+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sue Gray

Sue Gray

It doesn't look great for a party forever accusing others of corruption does it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66086668

Re: Sue Gray

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It doesn't look great for a party forever accusing others of corruption does it?

I don't support Labour (who are basically tory at this point), and I obviously dont support the tories.

But saying that trying to pretend that Labour are anywhere near as corrupt as the tories is laughable and makes you look thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I don't support Labour (who are basically tory at this point), and I obviously dont support the tories.

But saying that trying to pretend that Labour are anywhere near as corrupt as the tories is laughable and makes you look thick.
    The Tories are disingenuous twats

Calling this corruption, from someone who supports the most corrupt government in our history.

Extremely silly statement from HMG, but no surprise there.

There are 4 problems with it:

1. The properly constituted Acoba process said that Gov’t hadn’t provided any evidence of a breach of impartiality, even when asked

2. By contrast, HMG ‘investigation’ finds only a ‘prima facie’ case, in other words, nothing is proved;

3. There is no publicly available account of the standing of this ‘investigation’, of what its processes were, or how the conclusions were reached (in marked contrast to ACOBA). No evidence of any kind is adduced to support its findings.

4. Successive Govts have a long-standing convention of not commenting on personnel matters.

That now becomes harder to sustain in future cases thanks to this precedent.

And for what benefit to either the Gov’t or the wider public interest?

So in words that we can all understand, a load of old bollox.

The Tories are sh*****g themselves at the moment and are desperate. They realise the only recourse they have is to stirring up immigration and mud slinging. It won't work this time, the world has moved on.

Maybe be a bit more specific about how you think this is corruption?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Maybe be a bit more specific about how you think this is corruption?
    You have to realise that for a while now, James has been living with a genuine and heartfelt dilemma about which party should earn his vote in the next election. This could be the tipping point!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You have to realise that for a while now, James has been living with a genuine and heartfelt dilemma about which party should earn his vote in the next election. This could be the tipping point!
    I detect I change in him recently since he has been persuaded by good counsel on this board. My bet is he will vote Labour come the next election.

Sue Gray is a very interesting character strange initial job choice for English person in NI. I spy with my ?

https://news.sky.com/story/bandit-co...he-pm-12525575

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

I think my approach now, is to assume that when the default response is merely insults, that it's an acknowledgement that the person being insulted has a point.

Her independent report essentially led to Johnson losing his job. She is now working for the Labour party (her son is also an activist) and now it seems she broke civil service rules by not declaring the job offer?

Come on. If this story was reversed several on here would need to book in for heart bypass surgery you would be that excited with rage.

I merely think the Labour party are having us on if they are free of any scandal or corruption.

The Gray report is the reason Johnson is no longer PM???

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The Gray report is the reason Johnson is no longer PM???
    Not directly, but it was a huge deal and was published a month or so before he resigned as PM. No one is naive enough to think it wasn't a contributory factor.

And for her to then become a part of the opposition, when her report was criticised (unfairly in my opinion) as being a bit of stitch up...well, it's not a great look is it?

Not directly, but it was a huge deal and was published a month or so before he resigned as PM. No one is naive enough to think it wasn't a contributory factor.

And for her to then become a part of the opposition, when her report was criticised (unfairly in my opinion) as being a bit of stitch up...well, it's not a great look is it?
    You are pissed off because you think gray and Labour will get away with tory type behaviour

And you hope the story will run and cost labour votes

That's all you care about , your tory lot

If they pull it off I will be laughing 😂 my ass off

I'm not pissed off about it, but I do think:

1 / The Sue Gray report probably suffered from some kind of bias. The speed with which she started working for the Labour party is pretty dodgy.

2 / The two main parties are both equally susceptible to bad behaviour and there is a whiff of hypocrisy around

3 / I don't mind Labour winning the next election at all. I assume they will and they may get my vote. The key thing for me was Starmer to stop banging on about Brexit and he seems to be courting the working class vote by stopping going on about it and also stepping away from a lot of the more 'woke' stuff too. That said, I don't want a landslide. I don't think that's really good in any respect. Healthy majority is best.

1 / The Sue Gray report probably suffered from some kind of bias. The speed with which she started working for the Labour party is pretty dodgy.

2 / The two main parties are both equally susceptible to bad behaviour and there is a whiff of hypocrisy around

3 / I don't mind Labour winning the next election at all. I assume they will and they may get my vote. The key thing for me was Starmer to stop banging on about Brexit and he seems to be courting the working class vote by stopping going on about it and also stepping away from a lot of the more 'woke' stuff too. That said, I don't want a landslide. I don't think that's really good in any respect. Healthy majority is best.
    Don't insult my intelligence

You are a raving tory and there is as much chance of you voting Labour as me voting Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Don't insult my intelligence

You are a raving tory and there is as much chance of you voting Labour as me voting Conservative
    Your approach to politics is the same as the people down the City who shout at anyone who didn't go to Hartlepool away in 1991 or whatever and thus have no right to enjoy promotion to the premier league.

You are also wrong. I did vote Labour in the last council elections (and one Conservative) and its none of your business either way.

Your approach to politics is like we live in a one party state and people have to demonstrate how loyal they are to that party. You do that if you want, but you won't attract more voters to the Labour Party that way

The key is not being woke (?) and not being mean about brexit?

I must say, that is an extraordinarily strange set of priorities given what is going on in the UK/World right now.

So you don't think it was a stitch up but are happy to call it corruption now. I think you might need to go back to the drawing board on this one James.

Your approach to politics is the same as the people down the City who shout at anyone who didn't go to Hartlepool away in 1991 or whatever and thus have no right to enjoy promotion to the premier league.

You are also wrong. I did vote Labour in the last council elections (and one Conservative) and its none of your business either way.

Your approach to politics is like we live in a one party state and people have to demonstrate how loyal they are to that party. You do that if you want, but you won't attract more voters to the Labour Party that way
    I know and you know you are a tory and always will be

You are not a floating voter

It's pointless indulging in political debate with you

I am more than happy to vote liberal , green , Plaid in addition to labour to try and keep your lot out

I couldn't give a toss about labour party conferences , Tony benns fecking diary or women only shortlists

I just want you and your lot kept out of power

It's no more complicated than that

Labour may get my vote ?

Please feck off with this bullshit

So you don't think it was a stitch up but are happy to call it corruption now. I think you might need to go back to the drawing board on this one James.
    Well I did think it was unfair as she was an independent member of the civil service. Then she pretty quickly gets a job with the Labour party, perhaps not doing so by following due process, and it does raise some questions. I'm not sure it was thr wisest appointment by Starmer and I'm certain she wouldn't have got the job had her report come to a different conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Labour may get my vote ?

Please feck off with this bullshit
    Do you ever read your posts and think "fk me, who is this nutter? Wouldn't want to get stuck next to him at a bar"?

1 / The Sue Gray report probably suffered from some kind of bias.
    Here are its conclusions. The rest is factual statement of meetings and photographs. Which bits are the biased bits in your view?

Whatever the initial intent, what took place at many of these gatherings and the way in which they developed was not in line with Covid guidance at the time. Even allowing for the extraordinary pressures officials and advisers were under, the factual findings of this report illustrate some attitudes and behaviours inconsistent with that guidance. It is also clear, from the outcome of the police investigation, that a large number of individuals (83) who attended these events breached Covid regulations and therefore Covid guidance.

I have already commented in my update on what I found to be failures of leadership and judgment in No 10 and the Cabinet Office. The events that I investigated were attended by leaders in government. Many of these events should not have been allowed to happen. It is also the case that some of the more junior civil servants believed that their involvement in some of these events was permitted given the attendance of senior leaders. The senior leadership at the centre, both political and official, must bear responsibility for this culture.

In my update I made a number of general limited findings, I am pleased progress is being made in addressing the issues I raised. I commented on the fragmentary and complicated leadership structures in No 10. Since my update there have been changes to the organisation and management of Downing Street and the Cabinet Office with the aim of creating clearer lines of leadership and accountability and now these need the chance and time to bed in.

I found that some staff had witnessed or been subjected to behaviours at work which they had felt concerned about but at times felt unable to raise properly. I was made aware of multiple examples of a lack of respect and poor treatment of security and cleaning staff. This was unacceptable. I am reassured to see that steps have since been taken to introduce more easily accessible means by which to raise concerns electronically, in person or online, including directly with the Permanent Secretary in No 10. I hope that this will truly embed a culture that welcomes and creates opportunities for challenge and speaking up at all levels.

I also made a recommendation that steps should be taken to ensure that every Government Department has a clear and robust policy in place covering the consumption of alcohol in the workplace. Since then guidance has been issued to all Government Departments.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...d-restrictions

Do you ever read your posts and think "fk me, who is this nutter? Wouldn't want to get stuck next to him at a bar"?
    The main nutter on here is you

You have spent several years bigging up the Tories at every opportunity

Last year you pretended you might possibly vote Labour

That's absolute bollocks

The key is not being woke (?) and not being mean about brexit?

I must say, that is an extraordinarily strange set of priorities given what is going on in the UK/World right now.
    Isn’t it just. Seems James has lost any pretence of his self proclaimed even handedness in recent weeks.