offer even less, maybe he has second thoughts? If he wanted the better pay day there's always Trabzonspor.

He's coming home
    Their "sources" also claimed Bamba was being appointed as the new manager.

£100k a week in Saudi for a plumber.

He was reportedly on 400k a week at Juve, should have plenty in the bank