+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yakou Meite signs on a two-year deal. CONFIRMED

Yakou Meite signs on a two-year deal. CONFIRMED

Just announced.

Re: Yakou Meite signs on a two-year deal. CONFIRMED

Welcome Yakou Méïté - breaking new ground for Cardiff City in diacritics - three for the price of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Welcome Yakou Méïté - breaking new ground for Cardiff City in diacritics - three for the price of one.
    Had to google the term diacritics! Will be impressed if our fanbase get the letters the correct way around, let alone the right accents in the correct direction!

Great signing - the Reading forums seem united in their love for him. He seems to be one of the few players that played well and never let them down. Fingers crossed he can stay injury free.

Quote Originally Posted by Re-sign Carl Dale View Post
    Had to google the term diacritics! Will be impressed if our fanbase get the letters the correct way around, let alone the right accents in the correct direction!

Great signing - the Reading forums seem united in their love for him. He seems to be one of the few players that played well and never let them down. Fingers crossed he can stay injury free.
    No doubt Pearcey will give us his informed view

An interesting one.

La Brute (according to his twitter account)

Quote Originally Posted by Re-sign Carl Dale View Post

They have nothing but good things to say about him. Apparently, one of the few players to be able to hold their head up over the last few seasons.
    They also acknowledge the impact his acl injury had.

I had to Google it too.

So how do we pronounce his name. I would guess at Maytay but probably wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    We've always had dire critics on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I had to Google it too.

So how do we pronounce his name. I would guess at Maytay but probably wrong.
    It's a mighty relief he's signed at last.

If he is fit he will be dangerous

If he can stay fit this is a good signing. Fingers crossed for him.

Of the players brought in so far they appear to fit the bill for what the team need. So hopefully there'll be more to come in the coming weeks.

I like it. It like it even more if it’s not just him. We need quality options. And he’s one of them.

I also like the fact Reading fans don’t want him gone and he’s known as one of the good characters. I think that’s always an underrated aspect of a good team. Too many miserable bastards can’t win anything.