+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tanner - looking bright. A sporting chance?

Re: Tanner - looking bright. A sporting chance?

Would love Karl Elsey to still be with us just to hear their names read out simultaneously before the match.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Would love Karl Elsey to still be with us just to hear their names read out simultaneously before the match.
    I doubt it if any one under fifty has a clue what you’re talking about, but a good one

Have we ever had a player called Roscoe??

I'm not sure to this day why we basically swopped Lindon Jones for him as Jones was the better player. I also loved John Lewis and Tarki Micallef, but Nigel Vaughan was better than them all.

With regard to Tanner, the Grealish comparison is a fair one. He has great ball control and is surprisingly strong. However, he is poor on the press and I'm going to disagree with Jon a little and say that he probably is not quick enough for Championship level. Hope I'm wrong though as he looks a lot fitter than last year and has lost a bit of weight (as has Rubin Colwill). With O'Dowda, Meite and Ojo also in the squad, there is a fair bit of competition for the left wing berth.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    I'm not sure to this day why we basically swopped Lindon Jones for him as Jones was the better player. I also loved John Lewis and Tarki Micallef, but Nigel Vaughan was better than them all.

With regard to Tanner, the Grealish comparison is a fair one. He has great ball control and is surprisingly strong. However, he is poor on the press and I'm going to disagree with Jon a little and say that he probably is not quick enough for Championship level. Hope I'm wrong though as he looks a lot fitter than last year and has lost a bit of weight (as has Rubin Colwill). With O'Dowda, Meite and Ojo also in the squad, there is a fair bit of competition for the left wing berth.
    And Kieron Evans who's also impressed in pre season. Davies also could end up out there, both better players imo

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I doubt it if any one under fifty has a clue what you’re talking about, but a good one
    😀

Tanner scored again today. Has to at least be on the bench for the first game, maybe even start.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Tanner scored again today. Has to at least be on the bench for the first game, maybe even start.
    First game in Portugal?

I’d hope the squad is a lot better come the start of the season, hopefully he gets a decent loan and gets some games at league 2 level.

At 47 I got the joke but never heard of Karl Elsey.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post

That swap deal was when I first started going to games with my Dad. John Lewis and Lindon Jones were good players. Karl Elsey was crap.