+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which stadium do you prefer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Which stadium do you prefer?

I do miss the atmosphere from Ninian Park. The transition from NP to CCS has been made easier for me due to the similar location and better facilities inside and outside the new ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Parti Mellow View Post
    I do miss the atmosphere from Ninian Park. The transition from NP to CCS has been made easier for me due to the similar location and better facilities inside and outside the new ground.
    The ‘atmosphere’ You could count the games that it was ‘rocking’ in its last thirty odd years on one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The ‘atmosphere’ You could count the games that it was ‘rocking’ in its last thirty odd years on one hand.
    I always liked hearing the fullback on the other side of the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I always liked hearing the fullback on the other side of the pitch
    Our season tickets were last row of the Bob Bank, in the corner, Grange End side. One game, I always think it was against Rochdale, the ball was cleared by a City defender right up to us. There wasn’t a soul in the stand or the terrace between us in the back row and the touchline. I kicked it back, one bounce on the terrace, over the fence and the Rochdale player caught it with a ‘Cheers mate’. It was akin
    to someone retrieving a ball over Pontcanna and being thanked Atmosphere, my arse

At NP it felt like we were a bit different, at CCS it feels like we’re mostly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    At NP it felt like we were a bit different, at CCS it feels like we’re mostly the same.
    Certainly different, pissing against a wall in the rain, no chance of a shite if desperate. The Bob Bank Village for a half time pint in the open air in November, December, January etc....oh yeah, we were different alright.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Certainly different, pissing against a wall in the rain, no chance of a shite if desperate. The Bob Bank Village for a half time pint in the open air in November, December, January etc....oh yeah, we were different alright.
    The day the wall of the Bob Bank Bar fell down at half time

08122007143.jpg

08122007142.jpg