+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: URGENT tradesmen working in Cardiff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: URGENT tradesmen working in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Pretty sure there's an annual pass trades can get for their vehicle that covers them for the year? Otherwise residents can book a visitor slot for them using their online account, so not really an issue. About time they brought it in though.
    I'm not aware that there is an annual pass but could see how that may benefit if the council think the 'note in the window' is being abused. Where did you get that information from?

Otherwise it is an issue as there are lots of times where the owner may not have an online account or even a car so you can't use their visitor hours (OAP's and tenants in general). Even then the council expect residents to pre book the hours that visitors are expected to be there even though they may have no idea what time they will arrive or how long a job will take.

Contractors also are expected to upload proof of the reason they need to be in the zone. Not everyone has jobs sheets for every job, so it may have to be texts emails or screen shots of conversations. Either way every one who has access to the permit scheme would be privy to lots of information that the homeowner or tenant may not want you to pass on.

It's a lot more complicated than the council appreciate in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I'm not aware that there is an annual pass but could see how that may benefit if the council think the 'note in the window' is being abused. Where did you get that information from?

Otherwise it is an issue as there are lots of times where the owner may not have an online account or even a car so you can't use their visitor hours (OAP's and tenants in general). Even then the council expect residents to pre book the hours that visitors are expected to be there even though they may have no idea what time they will arrive or how long a job will take.

Contractors also are expected to upload proof of the reason they need to be in the zone. Not everyone has jobs sheets for every job, so it may have to be texts emails or screen shots of conversations. Either way every one who has access to the permit scheme would be privy to lots of information that the homeowner or tenant may not want you to pass on.

It's a lot more complicated than the council appreciate in my opinion.
    I thought I'd read about an annual pass (at about £70) for trades when I got a letter from the council about resident parking renewal, but can't find anything online other than 1, 7, 14 or 28 day passes , that says its not the responsibility of residents to sort permits for them.

As far as I'm aware, all resident parking permits went digital this year using mipermit, so there shouldn't be anyone without an online account.

Some areas(around Canton in particular) have issues with contractors parking in resident zones in streets they're not working in, so anything that helps with that issue is hugely beneficial.

No if someone would do something about all the parking on double yellow lines and pedestrian crossings, that'd be handy too.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    I thought I'd read about an annual pass (at about £70) for trades when I got a letter from the council about resident parking renewal, but can't find anything online other than 1, 7, 14 or 28 day passes , that says its not the responsibility of residents to sort permits for them.

As far as I'm aware, all resident parking permits went digital this year using mipermit, so there shouldn't be anyone without an online account.

Some areas(around Canton in particular) have issues with contractors parking in resident zones in streets they're not working in, so anything that helps with that issue is hugely beneficial.

No if someone would do something about all the parking on double yellow lines and pedestrian crossings, that'd be handy too.
    The only reason a tradesman would park in a different street to the one he’s working in is because there was nowhere to park in the street. The point is, charging a fee will not solve the issue, tradesman will still be parking in residential bays, it’s just a revenue raiser for councils and the people that will suffer (financially )will be the residents in that are in those areas as the cost will be passed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    The only reason a tradesman would park in a different street to the one he’s working in is because there was nowhere to park in the street. The point is, charging a fee will not solve the issue, tradesman will still be parking in residential bays, it’s just a revenue raiser for councils and the people that will suffer (financially )will be the residents in that are in those areas as the cost will be passed on.
    You're assuming they're parking up for work reasons, rather than going to the shops, cafe etc. There are also occasions where four or five vans and cars will turn up for people working on renovations etc.

I think it will solve some of the issues, like the ones I mentioned above, but only if they employ more parking enforcement officers, and they're patrolling these zones more regularly (you would think this was a no brainer with the number of tickets they could give out every day, and the revenue that could generate).