+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which stadium do you prefer?

Re: Which stadium do you prefer?

There’s no right or wrong answer for this as both had their moments and glad to experience them both.

For the odd boring evening game where you can chill in your seat, play on your phone CCS wins hands down

For the odd game NP was so enjoyable and the crush to the front in the grange end and the odd game where the away fans were on form hasn’t been replicated in the CCS

The atmosphere I’ve seen in the CCS in other games has been as good as many of the best in the NP

Let’s put it this way, I bet the clamour for tickets for next seasons PL away days will be far more for Luton’s dump than it will for a nice trip to one of the standard bowls.

I do envy the Cardiff Rugby centre of town experience sometimes, but I think it would annoy the hell out of me for the majority of games if you wasn’t having a beer prematch.

You can’t have the penny and the bun.

My heart and soul will always be at Ninian Park

I've only been to the CCS a handful of times. But NP was becoming such a dump and there was no room for expansion. I'll never forget seeing the new Grange End for the first time. I was gutted. The seats in the Bob Bank looked shit. And the "facilities" were just dire. Obviously, many fantastic times were had there (and even more miserable ones) but if Cardiff was to progress as club, which it obviously has there was no choice other than to start over. The CCS has its faults. I wish it looked more imposing from the outside and I wish we'd been able to keep the floodlights. But on the whole, I think it's pretty decent by modern standards.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I've only been to the CCS a handful of times. But NP was becoming such a dump and there was no room for expansion. I'll never forget seeing the new Grange End for the first time. I was gutted. The seats in the Bob Bank looked shit. And the "facilities" were just dire. Obviously, many fantastic times were had there (and even more miserable ones) but if Cardiff was to progress as club, which it obviously has there was no choice other than to start over. The CCS has its faults. I wish it looked more imposing from the outside and I wish we'd been able to keep the floodlights. But on the whole, I think it's pretty decent by modern standards.
    A fair assessment of things.