+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

Re: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

He was talking to some people outside the Robin Hood, pub on Saturday evening and in answering the question about his future, he replied “watch this space”

He’d been for a meal with his wife in some posh eatery around there

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He was talking to some people outside the Robin Hood, pub on Saturday evening and in answering the question about his future, he replied “watch this space”

He’d been for a meal with his wife in some posh eatery around there
    Please Rambo don't blue ball us!

Well this time is a little different. As he said, he has missed his Mrs and rug rats. Bellamy said that just before he came here, whereas Bale did not.

I would say agreeing personal terms would be the only blocker but he is so wealthy he can scratch the last two years with us for 5-10k a week I think he’s ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Well this time is a little different. As he said, he has missed his Mrs and rug rats. Bellamy said that just before he came here, whereas Bale did not.

I would say agreeing personal terms would be the only blocker but he is so wealthy he can scratch the last two years with us for 5-10k a week I think he’s ours.
    surely we would be offering a lot more than 5k per week

His market value for wages would be higher for sure. But if he sees himself as wealthy enough, was doing a homecoming, he could cut a deal.

I think if it were me as Ramsey, and my motivation was being near kids and playing for my club, I would say “Make me your top earner, and give me £1-2m bonus if we are promoted, and leave it at that.”

Deals can be done and there are ways of cutting them. That is how I would cut mine if I were him. No risk to the club (heart), but an upside to represent my worth if my impact is that much of a gamechanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    His market value for wages would be higher for sure. But if he sees himself as wealthy enough, was doing a homecoming, he could cut a deal.

I think if it were me as Ramsey, and my motivation was being near kids and playing for my club, I would say “Make me your top earner, and give me £1-2m bonus if we are promoted, and leave it at that.”

Deals can be done and there are ways of cutting them. That is how I would cut mine if I were him. No risk to the club (heart), but an upside to represent my worth if my impact is that much of a gamechanger.
    A large slice of merchandise/shirt sales is normally a lever in these situations. My head says he's teasing us, but my heart would like to see him back - to be fair we got most of the way down the track with Bale last year before LA came in, so perhaps it's not that much of a stretch.

To have Ramsey for 20 to 30 games this season would be superb for a club with our current squad. Im still not convinced it’s going to happen mind.

I hope we are going to be paying a peppercorn wage for Ramsey if he does sign

Surely these top flight players have more money than they can possibly ever need ?

If I was as financially well off as they are these days I would play for the fun of it , money would be irrelevant

Aaron Ramsey has been my favourite footballer for more than a decade so, with one small concern, I’d love to see him playing for us again. That concern is that the player I’ve seen in the Wales team in our last four qualifiers is not one who looked like he could be a regular in a Ligue 1 team during the second half of last season (I also recall him struggling to get a game for Rangers in 21/22 I think it was) and yet he was doing that.

Ligue 1 is level down from the Premier League, but someone who plays every week in that division should be more than good enough to hold down a place in a Championship side, but then you look at some of Ramsey’s recent Wales displays and wonder if that is really the case?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The whole of the above post is utter, unadulterated, rubbish. With two or three additions, particularly including Ramsey, City would be challenging for a top six place. City have spent the last 11 or 12 years mainly challenging at the top end of the Championship or in the Premier League. so moaners like you now throwing the toys out of the pram like spoilt kids, after a couple of bad years, have obviously been spoilt too much since 2008. I would suggest that you watch some of the games from the 1980’s and 1990’s and and then you might actually appreciate what a crap team is.
    Cardiff would be challenging for a top six place is a quote to put up there with Haaland is the new Cornelius

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Aaron Ramsey has been my favourite footballer for more than a decade so, with one small concern, I’d love to see him playing for us again. That concern is that the player I’ve seen in the Wales team in our last four qualifiers is not one who looked like he could be a regular in a Ligue 1 team during the second half of last season (I also recall him struggling to get a game for Rangers in 21/22 I think it was) and yet he was doing that.

Ligue 1 is level down from the Premier League, but someone who plays every week in that division should be more than good enough to hold down a place in a Championship side, but then you look at some of Ramsey’s recent Wales displays and wonder if that is really the case?
    Very much the same.
    I hope this deal happens and that Ramsey comes because he's a legend.
    I'm not sure it'll be a success though. If he's fit and on form, I think there's a real risk that he'll be "too good" for the rest of the team. Others have mentioned that he sometimes is a step ahead of other players so they're not on the same wavelength. That could be magnified in this particular city side who couldn't pass the salt.
    If he's not fit then we could see the Ramsey we saw in the world cup, which would be a shame.
    That being said I do hope this deal happens (and from what he's said recently I think it will) and that my fears are wrong, still very excited about it and agree with others it'll have a positive impact on the youngsters. Maybe it'll also attract some better loanees, alongside giving the club a big boost commercially

Ramsey’s recent Wales displays and wonder if that is really the case?
    I’d ignore his performances for Wales, they’re an absolute rabble so you’d have to be world class to look good. Ramsey was a regular for Nice under Didier Digard. He’d be great for us.

Thought crossing my mind also. Thing is, Ramobo loves that defence-splitting pass for runners to latch on to. But would players of our standard read such moves? I remember Bellamy would get a vent-on when he played such balls but team mates wouldn’t read the clever moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I’d ignore his performances for Wales, they’re an absolute rabble so you’d have to be world class to look good. Ramsey was a regular for Nice under Didier Digard. He’d be great for us.
    Same, the likes of Wilson have looked equally awful for wales but would still be a huge signing at championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Same, the likes of Wilson have looked equally awful for wales but would still be a huge signing at championship level.
    Which is a big part of my concern with Ramsey... Wilson also looked crap here in a poor City team who hoofed the ball over his head most of the season, and had his fair share of people slagging him off. I hope under Bulut the same wouldn't happen to Ramsey, but between being in a poor team and the chance that he only plays about 50% of the games due to injuries or maintenance, it wouldn't surprise me to see him being turned on by our fans in depressingly predictable fashion.

Ramsey has been underwhelming at best for Wales recently, but who hasn't been? I can't think of anyone who has really taken games by the scruff of the neck.

Brennan Johnson is being touted for ££££ and whilst I appreciate some of that will be because of his age and therefore potential, he's not been a world beater for Wales either.

It's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Which is a big part of my concern with Ramsey... Wilson also looked crap here in a poor City team who hoofed the ball over his head most of the season, and had his fair share of people slagging him off. I hope under Bulut the same wouldn't happen to Ramsey, but between being in a poor team and the chance that he only plays about 50% of the games due to injuries or maintenance, it wouldn't surprise me to see him being turned on by our fans in depressingly predictable fashion.
    Wilson has 20 goal involvements (goals and assists) in his season with us, in probably 35 games or so. I'd be delighted if Ramsey is as crap.

Do you mean fans in the stadium as I'm not sure that despite some poor performances over the last couple of years that individual players have been singled out in the ground which is how it should be as it is counter productive and doesn't help anyone - yes there have been boos but aimed at team and management but not individuals (don't agree with this either but that's just me)

I, for one, would never turn on him.

Ramsey, Bellers and Whitts are my all time favourites of any team from any era. (I'm young see).

They can do no wrong in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Ramsey has been underwhelming at best for Wales recently, but who hasn't been? I can't think of anyone who has really taken games by the scruff of the neck.

Brennan Johnson is being touted for ££££ and whilst I appreciate some of that will be because of his age and therefore potential, he's not been a world beater for Wales either.
    He's coming isn't he? I've been told he is but my source is a 7 year old so I'd trust you more!

I don't think anyone would turn on him.
    It would just be a shame to see if it wasn't working, I'd imagine he'd just slope off in the background and we'd see less and less.
    But overthinking aside I hope he comes

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    He's coming isn't he? I've been told he is but my source is a 7 year old so I'd trust you more!
    7 year old knows more than me on this one mate.

I'd be more surprised if he doesn't sign but that's purely because from what I've heard or seen of the guy previously; and I think he'd have knocked it on the head by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    7 year old knows more than me on this one mate.

I'd be more surprised if he doesn't sign but that's purely because from what I've heard or seen of the guy previously; and I think he'd have knocked it on the head by now.
    Here's hopin'

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    surely we would be offering a lot more than 5k per week
    Yeah partic If Robinson is in 28