+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe keeping

Joe keeping

Not a name I'm aware of, but apparently signed for Merthyr from us.

Hope they have a good season

Re: Joe keeping

https://www.merthyrtownfc.co.uk/news...of-joe-keeping

Think I saw him come on as a sub for the under 21s once or two, City have a few good left sided youngsters coming through at the moment which probably didn’t help his cause.

Best of luck to him at Merthyr.

He was captain of the 18’s all last season and made the jump up to the 21’s several times as well.
    He was a left back who enjoyed link up play and got up and down the wing with ease
    The cull of second year scholars was particularly brutal this year but I didn’t see Joe’s release coming to be honest
    He took part in the exit trials with several clubs interested but Merthyr offered him a deal early on which he sees as a springboard
    Good luck to him 👍

Tana Jones was another second year scholar released by the City at the end of the season.
    Tana was desperately unlucky with injuries.
    I’m pleased to see that Merthyr offered him the opportunity of training with them pre season
    Both Tana and Joe played 45 minutes for Merthyr this afternoon
    They won 6 - 0 ⚽️🤩👍

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    The cull of second year scholars was particularly brutal this year but I didn’t see Joe’s release coming to be honest
    I think that this was down to quality rather than policy. 6 of the intake are now pro's; Dennis, Colwill, Kenniford, Jefferies, Ashford and Wigley. You can see a dozen or so of next years intake turning pro.

I agree that Keeping was the unlucky one, but as Paul has pointed out, he is a year younger than Tom Davies and a year older than Luey Giles who are both highly rated. The very talented Josh Beecher is also only a year younger and may end up as a left back.

The club can to keep them all it is more important there is a pathway to the 1st team for the ones we do keep

We seem to have a left back production line operating down the academy not dissimilar to the Welsh outside half production line Max sang about in the seventies lol 😂
    If you take into account this season’s first year scholars you have the well regarded Jac Thomas or “JT”
    A diminutive in stature but athletic young lad from Treherbert - that’s Paul’s neck of the woods 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    We seem to have a left back production line operating down the academy not dissimilar to the Welsh outside half production line Max sang about in the seventies lol ��
    If you take into account this season’s first year scholars you have the well regarded Jac Thomas or “JT”
    A diminutive in stature but athletic young lad from Treherbert - that’s Paul’s neck of the woods ��
    Hasn't a lad called Cody Williams also signed from the same club and also a left-footer. Have they announced this years scholars yet?

Cody came to Cardiff from Cambrian
    Not sure who they are tbh
    He’s been with us for about two years
    He’s a midfielder and not a left back
    I’m interested in watching a local lad from Grangetown called Lennon Talbot who’s a pacey winger and no I don’t think they’ve announced the first year scholars yet 🤫