+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There’s barely anything I agree with this Government about, but

There’s barely anything I agree with this Government about, but

Sunak was right to express his reservations about the USA supplying Ukraine with cluster bombs in my opinion.

Re: There’s barely anything I agree with this Government about, but

an interesting take on Bidens press secretary speaking last year . so i guess won't be a war crime now then if used

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sunak was right to express his reservations about the USA supplying Ukraine with cluster bombs in my opinion.
    'Reservations' are better than nothing I suppose, and it is probably unrealistic to expect any UK PM to go further - especially a Tory PM with a limp survival strategy of 'talk tough on migrants; talk tough on Russia'. But the right response to the US and Biden should be total condemnation.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    'Reservations' are better than nothing I suppose, and it is probably unrealistic to expect any UK PM to go further - especially a Tory PM with a limp survival strategy of 'talk tough on migrants; talk tough on Russia'. But the right response to the US and Biden should be total condemnation.
    I did wonder if “reservations” was the right word to use - as you say, it’s hardly a total condemnation is it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I did wonder if “reservations” was the right word to use - as you say, it’s hardly a total condemnation is it.
    As fellow members of the 'Five Eyes' group it is not surprising that the criticism is guarded. The US declared itself to be neutral during the Falklands conflict whilst supporting the UK with intelligence behind the scenes, such is the relationship.
    It's Realpolitik.

America says Jump !

Britain says how high shall we jump oh great ones ?

That's how it works generally

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    America says Jump !

Britain says how high shall we jump oh great ones ?

That's how it works generally
    The U.S is in danger of isolating itself with this latest development.

Ukraine may be running out of conventional weapons.

I believe they have the finance strategy right ( as does Labour as announced by Mrs Reeves yesterday ) it is forcing house prices down which is a good thing for young folk

Stop illegal immigration.

Support Ukraine .

Supported their Vaccine and Covid support scheme.

Did not support the severity of lockdown measures as they stood as more folk are dying now as a consequence ( had no choices though as opposition /media frenzy and wacko scientist pushed them on to it ) blood on everyone's hands .

Curtail strikes of key workers and expand it out to Rail , Teachers , Universities , Border staff , DVLA , Passports get more in line with the European model.

Introduce a top up insurance of health for those that can afford it as per European models ( Wes of the Street thinks the same )

Agree a woman cannot have a penis and stop the invasions of their safe and private places toilets / prison .

Admire their commitment to having the first black leader ,let woman lead their party and allow many more ethnic minorities to fill top cabinet jobs .

Agree on leaving Europe as we see Germany and Netherlands slip into deeper recession .

Agree on making our own decision on health as per vaccine roll out and hopefully now we can deploy before Europe and the world the new Alzheimer's Aducanumab drug instead relying on the dithering European Medicines Agency who refused the licence 2021 ,explain that one to the Alzheimer's sufferers who will want to try anything ?

My list of Labour governments decisions are :
    ???
    ????
    ?????
    ??????
    ???????
    Follow the Tories decision ( yep that is one )

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    As fellow members of the 'Five Eyes' group it is not surprising that the criticism is guarded. The US declared itself to be neutral during the Falklands conflict whilst supporting the UK with intelligence behind the scenes, such is the relationship.
    It's Realpolitik.
    Exactly. This is exactly what diplomacy means. Words are always guarded in public

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Exactly. This is exactly what diplomacy means. Words are always guarded in public
    It's not just diplomacy. It's also the intelligence alliance that is involved behind the scenes.