+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Multi club ownership, why doesn't Tan buy a club in the Welsh Premier as a feeder club to us?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Multi club ownership, why doesn't Tan buy a club in the Welsh Premier as a feeder club to us?

Welsh Premier League clubs are shit. We’d be lucky to find a League 2 quality player in the division, let alone a Championship quality one.

I would like to see the English pyramid Welsh clubs do more to help out the Welsh pyramid though. Our national league is an embarrassment compared to the rest of Europe. There’s some potential in it though, just look at the leaps and bounds the Irish league has come on in a few years.

Re: Multi club ownership, why doesn't Tan buy a club in the Welsh Premier as a feeder club to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I would like to see the English pyramid Welsh clubs do more to help out the Welsh pyramid though. Our national league is an embarrassment compared to the rest of Europe.
    thats exactly what the OP was propropsing, not that we find players in Welsh prem.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Welsh Premier League clubs are shit. We’d be lucky to find a League 2 quality player in the division, let alone a Championship quality one.

I would like to see the English pyramid Welsh clubs do more to help out the Welsh pyramid though. Our national league is an embarrassment compared to the rest of Europe. There’s some potential in it though, just look at the leaps and bounds the Irish league has come on in a few years.
    I don't think the Welsh Premier League is shit. I enjoy watching WPL games and think we should all be doing more to support the WPL.. But saying that i do agree the standard is an ocean away from it being a feeder league for the championship.. Even sending our younger players on loan to the WPL hasn't yielded any positive outcomes. So a Tan owned WPL is a big no from me. But it has potential as you say.. I'd like to see games better attended.

When I'm back in Wales and city are not playing on a Saturday i should make more of an effort to go an see WPL games, saying that my dad is a big rugby fan, Abertillery, so sometimes i go up and watch an Abertillery game with him. He loves me doing that and i actually enjoy the games. Surprised how many city fans are there and I'm sure my old man gets frustrated when I'm talking football in the club house. But three cans for a fiver does that :)

He's 79, so it's a nice thing to do with him "come on the ab".