+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forest green

forest green

good signing or desperate attention seeking?

Re: forest green

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    good signing or desperate attention seeking?
    I thought several years ago when Hope Powell left the (I think) England job, that she would be a prime candidate for a lower tier men's team to have a pint on her. Didn't happen.

Seems like it could be a good appointment and good for them forgiving it a go. I think players will have to respect her and consider her an equal on the pitch, but many successful managers haven't had great playing careers and it doesn't impact them

Will be interesting to watch and good luck to her

Yes, best of luck to her, seems an odd time to sack your manager mind - Ferguson’s record was a poor one but it’s got no worse since May.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I thought several years ago when Hope Powell left the (I think) England job, that she would be a prime candidate for a lower tier men's team to have a pint on her.
    If she’s buying the beer she’ll get the lads on board in no time.

Was surprised at this but thought fair play to the owner, he doesn't do much half heartedly.

Then realised it was a caretaker position during pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, best of luck to her, seems an odd time to sack your manager mind - Ferguson’s record was a poor one but it’s got no worse since May.
    I guess he agreed to a trial period on a salary of x and then wanted significantly more for it to become permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If she’s buying the beer she’ll get the lads on board in no time.
    Haha. Punt!! My phone knows me too well..

Haha. Punt!! My phone knows me too well..
    no need for that splottie was only joking

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    no need for that splottie was only joking
    Touche!

If I won the euromillions I probably wouldn't invest in city - you need to be a billionaire not a millionaire these days - BUT if I did invest in city, I would immediately appoint Laura McAllister as our director of football or even CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    If I won the euromillions I probably wouldn't invest in city - you need to be a billionaire not a millionaire these days - BUT if I did invest in city, I would immediately appoint Laura McAllister as our director of football or even CEO.

Hopefully she'll be judged on results, like all the other managers.

Me too. She's someone who's played the game at every level. She has goodness knows how many education degrees, and yet can mix it on any social level.
    She really did follow the City throughout the barren days - almost always on the halfway line of the Bob-Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Me too. She's someone who's played the game at every level. She has goodness knows how many education degrees, and yet can mix it on any social level.
    She really did follow the City throughout the barren days - almost always on the halfway line of the Bob-Bank.
    When it comes to knowledge of administration of the game then she's about as good as it gets

I am amazed she isn't a dof somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    When it comes to knowledge of administration of the game then she's about as good as it gets

I am amazed she isn't a dof somewhere
    Absolutely!

I went to her 1st game tonight, I know a few of the FGR coaching setup and a few Melksham Players

Loads of press to cover it, even beIN ( from France ) saw some guy called Moose ( from talksport by all accounts )

decent game, ended 1 - 1 ( howler from the FGR Keeper and then a cracking freekick from FGR to equalise )

https://i.postimg.cc/c4FG7mvY/CBE99-...FAA0-F0769.jpg

I guess he agreed to a trial period on a salary of x and then wanted significantly more for it to become permanent?
    You guess wrong. He was 6 months into a 5 year deal. After his shambolic record I don’t think Ferguson was in any position to demand more money.

Playing budget said to have been slashed and they’ve agreed to part ways. Vince is a savvy guy I can’t imagine he would be lumbered with having to pay up 4.5 years wages. A deal must have been struck that suited all concerned because Vince says they part as friends.

I still wouldn’t have fancied telling Big Dunc he was no longer required. Would have to have been a phone call rather than a face to face.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66228363

Well that didnt last long, another PR stunt from Vince ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66228363

Well that didnt last long, another PR stunt from Vince ? ?
    A total shithouse move.
    Hard to look at it as anything but a cheap publicity stunt.

blimey , you'll be telling me his electric aircraft are a publicity next

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    blimey , you'll be telling me his electric aircraft are a publicity next
    stunt

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    A total shithouse move.
    Hard to look at it as anything but a cheap publicity stunt.
    That's Dale Vince for you. Actually embarrassing in this case and it feels like a mockery was made of it all

To be fair, she was only ever named as a caretaker boss and, as such, it was always likely she wouldn’t be doing the job for long - it sounds like she’ll be staying at the club, which quite often isn’t the case with caretaker bosses.

That's Dale Vince for you. Actually embarrassing in this case and it feels like a mockery was made of it all
    I think a lot of the good will he’s gained over his Green policies and FGR, he’s losing fast with his sponsorship of Just Stop Oil. I understand that it fits with his principles but it’s the wrong type of publicity for his business.

Hannah didn't need to be in the role for the time period where she was manager. Totally unfair for her to be made an unwittingly a PR stunt.

Hopefully FGR end up back in non league where they belong