+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

Re: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    You can’t call Bale a mercenary.
    That’s outrageous.

He spent the vast majority of his career at 3 clubs, with the 4th trying and failing to keep in shape for the World Cup.
    I am not having that

He followed the money like most of them

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Think he means Bale
    I do

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's no longer a top flight player
    Exactly so to stay living at home, his options shrink to 2 or 3 clubs, apart from us the others are very unlikely…..

I am not having that

Southampton --- Spurs ( its progression )

Spurs --- Real Madrid ( no-one is turning down being a galáctico )

Real Madrid --- Spurs on Loan ( RM wanted him away, Spurs were the sensible move )

Real Madrid --- LAFC ( it was a sensible low risk move to try and get match fit for the World Cup imho, I know people will say he went for the money, but he didnt need the money and it wasnt that much anyway, reported to be $1,600,000 (£1,413,672), players are on close to that per week in Saudi )

Certainly doesnt look like the career of a mercenary to me

I am not having that

Or he stepped up his career to higher levels before enjoying the easy life?

I agree with you though, fancy making money from his talent and fulfilling boyhood dreams of scoring in Champions League Finals.

He should've remained loyal to Cardiff Civil Service and dribbled around dog shit on Pontcanna fields whilst working in a local Tesco Metro, part time.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    This "Amazing Skills, Tackles, Assists & Goals" video is mainly tackles but it's obvious how clever he is on the pitch. His anticipation and positioning. Doesn't need to be faster than the opposition when he's always one step ahead. MILES better than our current midfield.

thats a decent 22-23 highlight reel, he can certainly tackle still

anyone who thinks he will not massively improve our team must be mental

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

I agree with you though, fancy making money from his talent and fulfilling boyhood dreams of scoring in Champions League Finals.

He should've remained loyal to Cardiff Civil Service and dribbled around dog shit on Pontcanna fields whilst working in a local Tesco Metro, part time.
    I dont think he looks a Tesco's sort of bloke, more a Sainsbury's

Don't be a klutz

Just ending his career at his home town club instead of poncing about with the yanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Real Madrid --- Spurs on Loan ( RM wanted him away, Spurs were the sensible move )

Real Madrid --- LAFC ( it was a sensible low risk move to try and get match fit for the World Cup imho, I know people will say he went for the money, but he didnt need the money and it wasnt that much anyway, reported to be $1,600,000 (£1,413,672), players are on close to that per week in Saudi )

Reported to be my arse

Maybe he’ll go down the road that many others have done over the years in their chosen field. Start as a youngster working local, improve in your job, head hunted and move away to make big money. Having made the big money and set yourself up financially for life, see the plan out and move back home, keeping your nearest & dearest happy while still earning a decent wage, not as much as when you worked ‘away’ but more than enough to leave your nest egg untouched...........I’m hoping, aren’t I

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Maybe he’ll go down the road that many others have done over the years in their chosen field. Start as a youngster working local, improve in your job, head hunted and move away to make big money. Having made the big money and set yourself up financially for life, see the plan out and move back home, keeping your nearest & dearest happy while still earning a decent wage, not as much as when you worked ‘away’ but more than enough to leave your nest egg untouched...........I’m hoping, aren’t I
    Well if rambo does mull things over and decide for a couple of years in the Premier league ......then the whole football thing is a load of old bollocks

Don't be a klutz

Just ending his career at his home town club instead of poncing about with the yanks
    Perhaps he looked at his home town club this time last year and thought "Fuuck that, it's a shiit shop!"

Don't be a klutz

Maybe he realized that City wouldn’t have got much out of him as he was spent.

I also think he genuinely chose what he thought would be best for Wales heading to the World Cup (obviously didn’t work as hoped).

Perhaps he looked at his home town club this time last year and thought "Fuuck that, it's a shiit shop!"
    Perhaps he talked to the bloke who’s currently managing Hornchurch and thought ‘bollocks to that…’

😂

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Maybe he realized that City wouldn’t have got much out of him as he was spent.

I also think he genuinely chose what he thought would be best for Wales heading to the World Cup (obviously didn’t work as hoped).
    That may well be true

I just wish we didn't have to put up with all this smoke and mirrors nonsense

It's more hassle than buying a feckin house 🏡

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Perhaps he talked to the bloke who’s currently managing Hornchurch and thought ‘bollocks to that…’
    I'm not sure talking to him would've been necessary for Bale to come that decision.

Of course it is
    You should be an agent (or even a finance director) for Uber Eats Lique 1 club for all these great championship players, when teams like Brest are paying 35k a week you'd think they be hoovering up the talent from the championship! Lyon, Marseille, & Bordeaux are huge money bags clubs always in the Deloitte table.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

He was going to sign for a Chinese team for mega money tbf.

But I agree, not a mercenary.

I am not having that

What's wrong with a worker maximizing their earnings? Isn't it nice to see the money actually going to those who hold the means of production? Working class lads who have worked their bollocks off to become elite athletes and experts in what they do? Bringing joy, Happiness and escapism to millions of people, and the money filtering down to friends, families and communities. I chased money in my job, went to London for three years sadly, no ****er wanted to watch me doing my job, there were plenty who could do it and nobody subscribed to watch me or paid an admission fee. Gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What's wrong with a worker maximizing their earnings? Isn't it nice to see the money actually going to those who hold the means of production? Working class lads who have worked their bollocks off to become elite athletes and experts in what they do? Bringing joy, Happiness and escapism to millions of people, and the money filtering down to friends, families and communities. I chased money in my job, went to London for three years sadly, no ****er wanted to watch me doing my job, there were plenty who could do it and nobody subscribed to watch me or paid an admission fee. Gutted.
    Is this another back handed vote for the Premier league ?

It's a vote for hard work, dedication, world wide appeal, talent, sacrifice, and a market where the work force actually benefits for a change. If we're going to have capitalism with the gloves off, then it's of some comfort that those who can use the tools are rewarded handsomely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a vote for hard work, dedication, world wide appeal, talent, sacrifice, and a market where the work force actually benefits for a change. If we're going to have capitalism with the gloves off, then it's of some comfort that those who can use the tools are rewarded handsomely.
    Dear me

I'd rather see money go to some working class lads who've worked their bollocks off to get where they have done, rather than stay in the hands of some tossers from Eton who've never lifted a finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'd rather see money go to some working class lads who've worked their bollocks off to get where they have done, rather than stay in the hands of some tossers from Eton who've never lifted a finger.
    It doesn't quite work like that