+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which stadium do you prefer?

Re: Which stadium do you prefer?

At NP it felt like we were a bit different, at CCS it feels like we’re mostly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Whenever your getting thoughts about the good times, just think of times like Sjoke in the play-offs
    I'll never forget that night, I was just standing at the end, shell-shocked that it had happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    At NP it felt like we were a bit different, at CCS it feels like we’re mostly the same.
    Certainly different, pissing against a wall in the rain, no chance of a shite if desperate. The Bob Bank Village for a half time pint in the open air in November, December, January etc....oh yeah, we were different alright.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    I'll never forget that night, I was just standing at the end, shell-shocked that it had happened.
    We went home, packed 2 suitcases, and pissed off on a short break

Absolutely gutted

I always have such good memories of NP but as someone reminded me, the atmosphere last few years was pretty poor.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Certainly different, pissing against a wall in the rain, no chance of a shite if desperate. The Bob Bank Village for a half time pint in the open air in November, December, January etc....oh yeah, we were different alright.
    Most away fans I’ve seen comment on it prefer NP hands down.

I don't think that anyone would argue that the facilities at Ninian Park weren't awful, and the match day experience at the Ccs is much more comfortable and friendly. That goes without saying.

In my opinion, 8000 fans who were 'on one' at Ninian park could make a whole lot more noise than 16,000 at the CCS. Probably because the majority of that 8000 would have been stood on the Bob Bank or Grange End (Combined) Yes, we all know about the countless times when there was 3000 at ninian park and we could hear what the players were saying, but wouldn't that be the same at the CCS if we endured year after year of shit football? It wasn't Ninian Park that caused a poor atmosphere, it was the shit on display. A tight 6-7000 fans at Ninian park could sound quite loud, that would never be the case at the CCS.

I’m pleased to say both hold great memories. On it’s day they are both equal on atmosphere too.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Most away fans I’ve seen comment on it prefer NP hands down.
    I thought CCS was highly thought of by away fans, facilities and safety wise.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We went home, packed 2 suitcases, and pissed off on a short break

Absolutely gutted

Week’s break in the Potteries?

And that's a fair assessment in my opinion. I get the impression that some people think that because Ninian Park holds a place in some fans hearts that they're just bring emotional and nostalgic. A bit of an insult in my opinion, and very dismissive. And surprisingly, it's from some posters who thought that everything was better 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And that's a fair assessment in my opinion. I get the impression that some people think that because Ninian Park holds a place in some fans hearts that they're just bring emotional and nostalgic. A bit of an insult in my opinion, and very dismissive. And surprisingly, it's from some posters who thought that everything was better 30 years ago.
    Reply to Dave Blue.

The one where you could stand and move about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The one where you could stand and move about.
    That wouldn't do today, for safety reasons etc. But yeah, what wasn't to like about that?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

I think I would have rather seen NP developed ad hoc (like Ipswich for example) .
    I think Ipswich is a good example of a ground that was upgraded without losing the soul and spirit of the place. One of my favourite grounds. Maybe things were too dilapidated at NP for there ever to have been a business case to do something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    I think Ipswich is a good example of a ground that was upgraded without losing the soul and spirit of the place. One of my favourite grounds. Maybe things were too dilapidated at NP for there ever to have been a business case to do something similar.
    Probably. The retail units probably played a big part in the new stadium as well. I would have liked to have seen Ninian Park redeveloped, but it would have probably meant flattening every stand and starting again. I don't really feel an affinity towards the Bowl we have now, it looks nice and shiny, but not lived in.

I thought CCS was highly thought of by away fans, facilities and safety wise.
    Perhaps things that make for a comfortable rather than memorable away day.

This thread is just about personal preferences so you’d expect some differences. Not sure there’s much up for debate.

You'll never beat pissing against the White Wall on the Bob Bank Corner, the new stadium will not surpass the camaraderie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That wouldn't do today, for safety reasons etc. But yeah, what wasn't to like about that?
    I used to watch whatever goal we were attacking from a position in line with the 18 yard box. I remember shouting goal once while the ball was still in the air and everybody looked at me. It was Chopra v Leicester, but I could see from the dip on the ball that it was going into the top corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I used to watch whatever goal we were attacking from a position in line with the 18 yard box. I remember shouting goal once while the ball was still in the air and everybody looked at me. It was Chopra v Leicester, but I could see from the dip on the ball that it was going into the top corner.
    Was that the game where he got a hat trick? All of them different. What a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Was that the game where he got a hat trick? All of them different. What a player.
    Yeah, it was the 3rd goal where he twisted and turned on the edge of the penalty area. I had a perfect view of the trajectory of the ball, and it was only ever going to end up in one place from the moment it left his boot.

The day the wall of the Bob Bank Bar fell down at half time

08122007143.jpg

08122007142.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Quality hat-trick.

Helen Keller's dog found NP easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    You'll never beat pissing against the White Wall on the Bob Bank Corner, the new stadium will not surpass the camaraderie.
    Those sort of memories stay with you, like my first home game v Peterborough in 1988, some big valleys lump decided he couldn’t be arsed to walk to the white wall so he just decided to let it flow right behind me, nice warm right lower leg I had that misty eve….