+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

Re: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

The signing of Ramsey is the new Fauci files.....

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I get where he's coming from though. Other players you have to pursue, to convince. If Ramsey signs here it will be because it's probably something he/his agent has instigated.

I don't know, just getting Bale vibes.
    I've always been a believer in if someone's not particularly keen on signing for us then move on. Bulut needs to drive on with his Greek and Turkish exploration IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I've always been a believer in if someone's not particularly keen on signing for us then move on. Bulut needs to drive on with his Greek and Turkish exploration IMO.
    Agreed.

Surely what we can offer Ramsey is a bit more than our current top earner, apparently Robinson.

We can’t go blasting the budget for anyone.

Take it or leave it really

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Personally I think if he really wanted to sign for us he would’ve by now
    Why?

From his point of view, he may have offers from abroad that his family need to seriously think about. And even though he'll know he'd need to take a massive cut to pay for us, that doesn't mean him and his agent will sign a blank contract. Things still need to be negotiated and ironed out.

From the club's point of view, this will be a big signing that will likely have a huge impact on the rest of the wage budget. Signing Ramsey might mean we can't go for 2 or 3 other key targets, or vice versa. Negotiations and contracts don't happen overnight, and that's even without all the moving parts.

Both Declan Rice and West Ham all but announced he was going to Arsenal over a month ago, and it's still not done and dusted.

Things take time in modern football.

He's at Roath Park now! Someone go and ask him.

Don't send Dai Hunt though.

Its more like the length of the contract , or if its pay for what you play like his last contract we and he may have a problem as he is never going to deliver game after game playing time , as he is injury prone , or more like his body has had enough and cant deliver .

I get where he's coming from though. Other players you have to pursue, to convince. If Ramsey signs here it will be because it's probably something he/his agent has instigated.

I don't know, just getting Bale vibes.
    Ramsey might want a 2/3 year deal, we might have offered a short term deal. He might want a route into coaching, we might not be sure where. It takes time. Some people need to chill out. I’m pretty sure it’s going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Ramsey might want a 2/3 year deal, we might have offered a short term deal. He might want a route into coaching, we might not be sure where. It takes time. Some people need to chill out. I’m pretty sure it’s going to happen.
    Oh I'm pretty chill. After the Bale fiasco I'd rather we just didn't have all the rumour and speculation which he himself has cheekily added to.

We will see what happens.

Oh I'm pretty chill. After the Bale fiasco I'd rather we just didn't have all the rumour and speculation which he himself has cheekily added to.

We will see what happens.
    Most of that isn’t Ramsey’s fault. I don’t doubt for a moment he wants to come back but it has to be right for him.

One of the things that gives me hope is no one has come out and denied it. After the Bale debacle last year you’d think if it was unlikely of happening one of or both sides would come out and say so.

A year after the rumours with us, Bale was quick to shoot down any Wrexham talk when that came up. You’d think Ramsey would be smart to do the same for us if it wasn’t happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    One of the things that gives me hope is no one has come out and denied it. After the Bale debacle last year you’d think if it was unlikely of happening one of or both sides would come out and say so.

A year after the rumours with us, Bale was quick to shoot down any Wrexham talk when that came up. You’d think Ramsey would be smart to do the same for us if it wasn’t happening.
    there's a difference, bale is retired, presumably Ramsey wants a job next season, and he's got every right to keep his options open as long as he wants, as he will probably have much better offers than we are prepared to give him

A lot of people saying hes injury prone etc which i agree with , but last season he played 27 games in lique one which is above the championship in quality in my opinion , his quality on dead balls which we badly need , his experience at the highest level will transform our team , lets hope the hierarchy at the club dont mess this up if its doable as i think its the difference between an average season and a potentially good one

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler1927 View Post
    A lot of people saying hes injury prone etc which i agree with , but last season he played 27 games in lique one which is above the championship in quality in my opinion , his quality on dead balls which we badly need , his experience at the highest level will transform our team , lets hope the hierarchy at the club dont mess this up if its doable as i think its the difference between an average season and a potentially good one
    First post in 5 years.

The Ramsey effect

Seriously been reading most posts for years but my mobile won't let me sign in so I've used the works pc .. !!! Don't worry like Arnie ... I'll be back

I know people say things take time, but this post isn't even on the first page on here anymore

It's gone a bit too quiet for me

According to OGC Nice official website, Aaron Ramsey is listed on the 2023-24 squad list and say that he will return to training next week. This information was posted on their site on 10 July 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Silvers View Post
    According to OGC Nice official website, Aaron Ramsey is listed on the 2023-24 squad list and say that he will return to training next week. This information was posted on their site on 10 July 2023.
    The contract he was on was automatically extended following appearances last season. It wasn't a discretionary extension as far as I'm aware. It would need an agreement to cancel the contract.

Ramsey must be given an ultimatum - either sign by a set date or our deal is off. We must have time to secure an alternative and while Ramsey decides what to do we could be missing out on other signings. If Ramsey fails to sign this time we would not want him back in say a year or two years time. If he signs now that would be great but we can't afford to have a repeat of last year's Bale debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    The contract he was on was automatically extended following appearances last season. It wasn't a discretionary extension as far as I'm aware. It would need an agreement to cancel the contract.
    What if Nice won't cancel the contract or require a fee to cancel?

Then Ramsey stays at Nice. I'm sure these conversations have already been had though.

Then they will have an unhappy player on big money.

Then they will have an unhappy player on big money.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Then Ramsey stays at Nice. I'm sure these conversations have already been had though.
    Or another English club are prepared to pay for the contract extension to be cancelled and allow Ramsey to live in Cardiff.

Or another English club are prepared to pay for the contract extension to be cancelled and allow Ramsey to live in Cardiff.
    Of course.