+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Food for thought.

Food for thought.

I have heard this speech by a twenty year old described as the greatest ever maiden speech by an MP.

Now, at the age of twenty eight, she’s had enough - she’s been worn down by the “toxic” atmosphere at Westminster and by the ridiculous, arcane procedures which some, apparently, treasure but I find laughable and pathetic.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2uO...QeqG6qmg_8VzNQ

This isn’t about party politics, but about losing someone of the type that Parliament really needs at a time when the reputation of politicians is on the floor.

Re: Food for thought.

Although I don’t like her politics, I can respect her talent and passion. Eloquent speaker and researches her topics well. Certainly we need more like her to have good debates. Certainly a loss go see her go.

She does also have skin in the game in undermining Westminster and criticising it at every turn. It is a bit like UKIP MPs bemoaning the culture in Brussels or Strasbourg.

But yeah, I can imagine it's a stifling atmosphere for someone in their twenties, but then many institutional work places are.

Quite a few MPs announcing they are standing down at the moment. No idea if that is the case but it does seem higher. Probably because of s predicted incoming landslide...

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Although I don’t like her politics, I can respect her talent and passion. Eloquent speaker and researches her topics well. Certainly we need more like her to have good debates. Certainly a loss go see her go.
    Same. As with Nicola Sturgeon

Yeah. One must also keep a cynical eye. Many SNP and Conservatives are leaving their outpostals because they suspect a hiding is looming all over the UK. Same happened in 1995-96 when tons of Bluenoses could see a hiding coming from Blair.

“I don’t like Parliament”. “I need to spend time with my family”. “My time in politics have reached the end of the road”.

Aye sure. “I’m due to lose my seat, I have used my political contacts to get a high-paying directorship / scroungers job in a charity” doesn’t quite have the same ring of honour to it really, does it?

90% of MP resignation letters are a pack of lies though. Mairie Black? Perhaps she is more honourable. On the surface she seems it. Let’s keep an eye on her and see where she goes next.

I bet she returns to politics. Probably as a member of Scottish Parliament - as a future Scottish Parliament leader I suspect. Compared to most of the low-grade local councillor “campaigned about street dog poo” types in the Welsh and Scottish Senedd / Parliament she is certainly a special speaker.

She had quite a funny exchange with Oliver Dowden earlier in PMQs

Very bright woman

Wasted in the SNP

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I have heard this speech by a twenty year old described as the greatest ever maiden speech by an MP.

Now, at the age of twenty eight, she’s had enough - she’s been worn down by the “toxic” atmosphere at Westminster and by the ridiculous, arcane procedures which some, apparently, treasure but I find laughable and pathetic.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2uO...QeqG6qmg_8VzNQ

This isn’t about party politics, but about losing someone of the type that Parliament really needs at a time when the reputation of politicians is on the floor.
    100%