+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ollie Denham gone to Dundee Utd 1 Year Loan

Ollie Denham gone to Dundee Utd 1 Year Loan

Re: Ollie Denham gone to Dundee Utd 1 Year Loan

The sort of loan we need to do more - Denham should get plenty of games in a team which will be fancied for promotion.

Good loan.

We need another CB - maybe two. Ng likely to be playing RB (and getting the nod over Romeo based on pre-season so far). Benjamin has looked very unsure of himself in the pre-season games - and probably needs a loan out. That leaves three - and one of those is Simpson, who to be fair has looked OK this summer, but makes me very nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The sort of loan we need to do more - Denham should get plenty of games in a team which will be fancied for promotion.
    Yes, I would agree. Build up his 30 games a season match fitness now. He looks decent from what I have seen of him. A bit of maturity then who knows? A good sale or pushing for regular first team footie next. Good luck to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good loan.

We need another CB - maybe two. Ng likely to be playing RB (and getting the nod over Romeo based on pre-season so far). Benjamin has looked very unsure of himself in the pre-season games - and probably needs a loan out. That leaves three - and one of those is Simpson, who to be fair has looked OK this summer, but makes me very nervous.
    I would look to get 2 more centre backs then sell Simpson. I don't rate him. Too error-prone for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I would look to get 2 more centre backs then sell Simpson. I don't rate him. Too error-prone for my liking.
    The other option is to carry on with the Eli King as CB experiment. He has done OK in the friendlies - but a league campaign is a different thing. I would be happy for him to stay as part of the squad (rather than another loan) but he is surely a No 6 - Wintle's understudy?

LOVE this loan.

Hope he gets some valuable game time and comes back pushing for a first team spot.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7910/OLLIE-DENHAM-JOINS-UNITED-ON-LOAN-FROM-CARDIFF-CITY.html

Sorry link doesn't work. Copy/paste it.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    We have absolutely no chance of selling Simpson.

Seems a good loan, he needs games.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The other option is to carry on with the Eli King as CB experiment. He has done OK in the friendlies - but a league campaign is a different thing. I would be happy for him to stay as part of the squad (rather than another loan) but he is surely a No 6 - Wintle's understudy?
    Yes, I am a fan of Eli King. I think he and Rubin Colwill ought to get more match and in-match-game-time this season. Full games in training doesn't really prepare them for the rigours of a full competitive match, so as with phasing in all youngsters, gradually increasing their matches season by season, and the amount of time per match gradually, should increase their experience without creating physical burnout.

Hopefully Bulut and the Physio will know that. I like King, and I think he may be the guy to challenge / rotate with Joe Ralls and Wintle for that CDM role.

Or 'Denholm' if you use the BBC app on an iPhone