is that pronounced ee-kay or iyke?

Re: 1st new signing

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Ug-bo

Based on no evidence whatsoever, I think the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Madlock View Post
    Based on no evidence whatsoever, I think the former.
    me too, but I always like to check

Interesting that the banter is focused on his name rather than his career.

Hopefully he can reproduce his 16 goals in 32 games season (2020-21 for Cercle Brugge in the Belgian Pro League) rather than last season's 2 in 25 (for Troyes in Ligue 1).

Why not play him this evening vs TNS?

looks to be a our new kaba... good in the air and with both feet too

Re: Ugbo is a bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post

I’m just refreshing Twitter and the forums every 30 seconds and talking out of my arse until something gets announced.
    👍😂

Re: Ugbo is a bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    👍😂
    I hope he does well. With a gut feel, and nothing more, I think he may do well.

But for the moment I just can’t get hard about this signing. Let’s see.

Re: Ugbo is a bluebird - CONFIRMED

His stats are nothing to get excited over , last season was very disappointing, can’t say we’d be too happy with a striker who scores 2 in 25 for us next season,

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not a clue what this means !

All I know is tweets won’t open
    That absolute bell end Musk has stopped people viewing tweets on an Internet browser unless their logged in to Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    His stats are nothing to get excited over , last season was very disappointing, can’t say we’d be too happy with a striker who scores 2 in 25 for us next season,
    2 in 25 is pretty misleading, he only played about 900 minutes. there were a lot of late substitutions.

still by no means a good season though

2 in 25 is pretty misleading, he only played about 900 minutes. there were a lot of late substitutions.

still by no means a good season though
    Exactly, it's impossible for any of us to know the ins and outs of what happened there. They had him on loan and signed him to a 4 year contract, and then a new manager came in and he barely had a sniff. And was then free to leave.

On a more positive note 16 in 32 in the Belgian league (which is not too dissimilar to the Championship) is a good return, especially in a poor team (they finished 16th out of 18). Made Canada's world cup squad too.

Not one to get excited about, but not one to write off just yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Exactly, it's impossible for any of us to know the ins and outs of what happened there. They had him on loan and signed him to a 4 year contract, and then a new manager came in and he barely had a sniff. And was then free to leave.

On a more positive note 16 in 32 in the Belgian league (which is not too dissimilar to the Championship) is a good return, especially in a poor team (they finished 16th out of 18). Made Canada's world cup squad too.

Not one to get excited about, but not one to write off just yet either.
    You honestly believe there's not a Troyes superfan on this board that hasn't tracked this kid since his youth football days.

He'll just need to apply himself before he's leading the line for his international team.

We started last season with watters and harris as our main strikers. Davies was injured.

Etete signed but we knew he was an investment for the future rather than a first teamer.

Of course Robinson came in late

We finished the season without Robinson but had brought in wickham and kaba, who of course saved our season.. And with etete showing some real promise.

In real terms we have lost wickham, kaba, harris and whyte with watters looking to likely be moved on.

I assume with the players who have left, that there is scope to add at least another decent striker and also more creativity and pace on the wings.

Bottom line... With etete showing great progress, robinson back from injury, ugbo signing, davies back from injury & likely more movement - i think already we look stronger up front than we did this time last year. Especially considering the limitations we have to operate in.

Ugbo has all of the attributes to be a very good player at this level... Pace, height, strength and experience...despite a poor goal scoring return the last two seasons. Whether he can kick on and do it at the championship is a risk worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    looks to be a our new kaba... good in the air and with both feet too
    Hope his both feet are not always in the air, as he’ll give away loads of free kicks !